TalkBox v1.0

wetting found in games.

Started by andreasaspenberg, January 29, 2008, 03:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Those who have problems with MayaFuuka, try this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c0qppe
It should work.

As for ONEWEEK, everything I've said about final fantasy parody compatibility issues, goes for this game as well. They're using the same engine, after all. Game engine can't find the path to picture files with japanese characters in them (unless you're using AppLocale/running the game under japanese locale settings) and crashes.

Speaking of which, there is another update. The progress so far is as follows:
- 66 out of 135 maps are translated. Why update when there's so little progress according to map counter? Because what I'm getting through now is text-intense town events. For example, the next build will include TWO relevant map updates, but these two maps will contain a lot of dialogue and allow you to traverse through these territories without fear of walking into an untranslated part. Besides, long inn bedwetting scenes are long.
- Gameplay-wise the translated part includes your return from the trial, sneaking into Marron castle, getting new party member and an airship and travelling to the forest town. Have fun with the twins.
- The database is almost finished, only two common events left, one for final party member and one for dark elf event, which would be includet in the next update.

tenck5k

I fail at this forever...here, a screenshot of the two issues. left side is the error when running Maya, while on the right side is the window that appears when running one week with applocale, followed by the error I get when I try either just hitting ok, or changing the path to a path that actually exists.

I apologize for being a bother. :(

http://i.imgur.com/50MN5.png

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

EnragedFilia

The Maya error is the same one I get after using a transplanted RPG_RT.exe file, so it would seem you haven't figured out anything that I haven't.

The One Week dialog boxes appear to be trying to locate RPG Maker XP (or just the RTP). So I would suggest either directing it to the location where one or the other is located or reinstalling it and then directing One Week to that location. XP is the same version used in the Fushigina Gakkou to Futari no Shoujo game (with the girl in the haunted school), so if you can run that one but not One Week, then it's not the issue I'm thinking of.

As for Maya, it's possible that you don't have RPG Maker 2000 either. Having so many versions of these things is a problem sometimes, isn't it?

tenck5k

Fushigina works fine...hmm.
The OneWeek download is just an exe, while the Fushigina game has all the game files visible. The oneweek exe file looks slightly different: the icon looks like the game.exe icon from the other (little orange ball/sun), only with green arrows pointing out, so I thought it would place the files there when run...not the case I guess?

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ

Lisk

Quote from: tenck5k on August 18, 2011, 07:07:55 PM
The OneWeek download is just an exe, while the Fushigina game has all the game files visible. The oneweek exe file looks slightly different: the icon looks like the game.exe icon from the other (little orange ball/sun), only with green arrows pointing out, so I thought it would place the files there when run...not the case I guess?
It's just an archive, it asks you where you want to place the game files. Just extract the game files anywhere you want it and run the game normally.

tenck5k

Quote from: Lisk on August 18, 2011, 07:27:19 PM
Quote from: tenck5k on August 18, 2011, 07:07:55 PM
It's just an archive, it asks you where you want to place the game files. Just extract the game files anywhere you want it and run the game normally.

I get the error shown in the picture, no matter what location I choose for it.

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ

Lisk

Looks like AppLocale cannot into extracting. Oh well, here's the extracted game archive.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/r2snke
However, given the amount of questions regarding RPG Maker compatibility issues, maybe we should branch off into a separate thread with something like a FAQ and the link list in the first post. It would be easier to keep the translation discussion there as well. What do you think about it?

Lisk

Nyo Time! This time I don't know what this game is about, I'm too tired to throughfully check it today, so I'll just leave it here. Downloading from Sendspace is always better than registring on some P2P server and getting its client with 50mb download limit, isn't it? Anyway, this time it's not RPG Maker game, it's Wolf RPG editor game. As far as I can tell, all you have to do is to get the game itself and probably resolve locale issues. Geez, switching to an ID-based board and registration-based P2P uploader like that...

tsun!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4dj415

ltmt

Hmm.. This last one works just fine, but seems to output characters unfamiliar to AGTH. Only about 20% of the game's "letters" are extracted into agth's text file (different/unrecognized form of Japanese or something?) Is there anything I can do about this? Loving the translations btw, awesome stuff :)

mkart720

In Nyo Time, does anyone know if there is a Manami route or what the meal ticket and coffee is for?

