New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

wetting found in games.

Started by andreasaspenberg, January 29, 2008, 03:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

ChiiTrans - a new all-in-one game translation tool.

Hello, visual novel fans. I have recently finished developing my project, ChiiTrans (no, -I-, Lisk, have nothing to do with the program's creation, this text was just copy-pasted from Hongfire thread). It captures Japanese text from games with AGTH and translates it using online translators. Please try it out.

Feature list:

Supported online translation services:
o Google Translate
o OCN
o Babylon
o SysTran
o Excite
* Japanese text transliteration support (romaji) via Google Translate.
* Using WWWJDIC to separate and translate individual words.
* Optional Atlas support. Available if installation of Atlas is detected. Versions V13 and V14 are supported.
* Can translate to English, Russian and other languages.
* Automatic text formatting before translation:
o Smart remove of duplicate characters (number of characters is detected automatically, executed only if all characters are duplicating).
o Smart extraction of repeating phrases.
o User-defined replacement words list with regular expressions syntax support.
* AGTH: direct text capturing (clipboard is not used). Can monitor multiple contexts.
* Caching of translation results.
* Option to enable semi-transparent background (transparent mode) and switch to fullscreen mode for comfortable play.

Visit project home page to view screenshots: http://sites.google.com/site/chiitranslator/eng
Direct download link: http://sites.google.com/site/chiitra...attredirects=0
This program requires .NET Framework 3.5, so if you don't have it you have to install it first.

Here, this thing is organized better than Translation Aggregator and has offline EDICT support. Unfortunately, it won't work properly for RealLive engine games like Lovery Leak. As for Wetters Taiken, since 666 has released the final version of this game, I might try to do the translation. I actually wanted to do it, but don't get your hopes too high, my life is quite busy right now.

speenza

It's OK Lisk, no pressure. Thanks a lot for the translator, it is quite good.  I really like the use of a whole bunch of different translators at once.  This way at least one of them is usually at least semi-coherent some of the time.  It's fun though, it adds a new game to the game; trying to piece together what they mean by looking for common factors among the different translations. 

Thanks again

speenza

Huh, well, I only just reread your post and saw that it wasn't actually you who developed the software.  Oh well, thanks for posting it here anyway.  Was it you who was talking about maybe doing a translation, or was that also copy pastaed?

Lisk

It was me, and, luckily, the sky is clearing out for me, so I might actually do it this summer. Hopefully, fate won't shovel dirt in my face =).

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Sorry for going necro on this thread, but anyway....

Technically, this isn't really on-topic, but watch this scene from Trinity Universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNX1XsqhWBg

And I'm sure at least one of us will later on create some fanart and/or fanfiction of it.

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

FallenStar

Quote from: Lisk on June 08, 2010, 11:57:44 AM
It was me, and, luckily, the sky is clearing out for me, so I might actually do it this summer. Hopefully, fate won't shovel dirt in my face =).

Just make sure you don't burn to death over there in Russia. I hear the temperature is like 40+ degrees C (over 100 in F temps).  @_@

Welp... I'm fucked...

Omorashi-lover

QuoteTechnically, this isn't really on-topic, but watch this scene from Trinity Universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNX1XsqhWBg

That was pretty adorable, I love their seiyu's feminine voices. Desperation + fear wetting is really cute too hehe ^_^! She's addicted in making the poor girl peeing? Too bad she's a neko girl. =.=
Nothing arouses me as powerfully and as instantly as the presense of a desperate girl who's at the verge of peeing herself shamefully any second.
My Hatsune Miku artwork ^-^ >>

Omorashi is my LIFE!
Support the omorashi-ness in DA!> http://omorashi-lover.deviantart.com/
http://omorashi-addicts.deviantart.com/

Lisk

Quote from: FallenStar on July 20, 2010, 09:40:59 AM
Just make sure you don't burn to death over there in Russia. I hear the temperature is like 40+ degrees C (over 100 in F temps).  @_@
Thanks for your concern, Star, it's really some ridiculous demo-version of inferno here. Not 40+, more like ~35, but still, my shit-o-meter is already in the rightmost part of the red zone and has no marks after "FFFFFUUUUUUUU-". First one of the harshest winter, then torrential rains, now blazing heat, what next? "All communications are paralyzed by the leaffall of unseen intensity"? Seriously, this planet is going to hell. Or at least 1/6 of its land.

Still, this situation is not without its benefits. Due to the fact that this weather bans any street activity sans going from home to work and back one air-conditioned place to another, I've actually started my translation project. So far, so good: Wettersmaker's system is really neat and small, so I can quickly grind the boring part and start translating actual scenario. The progress so far is:
Terms and menus: 100%
Common events: 0,9% (one of 121 event translated to see how the system reacts to translation)
States: 100%
Troops and battle events: 5%
Enemies: 100%
Items: 0%
Skills: 50 of 183
Classes: 33 of 35
World maps: 13 of 202

Things are proceeding well, concidering that I've done the things listed above in one day.

