New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

W.I.T.C.H.

Started by MinaMurray, April 16, 2008, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinaMurray

How do you all feel about this series?  When I first found out about it, I figured it was just what it looked like: a generic Magical Girl series.

However, I gave it a chance, and took quite a liking to it.  The characters are likable, and the stories are entertaining.

In all honesty, it's now my favorite magical girl series.  It's reassuring (to me, at least) that western animation can stand up to anime in perhaps its most iconic genre.

I hope I'm not the only one to post in this thread. :blushing:

Igotseven

its still around (well at least in my area) I collect the issues and i don really care if they are childish or not.
what has logarithms got to do with our lives

MinaMurray

Cheers on that one!  Really, I find the series delightful.  Especially a bit of delicious Will.

knuclear200x

ive read the comics and there have seem to be some personality changes....i think......well neither interested me enough to continue sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SUPER ROBOT MONKEY TEAM HYPERFORCE GO! WAS WAY BETTER AH FLAMES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MinaMurray

Quote from: knuclear200x on April 20, 2008, 08:28:29 PM
ive read the comics and there have seem to be some personality changes....i think......well neither interested me enough to continue sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SUPER ROBOT MONKEY TEAM HYPERFORCE GO! WAS WAY BETTER AH FLAMES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

W-what...?  Is this English?

knuclear200x

Quote from: MinaMurray on April 20, 2008, 11:39:25 PM
Quote from: knuclear200x on April 20, 2008, 08:28:29 PM

W-what...?  Is this English?

ive read the comic, then seeing the show ive noticed that the girls and other characters acted quite differently and there was less drama. but i never continued reading or watching cuz there were better things to read and watch.

MinaMurray

Understandable.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Good for you, though!  I'm glad you go into things with an open mind.

jeffhazelwood

I found the show pretty fun it had some good stories

Igotseven

...waiting for issue 53...teehee
what has logarithms got to do with our lives

MinaMurray

Wow.  You said so much but all that you really wanted to say was, "Cartoons suck, anime is better ^.^" and diss America for being "preppy".  Ah, I remember being in high school once myself.

Then I grew up, watched Avatar and JLU, read lots of comics by Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman, and realized that Japan's not the only one who can create quality material.

Oh, and for what it's worth, WITCH is European in origin.

tester

Quote from: MinaMurray on April 16, 2008, 09:08:01 PM
How do you all feel about this series?  When I first found out about it, I figured it was just what it looked like: a generic Magical Girl series.

However, I gave it a chance, and took quite a liking to it.  The characters are likable, and the stories are entertaining.

In all honesty, it's now my favorite magical girl series.  It's reassuring (to me, at least) that western animation can stand up to anime in perhaps its most iconic genre.

I hope I'm not the only one to post in this thread. :blushing:

It needs a different name, thats all. 

MinaMurray

Quote from: tester on April 30, 2008, 09:26:15 PM

It needs a different name, thats all. 

By that do you mean WITCH or this thread?

knuclear200x

Taiki

I was wrong about this show when I posted about it a year ago. I hadn't even watched it at the time to be honest. I was just being a bit biased, under the impression that a TV show targeted at girls would suck, but now that I've been introduced to W.I.T.C.H., it turns out I really like it.

animewetting

I think Avatar does a better job with the 5 elements thing.