New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Music

Started by reirei, May 01, 2008, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinaMurray

You know, I don't think I realized just why IX is my favorite.  It's clear now, though.

#1 doesn't apply at ALL, what with Zidane being so awesome.
and #3 doesn't apply, because the characters are all fun, and useful for different reasons.
It's just a balanced game.

Thanks for that, Star! :001_icon16:

ltmt

Music! Well, here's something that EVERYONE claims to be "super super passionate like omg" about. There's no negotiating with people about their musical tastes, and no use telling someone their favorite band sucks, because everyone is different in that regard. I find it very interesting, actually, how diversely humans enjoy different genres of music. What makes someone like country when I find it so bloody annoying? What's so intriguing about the rap culture to certain groups of people while others find it so distasteful, or offensive? Is it like everything else where genetics and environment both interact to create some hybrid of musical taste, or is there something more in the works? I'd love to see studies on infants, playing them different kinds of music and seeing how they react.

Anyways, blah blah blah. My favorite band is Radiohead. Their music is so melancholic and I can just drool down into the rhythms, lyrics, and riffs completely. Their music alters my mood and enhances my feelings and conceptions about life. I feel a deep spiritual and intellectual bond with the group even though I've never met them or seen them apart from on TV or on a computer screen. Another band I quite like is Sigur Ros. They're an Icelandic band with a very unique style - I'd recommend them to people with any kind of musical taste. :punk:... yeah, rock on, mofucka!!!

FallenStar

Quote from: MinaMurray on May 07, 2008, 12:30:51 PM
You know, I don't think I realized just why IX is my favorite.  It's clear now, though.

#1 doesn't apply at ALL, what with Zidane being so awesome.
and #3 doesn't apply, because the characters are all fun, and useful for different reasons.
It's just a balanced game.

Thanks for that, Star! :001_icon16:

#2 doesn't apply to FFIX either, considering you *can't* control when you Trance (such as you Trance *right* before you finish the enemy off and can't save it after the battle is over.  =P

MinaMurray

Hey, I forgot about that part!  Thanks!

I swear, FFIX would be perfect if it weren't for those battle fade-ins.

FallenStar

You mean the ones that take like 2 or 3 seconds before *each* battle?  :lol:

There's no doubt about it that the game is slower paced in battles and that's annoying, but hey... at least you get to hear the battle theme as it goes along.   :lol:

MinaMurray

Oh, I know.  I just wish they had battle transitions as awesome as Pokemon Blue.

MinaMurray

Why not steal some music using Limewire or that program Star suggested, fififive?

Then you'll have music, and everything will be copasetic.

MinaMurray

I admire that kind of mentality.

Really, it probably reflects poorly on me that I'm enough of a bottom feeder to take whatever tracks I can get.

Ameboes

Most iTunes files have DRM and are relatively low quality (acceptable for a portable, but not with proper sound equipment and relatively good ears). It's mostly the DRM that irks me.

Personally, I prefer just converting CD audio to MP3 256~320 kbps, usually VBR. For the, er, other method, I prefer BitTorrent. Easy to find complete albums or discographies, they're usually acceptable quality and relatively homogeneous at least within an album since it's usually all from one source, and you can easily just grab a few files if they weren't put into an archive before being put up for torrenting.

FallenStar

Quote from: MinaMurray on May 11, 2008, 02:10:57 PM
I admire that kind of mentality.

Really, it probably reflects poorly on me that I'm enough of a bottom feeder to take whatever tracks I can get.

Bottom Feeder? Nah... you're a top tier person.   :gunsmilie:

I used to get my stuff off esnips, but I haven't felt the need to get anything for a while, lol.

MinaMurray

Better yet, Reggie and the Full Effect - Dwarf Invasion.

dragonfox2004

i like mostly anything but i like rock the most

artist

evanescence
linkinpark
crossfade
seether
nickelback
(all for now)

Merchant_Of_Death

Cruxshadows is really good. One of my favorite songs by them is winter born
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

Igotseven

I'm getting addicted to Electric Dreams (old song)
what has logarithms got to do with our lives

Ranpalan

I listen to Aria, mostly... Sometimes Blackmore's Night.
Always happy to get PMs/IMs