Lisk

Quote from: Lisk on July 21, 2010, 07:59:26 AM
Not 40+
Oh well, disregard that I cook socks, it IS 40 now. As if that was not enough, the city is covered with smoke from forest and peat fires. Screw this, I'm taking a vacation and moving to my summer residence in a rural village. Staying in the roasting city is suicide.

In other news, this would mean even more free time to work on translation. I finally finished the boring part today, except for class change items. These won't be a problem, but it would be easier to do them after Common events. So, Common events are next. The progress so far is as follows:
Terms and menus: Finished.
Enemies, Items, Skills, States and Classes: Finished.
Common events: 1/121

Stay tuned for next weekly report ^_^.

banedon

Quote from: Lisk on July 28, 2010, 07:46:04 AM
Quote from: Lisk on July 21, 2010, 07:59:26 AM
Not 40+
Oh well, disregard that I cook socks, it IS 40 now. As if that was not enough, the city is covered with smoke from forest and peat fires. Screw this, I'm taking a vacation and moving to my summer residence in a rural village. Staying in the roasting city is suicide.

In other news, this would mean even more free time to work on translation. I finally finished the boring part today, except for class change items. These won't be a problem, but it would be easier to do them after Common events. So, Common events are next. The progress so far is as follows:
Common events: 1/121

Stay tuned for next weekly report ^_^.

I really hope that you can manage to get this ambitious project sewn up. I'd be ridiculously awesome to see that game translated.

Lisk

Time for another weekly report. Yesterday was one hell of a day. As if the searing heat was not enough, smoke from aforementioned fires clouded the city once again, and this time it was much worse. The visibility was cut to about 500 meters - seriously, it felt like I'm in Silent Hill. Luckily, it has cleared this morning, and I hope it won't strike back again. So, what good news do we have?

The progress so far is as follows:
Common events: 83/121

The main common events, like finding a cover to pee or getting scared by mimics, are finished. All that is left is common events associated with class change items. They are very simple, containing only three lines, but translating them is a very repetitive progress, so I think I'll leave them for tomorrow. Probably will switch to battle events this evening. I hope you'll forgive me for some improvisation with class names, as it was physically impossible to fit accurate translations into one small line. Like turning "Student of academy of magic and spellcraft" into "magical schoolgirl" and so on.

banedon

Quote from: Lisk on August 05, 2010, 04:27:56 AM
Time for another weekly report. Yesterday was one hell of a day. As if the searing heat was not enough, smoke from aforementioned fires clouded the city once again, and this time it was much worse. The visibility was cut to about 500 meters - seriously, it felt like I'm in Silent Hill. Luckily, it has cleared this morning, and I hope it won't strike back again. So, what good news do we have?

The progress so far is as follows:
Common events: 83/121

The main common events, like finding a cover to pee or getting scared by mimics, are finished. All that is left is common events associated with class change items. They are very simple, containing only three lines, but translating them is a very repetitive progress, so I think I'll leave them for tomorrow. Probably will switch to battle events this evening. I hope you'll forgive me for some improvisation with class names, as it was physically impossible to fit accurate translations into one small line. Like turning "Student of academy of magic and spellcraft" into "magical schoolgirl" and so on.

Thanks for the update!
I, for one, am tremendously excited about this project. Wish you luck in finishing it soon!

Lisk

Another weekly report here. The nightmare is finally over. Blue sky over the red square. They say that it's only for a while, but even then this is a most welcome break. If even I, a perfectly healthy man, found it hard to breathe and suffered from lung pain, I can only imagine how taxing these days were for elderly people, young children or those with lung diseases. Now, let's go to the brighter side. The translation goes slowly, but steadily. Battle events are mostly finished, but I'll probably edit few lines in Rio event. So, let's say the battle events are 95% ready. After I finish these, I'll move on to the actual world map events translation. In other words, the actual plot of the game. I have listed the total number of maps in my report form, but the maps may greatly differ by their size, the number of events on them and so on. Therefore, you might get the impression that the progress is slowing down after the future reports, but believe me, it's not. I fully intend to finish this project. As for the actual progress, it is as follows:

Common events: Finished.
Troops and battle events: 95%

tenck5k

Keep it up Lisk! I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm cheering for ya!

|\/|
</ ̄ ̄丶
__彡ノメノノレリ〉
\ルリ゚ヮ゚ノリ
><(つiつ
∠_く//」」             Br⑨s Unite!
STILL The STRONGEST Ex-Lurker!

banedon

Glad to hear that you're keeping your lungs intact.

And thanks, by the way, for your steady progress updates. I am really really really looking forward to the completion of your translation project.