* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Fear The British...

Started by JackO, June 07, 2010, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackO

FOR WE ARE MAD...

Just read this - http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3312275

An angry holidaymaker has changed her name by deed poll because of a dispute with the travel agent Thomas Cook.

Austin Kettle from Ipswich changed her name to 'Mrs Lorraine Darla I Hate Thomas Cook And Its Associates Big Shot Company Treading On The Little Guy Leeks' after a row with the company.

:lol:

JackO

Quote from: B.u.S. on June 07, 2010, 10:11:39 AM
I don't know whether I should be applauding this or crying my eyes out at the stupidity of this.

Either that or the judge that approved this is really dumb... and the person who changed their name is equally as dumb for spending £50 to do this xD

And that's sure as hell not the name on her passport either, so she still has to pay the fee to change the name on the ticket >_>

Ashitaka

The whole situation is pretty laughable really, seems a daft move by the airline to make her pay so much to change the name on the ticket. As JackO says though, she's going to have to pay the name-change fee anyway, so she's not really achieved anything by doing this - other than earning herself a little publicity.

That said, it's so quintessentially British to do something like that when you're a bit angry. Who needs to find a proper solution, when you can change your name to show your indignation! I wonder if she's written a strongly worded letter as well!

hashish

notnaruto18

At least you guys still have a tourism industry. I live in arizona, and everyone here has been labled as Nazis because of our new immigration law. We are getting boycotted up the butt and are losing a lot of money because of it. It sucks.