EnragedFilia

More likely they're being output as images rather than text. I'll try it and see if I can figure anything else out.

Lisk

No, they're not images, but in this (and some other) case AGTH or ITH can't capture the characters more than one time in default threads. Use your text hooker with /x3 code, it will give you much more threads and some of them (three, I think) have all the characters.

In other news: it never stops once it starts to slide. The progress so far is as follows:
- 76 out of 135 maps are translated. Rance Quest will be out in 2 days (wktk)...
- Gameplay-wise the translated part includes everything until you go to the Lime tower to rescue your friend.
- The database is almost finished, only one common event left.

EnragedFilia

In other words, the engine is reusing common characters (mostly hiragana from what I can see) which saves it the trouble of having to load the entire string that it's trying to print. But because the reused characters aren't being loaded, AGTH has no idea they're being printed. Is that what you're trying to say?

edit: more findings regarding Nyo Time
The /X3 parameter doesn't work so well. It displays a lot more threads, but the ones which have "all" the characters receive an endless stream of them, making them pretty much useless for actually extracting any text. Fortunately, however, with a combination of google transliterate and translate and my ability to recognize kana and common phrases, I've managed to piece together most of what's going on in the game:

Your character, named "protagonist" (yes, really) is stuck in a time loop and approached by a time-traveling witch girl, who tells him that to break the loop he has to make a girl named Nanami wet herself (she's either his little sister or his neighbor, and I can't find much evidence either way). After explaining some more background details, she sends him to the beginning of the day and you take control. Here's a walkthrough:

First, go over and examine your desk 3 times to get a pack of gum. Exit the screen to the right and enter the other set of paper doors. Nanami is sleeping, and there's something that looks like a small TV set on the right side of the room. From what I can tell these TVs are optional collectables that unlock the true ending scenes, there are around 10 of them and they have to be found in order. I haven't bothered to translate the text they give you well enough to make any sense of any of it. Anyway, I'll list them all at the end of this and focus on the actual progression for now. Leave the room and go west to exit the building, talk to the old guy next to the door and go back inside. Turn south at the first intersection, go to the large room with green tatami mats and get the black square thingy at the southwest corner, which turns out to be a "father's bag". Go to your inventory and use it to obtain an "instant adhesive", then go to the southeast corner of the area and enter the door on the right, which is the girls' bathroom. Click the second stall door from the left and select the first option to use the adhesive. Then leave the house again, talk to the old guy and select the second option to return his bag but refuse the money he offers. Now go west, then north to the school.

Control now switches to Nanami, waking up in her room. Go south to the bathroom and examine the stall door that you sabotaged earlier. Nanami finds it stuck and decides she'll have to use the bathroom at school before class. Then leave the house and talk to the old guy again to receive 200 yen. Now go to the school, where control switches back to protagonist.

Follow the path north and west to the main building, enter and go up the stairs, then go west to the other staircase and all the way up to the roof. Go east and talk to the witch girl, select the first option (I think this has to do with telling her to block the floor girls' room doors). Now go back to the entrance of the building and turn west. Talk to the person standing in front of the boxes and select the first option to remove them and get a 'meal ticket' (I still haven't figured out what this is for, if anything). Talk to the girl to the west and select the first option to trade your pack of gum for a can of sardines. Then talk to her again to get one stick of gum back. Now leave the building, go east and talk to the cat. It starts following you around, so lead it back inside and near the girls' room, where someone runs up and starts petting it. Go back up to the roof and examine the square thingies near where witch girl was standing earlier. Go to the third floor girls' room door, talk to the witch girl there and select the first option to tell her to block the second floor girls' room too. Now go to the second floor and enter the east classroom. Use the stick of gum in your inventory, then examine the teacher's desk/podium thingy near the top of the classroom and select the first option to (I'm guessing) stick your gum on it. Now go to the third floor and enter the east classroom by selecting the first option.

