New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Learning to read in Japanese...?

Started by Kenichi123, November 29, 2010, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenichi123

Hey, I suppose everyone here actually knows a thing or two about Japanese reading, yeah,

Anyways; to get to the point;

Anyone know a good site where I can learn to read or listen to Japanese? I'm gettin' kind of tired of waiting for people to translate beloved manga or games/ or sub anime =\

Thanks~
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't take whatever I said seriously, Unless it has to do with anything I do-er-we-as-sh-... yeah. Just read what I wrote :(

tenck5k

I was actually considering taking Elementary Japanese in the coming semester. This may give me a head start. Are those two links what you used to learn Lisk? If so, I'm in! XD

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

JackO

I used to play a game called Shenmue II, of which the dialogue was in Japanese, with English subtitles so I sorta ended up picking up some Japanese phrases... mainly swear words... but reading Japanese is obviously a different matter what with Kanji and such its not just speaking it phonetically or otherwise... you have to recognise the symbols and everything.

I'd say obviously start simple and work your way up, Rome wasn't built in a day... maybe once you've started to learn some of the words you could try reading some simple kids manga or something and work your way up. I don't know if listening to and speaking Japanese at the same time would  make things harder or easier... although I suppose if you want to understand un-translated anime you'll want to do both, in which case my advice would be to immerse yourself in japanese stuff, where you know what they're saying. Like I had the game that I played, maybe you could find things in japanese with English subtitles and then learn to recognise simple words and phrases, keep saying them and listening to them and putting them into sentences and such.

That'd be my rather lengthy advice on how to go about it.  :clap: