Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

wetting found in games.

Started by andreasaspenberg, January 29, 2008, 03:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Quote from: Kenichi123 on November 07, 2010, 04:07:50 PM
Question- If I took a saved game file from wetters taken translated up to now- and pasted it on the fully translated version that I know will finish because people who translate are just awesome like that-, Would I be able to load my game into the newly translated material?
Yes, saved games are fully compatible.

Teumessian

Quote from: Lisk on November 05, 2010, 11:34:04 AM
Quote from: Teumessian on November 04, 2010, 10:56:39 PM
Quick question about wetters taiken.

I have a bunch of knives, staffs, magic wands, cloaks, thermonuclear weapons, etc in my item box. The question is, how the hell do I use all of this cool new gear? Do I need to get a higher level?
Um... press X and use "equip"? There are no level/stats requirements, you can use anything you get anytime you get it. What exactly are you having problems with?

Ah, sorry bout that. I thought that in order to equip an item, you need to go to the item box. Thanks though.

I have now made the horrible mistake of getting all the way the ghost crypt near building B and saving. I am in a dungeon, there is a 40 minute timer counting down, I have NO IDEA what I am looking for, and nothing is translated.

FML  :death:

Teumessian

Quote from: Faust on November 06, 2010, 08:26:31 PM
@Ella: Jiru? if so, yeah.
just level grind, get mega Flare, set up the magic diapers, and have at it.
Faust took about 4 tries, but he managed to do it. ^^

You just have to level grind a lot, and pray he doesn't paralyze da Healer. ^^

By the way Faust, after beating him to a pulp, did you still let him drink Chiffon's blood?

Kenichi123

Quote from: Teumessian on November 08, 2010, 05:24:40 PM
Quote from: Faust on November 06, 2010, 08:26:31 PM
@Ella: Jiru? if so, yeah.
just level grind, get mega Flare, set up the magic diapers, and have at it.
Faust took about 4 tries, but he managed to do it. ^^

You just have to level grind a lot, and pray he doesn't paralyze da Healer. ^^

By the way Faust, after beating him to a pulp, did you still let him drink Chiffon's blood?

(Knowing i'm not Faust, because I don't want to be, if ya know what I mean :D), After I beat him up, I let him drink the blood, got a coolish wetting scene from it, and I think he helps out later.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't take whatever I said seriously, Unless it has to do with anything I do-er-we-as-sh-... yeah. Just read what I wrote :(

Lisk

Time to report some progress, I guess. Sorry for derailing the original purpose of this thread, but I've never imagined that I would actually do something useful instead of pointing out obscure japanese doujin games, lol. Anyway, things are slowing down, because by the time he created building B, Wettersmaker was full of ideas. And -of course- he implemented all of them in the still unfinished (by that time) part of the game, so it'll take some time before I finish evereything there is and fix some earlier screwups - I've just realized that if you stay in the building C for too long hoping for new bedwetting events, it can (and eventually will) send you to the untranslated land due to the way the locations are organized. Still, it's much better than, say, Unyon's approach. Okay, the progress is:

137 out of 202 maps are translated. This includes first floor events and desperation events, as well as some shop events and a part of the North-South quest.
There is still a way to go before another milestone release, because there's so many secondary quests in building B.
There will be a diary patch sometimes before milestone release.

@Teumessian
Don't rush it, it's still in beta phase =).

Teumessian

Well, I've hit my first bug. (I got out of the untranslated ghost crypt without incident. Good thing the timer resets...)

I had pretty much beaten all the stuff I could find. I had gotten to the administration building, beat the snot out of Smarmy McBitchface, found Edward Cullen in the upper floors of the library and kicked his teeth in, discovered the library was a demonic nexus, captured Osama bin Laden, and ensured the survival of John Connor.

That being said, I believed I was out of quests (though I must say, I did not find a SINGLE mimic, maybe I missed a mission). Regardless, I stopped at the Inn in building C. Upon leaving, I was confronted by Smarmy McBitchface, and was then informed that I had to go to the Administration building. Thinking i finally had a new mission, i used the warp sphere thingy to teleport myself to building A, in order to get me closer to it.

Upon doing so, I was greeted by another character who was right in front of me. She informed me that if I was seeing her, then I had encountered a bug. She then said that some stuff got reset, and to head to the library. Concerned, I did just that.

On my way there, to my surprise, I was greeted once again by none other than Smarmy McBitchface, who once again challenged me to a duel. I was getting somewhat pissed, seeing as how I just might have to replay an entire segment of the game. After absolutely annihilating her (I at least still had my weapons, skills, and my current level  :icon_twisted:), I proceeded to the library. To my shock, the demonic nexus-dungeon in the back of the library was sealed. Even worse, I knew that I would once again have to make my way up the library, read all the books, and slap Edward Cullen around some more to continue. I proceeded inside, prepared to unleash a dicking of epic proportions on anyone who would stand in my way.

