Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Someone's getting fired over this :3

Started by Serika, May 02, 2013, 12:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serika

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22376865

PepsiCo is in a bit of trouble after hosting a certain Mountain Dew commercial on it's website. They took it down after numerous complaints of racism and sexism, but thanks to helpful youtube trolls this is not likely to disappear anytime soon.

Star, i know you already hate Pepsi enough as it is, but this ought to make you shake your head in disappointment. :lol:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Sorry, the commercial's been removed. I can't see what it was all about.  :S

EDIT: Okay, I've seen part of it on Cnn.com... and apparently, this is what happens when you hand creative control of a commercial over to a Hip Hop Artist. =_=  It almost sounds like it was done by one of those "Gangsta" assholes and not a true rapper as Will Smith used to be - more like Tupac or something.

This is not going to help the Hip Hop community score any points, that's for dayum sure. Then again, I *like* Mountain Dew and that's not going to help them either; I just don't like Pepsi itself.  =/

Welp... I'm fucked...

Lurkerson

I'll admit that this opinion is based off of a news report rather than the commercial itself, but yeah... that seems a bit too much.  They couldn't have had a bunch of goats in the line up instead?

To be fair to it, I guess that it could potentially be seen as a jab at police using racial profiling instead of racism itself.  But there was still way too little thought put into using something like that as an ad.