New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Weird fetish?

Started by Bob Right, July 20, 2009, 09:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qztv

a fetish is only weird if you think it is weird so most people who don't have desperation/wetting fetish could see it as weird, it really all just depends on what you think and ignore those people who call it weird

Lord_Nerick

what am I going to do when the world comes to an end? I'm going to put sugar on my cantaloupe!

AliasnameTO

Quote from: yat282 on July 28, 2009, 05:43:21 PM
sorry to say, but the average person doesn't recognize the pee fetish. I'm sure it sounds strange once they hear about it, but a more famous fetish (poop) is more famous, as it is mention in the southpark movie, plus 2 girls 1 cup gave it some fame there. people think it's gross but at least they know about it.

Regarding the scat fetish: I think it's odd that although people recognize it, I imagine they'd be less grossed out by its golden-hued counterpart. :D

the_variant

I'm not really surprised nor bothered about this, to be honest.

Let's remember that there are huge swathes of the population who think that ANYTHING even slightly out of what is considered "normal" or "correct" is inherently bad or evil, and should be shunned immediately.  I'm not just talking about religious groups, some of whom have their own reasons for disliking certain fetishes, but mostly about the blinkered, TV-addicted, closed-minded, beer-swilling demographic that we like to term as "The General Public" - i.e. anyone that isn't "one of us."

I've always thought of watersports as a "weird fetish" - I don't get it, I'm not into it, I don't want to try it.  But IMO it's fine for those who want to do it in their own time.  I'm into desperation - that's a totally different thing, although loads of people don't get that.

Personally, I don't talk much about my desperation fetish outside of the "scene" - people don't understand it and think I'm wierd - more wierd than they think I am because I'm also torture, spanking, domination and orgasm denial.  Desperation is really just an extension of my torture fetish - I like to see girls in pain or discomfort, whether that's from a whip, a denied orgasm, or an over-full bladder.

I've never told a girlfriend about my desperation fetish, although to be fair, it's been a very long time since I've had a girlfriend for long enough to tell her about that sort of thing :p

My point is - some people will never understand our fetish, just as we will never understand some others.  All we can do is agree to get along and, if it comes to it, fight our corner when the puritans try to ban our fetish.

Kamikaze747

Im sure people who dont like it would view it as weird. But people who like it wouldnt. Its all a matter of opinion i guess.

DesperateV

Quote from: the_variant on July 29, 2009, 06:30:54 AM
I've always thought of watersports as a "weird fetish" - I don't get it, I'm not into it, I don't want to try it.  But IMO it's fine for those who want to do it in their own time.  I'm into desperation - that's a totally different thing, although loads of people don't get that.

Personally, I don't talk much about my desperation fetish outside of the "scene" - people don't understand it and think I'm wierd - more wierd than they think I am because I'm also torture, spanking, domination and orgasm denial.  Desperation is really just an extension of my torture fetish - I like to see girls in pain or discomfort, whether that's from a whip, a denied orgasm, or an over-full bladder.
I think my fetish may be along the same lines. The actual wetting is not very interesting to me, aside from maybe the humiliation aspect, and I get nothing from the whole "golden showers" aspect. I think that my tastes are more about sadism, but I haven't ventured very far away from the "sadism by over-full bladder" area yet.

Newp

I remember a quote I heard a long time ago, goes something like "The only weird thing with turn-ons is not having anything that turns you on"

thedude

I would call it a little weird.  But I don't think it should be in the top 3.  The Mucus fetish is far weirder in my eyes.

AliasnameTO

Quote from: yat282 on August 01, 2009, 09:43:19 PM
if people did understand our fetish and accept it as not weird though, it would not be a fetish.

Nearly the entire straight male population has a breast fetish. Breasts are accepted and flaunted openly as sexy even though they have nothing to do with intercourse. Since they're not directly related to sex, being turned on by breasts alone is technically a fetish no matter how widespread it is.

The same would be true for FD-- still a fetish even if the whole world embraces pee.

euronaut

:drool:  With as much popularity as FD has on this forum, I wouldn't really consider it that "weird."  Different, yes, but
weird is simply not an adjective that really applies.  Believe that gore and scat fetishes certainly fall into the truly weird
category, but FD is simply delightfully different and a lot of fun to share with like-minded folk. :lol:

Faust

I know what you mean Euronaut. It's great to have somewhere where I can talk to people with a similar fetish, but also point out my own.
FD is very different indeed, and I'm glad I was able to find others that were into it.
I was afraid I was the only one. :S
It's not 'weird' it's different. lol. *I think Gore fetishes are weird, but just cuz I don't have one, more than likely*
Of course, I'm not going to go parade around town that I have a wetting fetish.
*partly cuz I still keep that a secret, and partly cuz I don't want to walk around that much*
^^;

Xakon

I think some people just say that something is weird to prevent that the others could think that these people have something to do with it. And some the people just say that it is weird because they don't know it. When you tell a person that you are into peeing I think the first reaction would be that he/she says that you and your fetish are weird. But when you talk about it the other person would think about it and maybe his/her fetish is weird for you^^.

Often it is a thing of your education. When your parents say that peeing in your pants is weird or dirty you keep it in mind and later you recognize it. Weird is just a thing of his/her own position. You can't say that something is/isn't weird when your opponent does.

TheMark

If you think about it any fetish is strange. to be turned on by the human body is normal, no matter what. And since a bladder fetish is a fetish it shouldn't be called strange.

WeAreTheFinale

While there are much odder fetishes out there, I can see why this one would be labeled as one of the stranger ones. Doesn't surprise me.

Also, Manswers can fuck off.

JackO

In answer to the original question (which has been answered many times in this thread already, but oh well),

By Manswers definition of weird, FD is weird, they don;t have a pee fetish, and its one of the weird fetishes the ARE allowed to talk about without having the FCC giving them a good talking to.

By Internet definitions, FD is one of the most sane fetishes out there, as there's tons more that are just odd.

All the same its nice to have a community of people who enjoy the same thing.