New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Anyone here besides me fear death? :/

Started by Mighty Oracle, July 17, 2010, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty Oracle

Am I the only one? I fear it greatly. I'm not sure of the root. It could be because of my previous religious upbringing. I don't know. But I just fear it, and greatly. It's gotten a lot worse recently.

Anyone else?

FallenStar

I fear not death for Death is but the next greatest adventure.

I fear dying, however, as I have a super low threshold of pain.   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

JackO

I fear death being the absolute end, perhaps. I mean, from the perspective of being alive, sooner or later, all traces of you will be erased and no-one will remember you, even the whole celebrity culture club will be forgotten, A-listers, B-listers, just a distant memory, some words in a history book, perhaps. I fear that once I am dead, although I won't know a lot about it, there will be nothing. I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing.

Sounds like a reasonable fear eh? You can see why people turn to religion for answers...but we won't get into that.

Faust

Sorta.
Personally, I wonder what it's like, and the idea doesn't bother me.
It's the afteraffects of death that haunts me.

How i'll be forgotten, how no one will really remember me. How all my ideas will die with me.....
*shudder*
I'll be over hugging my Raiho doll if anyone needs me.

Newp

Everyone dies. No sense fearing the inevitable. Live life to the fullest and you won't have to worry when your day eventually comes.

Lisk

Personally, while I am afraid of dying, I fear not the fact that I will cease to exist. My fear of dying comes from the fact that (whether there is some sort of afterlife or not) I will be unable to be with my loved ones and those who love me in return. Losing your one's life is one thing, making others suffer because of it is a completely different matter. So cherish your life while you have it and make sure to leave something behind while you're still at it. Okay, that sounded like an old man's rambling. Well, there goes my commie upbringing :lol:.

Ashitaka

I wouldn't say I particularly fear death, but I'm very curious about what's on the other side, if there is anything - and sometimes I find myself thinking about death, and wondering what happens to the mind once we pass on. It fries my brain, to be honest.

I don't know if this counts as fearing death, but I do have a phobia of flying, because I'm convinced the plane will fall out of the sky...

lie2hacker2

Quote from: Union JackO on July 17, 2010, 05:59:20 PM
I fear death being the absolute end, perhaps. I mean, from the perspective of being alive, sooner or later, all traces of you will be erased and no-one will remember you, even the whole celebrity culture club will be forgotten, A-listers, B-listers, just a distant memory, some words in a history book, perhaps. I fear that once I am dead, although I won't know a lot about it, there will be nothing. I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing.

Sounds like a reasonable fear eh? You can see why people turn to religion for answers...but we won't get into that.
Sorry Union JackO, but I have to disagree with everything you  have just said. Why? Just because. That and I don't feel like going into detail about it.  :lol:

There was a time in my life (a few years ago I think) in which I had an imense fear of dying. But after a while it got better. I have accepted that death will come for everyone someday.
The only thing I fear about dying is that I will not be able to see what the future is like for humanity. What the world will be like 200, 500, or 800 years from now. If anything, I have a greater fear of the end of humanity than I do for myself.

lie2hacker2

Good news! We no longer have to fear death! Turns out there really is an afterlife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWnXOqE8t0&feature=related

JackO

Quote from: lie2hacker2 on July 19, 2010, 08:51:28 PM

Sorry Union JackO, but I have to disagree with everything you  have just said. Why? Just because. That and I don't feel like going into detail about it.  :lol:

There was a time in my life (a few years ago I think) in which I had an imense fear of dying. But after a while it got better. I have accepted that death will come for everyone someday.
The only thing I fear about dying is that I will not be able to see what the future is like for humanity. What the world will be like 200, 500, or 800 years from now. If anything, I have a greater fear of the end of humanity than I do for myself.

Am I right in saying that you've basically just said

"I have disagree with everything you've just said, just because I do, but I don't feel like explaining why I disagree. However I fear the end of humanity which you obviously didn't imply in your post..."

If so, I might say a) This is a very subjective topic, people are going to have different views...b) This reply will lack any countering to your points, as you didn't challenge any of mine, as such, and c) see below;

"I fear that once I am dead, although I won't know a lot about it, there will be nothing. I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing."

I thought that implied fear of the end of humanity, after I was dead...I didn't mean ' I'm afraid that when I die nothing will happen'...I mean I've come to accept its not likely there will be anything, but that's not what I said I feared in my post. Hopefully, that will clarify my views, which you can feel free to agree or disagree with "just because" .

Neil

I don't fear death, because all of us are gonna die anyway. But what I do fear, is that of losing someone important to me.

Fearing death and fear of losing someone are two different things to me. I know that we will all die eventually, but to lose someone in an unexpected manner, like in an accident or a murder, is something that I find hard to accept.
The world of Musubi is the ideal world for me. I get to do what I want, and that includes making girls desperate whenever I want.

lie2hacker2

Quote from: Union JackO on July 20, 2010, 02:05:22 AM
Quote from: lie2hacker2 on July 19, 2010, 08:51:28 PM

Am I right in saying that you've basically just said

"I have disagree with everything you've just said, just because I do, but I don't feel like explaining why I disagree. However I fear the end of humanity which you obviously didn't imply in your post..."

If so, I might say a) This is a very subjective topic, people are going to have different views...b) This reply will lack any countering to your points, as you didn't challenge any of mine, as such, and c) see below;

"I fear that once I am dead, although I won't know a lot about it, there will be nothing. I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing."

I thought that implied fear of the end of humanity, after I was dead...I didn't mean ' I'm afraid that when I die nothing will happen'...I mean I've come to accept its not likely there will be anything, but that's not what I said I feared in my post. Hopefully, that will clarify my views, which you can feel free to agree or disagree with "just because" .
When I made that post I was in a bit of a lazy mood. That's why I didn't want to go into detail on the points.
I mostly disagree with this line here:
"I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing."
If it comes to nothing, then what is the point of living?
Is it better to burn out than to fade away?

JackO

Quote from: lie2hacker2 on July 22, 2010, 01:04:54 PM
When I made that post I was in a bit of a lazy mood. That's why I didn't want to go into detail on the points.
I mostly disagree with this line here:
"I think, for the effort we put into our lives, to try and be noticed and appreciated, in the end it comes to nothing."
If it comes to nothing, then what is the point of living?
Is it better to burn out than to fade away?

To me, it doesn't sound like you disagree...it sounds like you're posing a question based on my assumption, and really I was saying that my fear is that all our effort comes to nothing, thus giving no point to living, if our ideas die with us.

And whilst your second, Kurt Cobain quoting question is irrelevant, for the most part to this, I believe yes, in most terms that it is indeed better to burn out than fade away.