New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Videos - For Star

Started by Scoozums, March 16, 2009, 07:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoozums

I know there's a topic here already but I think my idea is separate from the actual video section...

I was thinking, if there's a way to provide linked downloads instead of attaching them to this site?

If so then we can provide access to a couple free hosts that can be used.  There's one I have an account on that allows unlimited downloads as long as the files hosted are under 100MB. and the files become permanent as long as they've been downloaded at least once within 60 days.  I'll have to boot up my other computer sometime though and fin the link to the site >_<

I'd also have to figure out how to split the episodes into 2 parts to keep them under 100MB but I can just use Movie maker for the Avi files.

On second thought star would you mind making me a Video upload forum section that I can mod and restrict it to viewers with 20+ posts?  That might work better than what I was trying to suggest  :lol:

TiaMaria

If you've got WinRAR, it has a function that lets you split a compressed file into smaller chunks. It's good for filesharing sites with restrictions, such as the one you have an account with. If you don't have WinRAR, link is http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm , It will claim it's a trial version but it won't stop working when the trial period ends, it just has a small message pop up. Ignore it.

The guide to splitting the files is http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-82488-how-to-split-rar-file-in-two-part.html

I hope this is helpful to you.

Scoozums

Thanks! that will definitely help me out a lot! :clap:

Now if only star could come and see this...  :crying:

TiaMaria

For that problem, I'd suggest either a PM or a Post in the Hey You section with his name on it.

Scoozums

Question...

I tested the separation into different Rar files. And it looks like it opens and combines them when you unzip one file automatically?

Also how do I add a password to zipped/archived files?  If we do get a section like this I want the files to be Animegirldesp exclusive XD

TiaMaria

Yes, the progam combines them back into one file when you open it.

As for the second issue, Tools > Wizard, then follow the instructions.