After running around and stomping the shit out of what must have been at least 9000 rats, bats, and other vermin, I had read all the books. However, Kanna's spidey senses didn't tingle like they did before, and Edward Cullen wasn't showing his face. Incensed, I made my way to the irregular bookcase anyway. To my relief, Kanna announced she was going in. However, suddenly the screen went black, and stayed black. The eerie music from the dungeon was playing, but I could see nothing. Apparently, I had divided by zero and Kanna was sucked into the black oblivion.

Any ideas as to what I should do, gentlemen? The dungeon under the library is still sealed and the only way in sends me into a black hole.

Also, mfw it happened.

Lisk

Well, I hope you've kept your earlier saves, lol. Let's see into this matter point by point.

There is a variable called "game progress", which increases each time something major happens.
There are some debug maids, left from earlier builds of the game. When you talk to one, she sets the progress variable to a certain value, resetting the quests you might have failed due to the unexpected bug.
However, as the development progressed, Wettersmaker decided to focus on switches more, which, as we can see, can lead to certain problems with resetting the quests that are already completed. Teumessian, if you attach your save file, I might look for a solution to your problem, but I can't think of anything right now. After all, as I have said before, even though Wettersmaker's system is quite neat and simple (I've tried to comprehend the system of ken_omo... if I had to work with somethink like this, I'd rather kill myself), it's still an amateur's work.
Anyway, thanks for the input, maybe I'll make a workaround for this situation - right now I'm quite busy with the translation itself and barely pay attention to coding stuff.

tl;dr: Debug maids are bugged, don't use them if you can help it.

Lisk

Updaet tiem!

The diary patch has ended up being another major update, even though it's not the milestone I've promised you earlier. As of now, 150 out of 202 maps are translated. The thing is, you won't find much to do gameplay-wise. See, these 13 maps are the areas of building B, which contains many elusive things like mini-games or side quests. Besides, there are many talkative NPCs (I still haven't finished one of them, was too tired to grind 10 pages of text, but you can't get to her now anyway), which slows down the overall progress, and most of these things will be accessible only after you clear two major events. So, what will you get with this semi-update?

- Desperation dash events in building B. They have different mechanics there and having an accident in different places can lead to different outcomes.
- Translated Kiki juice common event. You can now use it as much as you want, provided you've got some as a prize in building C's minigame.
- Translated diary. Note that the title-changing events triggered by diary are not fully translated yet, but they will be the next thing I'll do.
- Some more translated bedwetting scenes. I believe I've got every scene you can get now covered.
- The dialogue you get when you enter the crypt BEFORE you see a certain scene during the night at building B. This event is the official stop sign of this release, as the following dungeon is not translated at all.

As you can see, it's important, but minor stuff. Still, finishing a major location like building B and getting much closer to finishing with general events stuff gives me the right to add another point to version number and upload it just in case. Backup copies, backup copies everywhere. And now that I'm finished with the side stuff, I'm going to step on the gas and finally focus on the main plot again! More updates soon.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u436e3

banedon

Woo-hoo! Looking forward to your progress, man. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Faust

Faust would like to ad that you can buy level down mushrooms, and the kiki juice back at the big tower with the little children.
Before the Crypt, of course.

After Jiru, I believe it's first available.
=D

Ella-Ella

Oooh, thanks for the new update! :D So much for sleeping tonight...

One question I'm stumped on: where is the holding contest minigame at and how do I trigger it?

Lisk

Quote from: Ella-Ella on November 25, 2010, 10:01:35 PM
Oooh, thanks for the new update! :D So much for sleeping tonight...

One question I'm stumped on: where is the holding contest minigame at and how do I trigger it?
Building C, second floor, Kanna must be in blue or yellow condition.

Disregard that, I cook socks - I've just checked, it becomes available only after you finish the dungeon I'm currently working on, like much of the side quests that are already translated. Stupid me X_X.

blaaarg

Ambrose

Quote from: blaaarg on November 28, 2010, 01:00:32 PM
A new game from Arabes, ShikkinSCHOOL. http://mywiki.jp/arabes/ShikkinADV/

thanks man :D someone should really make a statue of worship for arabes, damn his games are good!  :001_tt1:

btw, for those who cant find the password for unzipping, its ShikkinSCHOOL

blaaarg

If anyone discovers how to get past level 0, please post it here.  I'm too stupid to figure it out after hours of playing.