News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Wal Mart to sell out to a Japanese company.

Started by Mighty Oracle, November 27, 2010, 01:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty Oracle

According to one of my uncles, anyway. He claims that they will come to be known as "Sparkle" in about a year as they sell out to this foreign company. My uncle has worked for Wal Mart for well over a decade, so his claim certainly holds some merit. Dad has also worked there since before I was born (or maybe right after), which was in 1991, and he also claims that he wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.

Personally, I'm rather skeptical. I would think that Wal Mart makes enough money as a corporation that they would be able to avoid something like this.

FallenStar

Seems to me that if Wal-Mart did this, they would be able to avoid any sort of U.S. Anti-trust case that helped separate Microsoft and AT&T back in the day. So it further has merit, although I highly doubt a new store would be called "Sparkle" here in the U.S.  <_<;

Welp... I'm fucked...

verywetpants

My guess is that they would keep the same name, and most of the public would never even realize what happened. The only thing to change would be the recipients of the profits. Still, it is hard to believe that anyone has the money to buy out Walmart.

Taiki

Let's hope the buyers care more about people and the environment than Wal-Mart did. Though they probably wont.

oramisho

Quote from: Mighty Oracle on November 27, 2010, 01:33:43 AM
According to one of my uncles, anyway. He claims that they will come to be known as "Sparkle" in about a year as they sell out to this foreign company. My uncle has worked for Wal Mart for well over a decade, so his claim certainly holds some merit. Dad has also worked there since before I was born (or maybe right after), which was in 1991, and he also claims that he wouldn't be surprised if this ends up happening.

Personally, I'm rather skeptical. I would think that Wal Mart makes enough money as a corporation that they would be able to avoid something like this.

Dude my uncle works for Nintendo and he says that they are the ones who are gonna buy out wall mart and they are going to make a video game where link and the smiley face from the Walmart ads team up.

It's totally true.

FallenStar

Quote from: oramisho on December 08, 2010, 05:32:10 PM

Dude my uncle works for Nintendo and he says that they are the ones who are gonna buy out wall mart and they are going to make a video game where link and the smiley face from the Walmart ads team up.

It's totally true.

Come of think of it, that smiley dude *would* make a better shield than the pathetic wooden Deku shield of Ocarina of Time   :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Mighty Oracle

Quote from: oramisho on December 08, 2010, 05:32:10 PM
Quote from: Mighty Oracle on November 27, 2010, 01:33:43 AM

It's totally true.

Hey now. I mentioned that I was skeptical of my uncle's claim. ;)

JackO

Not that it adds much to the discussion, but Wal-mart own Asda, one of the biggest supermarkets here in the UK... so I'd imagine that's worth a bit too... if anyone was going to try and buy them out. I prefer Tesco anyway... to be honest... do you guys have that?

Mighty Oracle

Starman

Tesco is a grocery store that Lilly Allen sings about...

So Tesco >> Asda for me.