Control switches to Nanami again. Go to the main school building and check the vending machines to the east, between the staircase and the bathrooms. Buy any of the three drinks (I don't think it makes a difference which), and when the person nearby comes over to you, select the first option to trade it for his iced coffee. Whether or not Nanami drinks this iced coffee before going to class changes what happens later, but as far as I can tell both scenes end the same way. Now go up to the second floor and talk to the girl standing at the bathroom door. Go back to the first floor and talk to the girl with the cat, who is inconveniently blocking the bathroom door. Now take the north exit to the east of the bathrooms to get to the building behind the main one. Enter and go west until someone comes out of the unisex bathroom and talks to you. Then go back outside to get to class.

In this non-interactive cutscene, the teacher apparently gets upset because some miscreant stuck gum on his desk/podium thing. If Nanami drank the iced coffee earlier the scene is longer and more detailed, but in either case the teacher, due to being in a bad mood, makes the class stay for a few minutes after the bell rings. As a result, when the now highly desperate Nanami reaches the first floor girls' room there's a long line (note: if she drinks the coffee but you didn't stick the gum to the teacher's desk earlier, she makes it to the bathroom only after leaking in her panties, and afterwards remarks about how uncomfortable she is without them). Here events diverge: if Nanami didn't drink the coffee she leaves the bathroom and runs outside, ending up in the off-limits forest behind the school, where she encounters another girl immediately before relieving herself on a tree, and the two of them are soon caught by a teacher. If she did drink the coffee, she stays in the bathroom and gets in line, then starts losing control and tries to dash out the door, only to bump into another girl and be knocked to the floor where she completely wets herself. In either case, witch girl appears to say "mission accomplished". What happens next seems to have something to do with whether you found the TVs, but eventually you'll end up in a hallway lined with stone lanterns. If you found all the TVs the lantern to your right should light up, so stand above it and click, which lights the left one, then do the same with each row of unlit lanterns. Once they're all lit, go all the way back south to exit the hallway. If you didn't find the TVs (or if you did, but don't bother to light all the lanterns, like I did the first few times) then you have to exit to the north, where witch girl apparently sends you back to the beginning of the time loop and you get a game over.

Exiting south takes you to a long series of text followed by one more choice. Select the second option after the row of TVs to get the true ending (the first option gives you the same scene as not finding the TVs or not lighting the lanterns).

Finally, TV locations:
1 Nanami's room
2 outside building
3 your room
4 main school building, first floor west staircase
5 behind main school building
6 main school building locker room
7 main school building, second floor west staircase
8 main school building roof
9 main school building third floor hallway (x2)
At #9 there are two TVs, and you can only use one. I haven't figured out what difference it makes, if any, which one you choose.

Rainyday

EnragedFilia, are you using AGTH? It has an option to suppress repetition of phrases, which should help with the problem.

An alternate solution I found before learning about /x3 is to use the hook '/HS-8*4@46F7F7 /KF' for AGTH or ITH to get the main text. It doesn't pick up the choices or inventory and repeats everything twice, but I managed to get an understanding of the story with it.

(For AGTH, you paste it in the shortcut like this:
C:\<filepath>\agth.exe /HS-8*4@46F7F7 /KF "C:\<filepath>\game.exe"

It's easier with ITH; just paste the hook code into the top-right box (below the buttons hook, profile, etc) and press enter.)

Also it seems version 2 is out with bugfixes and an extra scene (See: http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/sports/4728/1313956829/ ), but I can't figure out where to get it...
Lisk, where did you download v1.1 from?

EnragedFilia

Thanks, I didn't know what that suppress repetition option did, and the hook address works perfectly too. I usually use AGTH, but I got ITH as well and it just seems to be the same thing with a better interface.

I found Nyo Time 1.1 at
http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/noa0814/fp/new
through the link on
http://www39.atwiki.jp/noa_1224/pages/14.html
which is linked in the first post of the thread you just mentioned. Hopefully 2.0 will be there eventually, although the P2P server Lisk was 'tsun'ing about may have it sooner.