Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

GOD

Started by butterman100, September 13, 2009, 05:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Quote from: Serika on September 23, 2009, 03:52:12 PM
The bad thing... is that most people aren't capable of this kind of reasoning, and some would even fight to the death over who has the better god.

Don't people already do that? I mean with the Islamic extremists claiming that Allah is better than Jesus or Jehovah and whatnot?  >.>

Phatman_Dover

Quote from: The_Enigma on September 18, 2009, 01:39:25 PM
Quote from: TaintedLove on September 15, 2009, 02:16:42 PM
Similar but different.  Like, less separate, but no less individual.  Like, inherently the same being, manifesting in all different fashions possible simultaneously at all times.  Subjective, as well.  In this fashion, all sentient beings will perceive * differently.

So it's like the omnipresence idea.  You don't believe in a singular god, but that everything that is makes up to be the divine presence?  I like your idea, it's very...open.  I can see how that would have a lot of positives to it.

However, what is the general attitude of your multi-god?  Is it loving and merciful, random and carefree, harsh and natural, or just everything all at once again?

To give everyone a general idea of what TL is talking about, I provide a visual representation below.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

Pustuilo

I don't know if there is a god, but if there is one who really created us and is controlling us like religion says then he's a sadist.

hashish

I don't even wanna say anything about me and religion coz that'd make it personal, but at the end of the day it's all about faith IMO. You can go as far as "facts" and historical "proof" to an extent, but theres so much slander and lies from people who don't have all the facts but have a bigger mouth, compared to people who took time to figure out asd much as they can before forming an opinion. IMO its not even worth discussing because in my experience of ~18 years, for the most part people will simply not listen to something they don't want to hear. When most people think they have an upper hand or some "reasonable" grounding, they won't listen to logic OR reason. Humans are lazy by nature.

The wind blows, but you can't proove it exists. You cant see, feel, hear, or smell it. You can only see the effects it has on everything else.

animepee

FallenStar

Hey, animepee... Love your new avatar.   :clap:
Welp... I'm fucked...

TaintedLove

Really now.  I hate it because it's huge, obnoxious and from a horrible ass anime.  And the sig is even worse, since it's borderline spam.

Summary of Inuyasha:
"INUYASHA!"
"KAGOME!"
"INUYASHA!"
"KAGOME!"
"INUYASHA!"
"KAGOME!"
"INUYASHA!"
"KAGOME!"
"INUYASHA!"
"KAGOME!"
Repeat for 167 episodes and 4 movies.

FallenStar

Horrible ass anime? See, coming from a self-styled anime hater such as yourself, that almost makes it a compliment,   :lol:

I do agree it's a bit annoying on the name calling part, but there are some episodes that do, really, touch my soul, so I can't hate it 100%. 
Welp... I'm fucked...

TaintedLove

Actually, that's true.  There were a few moments.  And Miroku's a fun guy.  Maybe if they made Inuyasha Kai, it would be a good show.  After all, it turned DBZ from "Okay show" to "Good show".

hashish

Hijacked thread much?

TaintedLove

Hashish for advanced member.

mdunham1440

me?
im hardcore athiest,

im into technology and science and this is my theory, bare with me and this is not intended to be offencive(bud if your a super religious type i would turn away)

anyways, my theory is that the world is amazing, the universe is emence, way to emence to even begin to comprehend, i mean it wasnt that long ago that we thought the world was flat, so my theory is that, us humans as it is our nature, always want the easy way out, there is no way for us to even begin to understand how we came to be, so therefore we substitute it with an easy way out, god, its simple, we dont understand it so we make up an answer,

Tru

Quote from: hashish on October 04, 2009, 01:20:47 PM
The wind blows, but you can't proove it exists.

What.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

The_Enigma

Quote from: mdunham1440 on October 06, 2009, 09:16:38 PM
me?
im hardcore athiest,

im into technology and science and this is my theory, bare with me and this is not intended to be offencive(bud if your a super religious type i would turn away)

anyways, my theory is that the world is amazing, the universe is emence, way to emence to even begin to comprehend, i mean it wasnt that long ago that we thought the world was flat, so my theory is that, us humans as it is our nature, always want the easy way out, there is no way for us to even begin to understand how we came to be, so therefore we substitute it with an easy way out, god, its simple, we dont understand it so we make up an answer,

I believe you meant "immense," sir.  And I can see where you come from; logic beats faith.  Answers beat myth.  Absolute proof beats an air of mystery.  However, whether God is real or not, religion in itself bears many prosperous fruits for the betterment of humanity.  Sure, you might say that wars are fought in the name of religion, but I must say that the good that religion brings far outweighs the terribleness of the wars fought over it.  And that's not even to mention that no religion even promotes war...the wars are fought by the people, not by the religion.

TaintedLove

Quote from: Tru on October 06, 2009, 11:43:00 PM
Quote from: hashish on October 04, 2009, 01:20:47 PM
The wind blows, but you can't proove it exists.

What.

Please be nice to my little bro, okay babe?