Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Quote from: Franklin on May 14, 2013, 07:23:18 PM
So, Lisk - are you just gonna go with 'World Map of Angels'? Or jazz up the title and call it something like 'Angelic Atlas'?
We'll see. Coming up with a name is usually the last thing I do. I want to keep the world map joke (after all, wet sheet of a certain angel plays a major role in this game), but it's not set in stone.
Quote from: Franklin on May 14, 2013, 07:23:18 PM
I myself think 「ポケットワルキューレ」 is a pretty solid game, as well. But I'm sure you've played though and finished all of them.
I actually like it better since the system is more developed, but it's also two times bigger than this game, so I'll save it for later. I don't want to abandon one project for the sake of another, and July is not that far away.

Franklin

Does Ayumi eventually get more skills? The other two get a new skill every 3 or so levels, but Ayumi only has the one you get right at the beginning.

Lisk

She does. but not through leveling. Various people will teach her new skills over the course of the game. Which is more than 50% translated and is now actually (kind of) playable! You shouldn't see any untranslated text until you reach port Luna. Which won't take a lot of time, but then again, this game is much shorter than other 118's games itself.

Meanwhile!

Yaaay, yaaay, menus are events! Yaaay, yaaay, character/enemy/item names are sitting with the rest of variables! Yaaay, yaaay, 270 common events that intervine with each other! Wolf RPG editor is a mess. But at least it can be worked with, and if working with the engine is physically possible, I'll eventually figure it out. Here is the proof of my minor success. Now where's TinFoil with his LiveMaker tools? Yah-Yah-Doh is waiting!

Franklin

darththorin

I am just wondering if this game is solely bedwetting. It references accidents and has times when it even reminds characters to go to the bathroom before they head out to adventure. Does this game have a desperation mechanic. Totally cool if it does not, just curious.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Lisk

This game is mostly about bedwetting. You can give them drinks to make their toilet lines more desperate, but there's no field desperation system. There's also fear wetting, but it gives no penalties. Bedwetting events, on the other hand, are as detailed as in other works and offer some cute interaction of recurring characters.

Meanwhile, taming a wolf is not an easy job. Look at this exhibit. This is how you edit and customize your menus. While I agree that it offers more flexibility out of the box, using scripts for this kind of thing is much less painful! Or maybe modern editors that can do most of the stuff for yourself are making me dumber. Anyway, the secret project is proceeding steadily as well. But soon I will require some help with it. We will have to do THAT again.

Lisk

Yes, the VN offers a very interesting concept. The more a magical girl needs to pee, the stronger her magic becomes. Too bad they didn't even announce release date yet. I hope it won't take too long.

Meanwhile! Did I say that Wolf editor is a mess? I take that back. It deserves much stronger words of disapproval. Just look at this shcreenshot! Yes, when you change the name of a variable in the database, it doesn't get magically changed everywhere across the script. You have to do that manually. In every. Single. Place. Where it's used. Yes, unlike RPG Maker, Wolf allows me to Ctrl+F through event's script, but seriously, WHY.

Lisk

And now, after translating over 70% of game's text, I'm proud to announce that first officially playable build of Angel's World Map is officially there! This version is playable up to the point where you return to Lorant and obtain fourth party member, which unlocks many bedwetting events in the towns you've visited before. Hooray for more character interactions!

Newp

Heh, decided to playthrough Wetters Taiken again for shits and giggles, and realized just how much stuff that I missed to due how I played and RNG. Like, I missed out on the 4 beach bedwetting scenes that you can get only in Building B (mostly because I never bothered with the goggles), as well as the 2 betwetting scenes that you can only get in Building C (Only 16% chance at seeing 1 of the 2, and I pretty much never used that Inn). Or by going through the game files, noticing that when going for the last tarot card (The bedwetting guy on the roof), you had a 25% chance of the correct "map" showing up sleeping in Building A, vs 4% if you slept at an Inn. I also, somehow never saw a second scene of Firie wetting in Building A. I somehow never got the timing right and always saw the scene where when was scared from behind, but never the one where she just contemplates what she is going to do and has the nurse come out after she pees.

Franklin

I went through a second time after getting all of the tarot cards (which is essentially a new game +), and I still can't figure out how to activate the washing event in building B. I also seem to have missed a few Firie related events. And the "guy" on the roof is actually a girl. All the students are girls.

Newp

Well yeah, obv everyone is a girl, but she's to closest looking one to a guy and when you say bedwetter girl in a place, it can very easily mean multiple people :p

As for washing events, there aren't any ones for a specific building, with the exception of the Bedwetting Expert for Chiffon in Building A. All the other BW washing events are just related to the number of betwettings, checking the diary and then sleeping in one of the Inns.

Franklin

Sorry, I meant the waitress event. The one that gets you the "Fast Runner" title.

Newp

Oh, that one is pretty simple. The object is that you have to sleep at the Inn in building B, but not have enough money to cover the extra charge for wetting the bed. Then to get the title, you just have to complete the waitress event with 35 seconds or more remaining (which can be kind of difficult).

Franklin

Fuck, it was so simple. Thanks, Newp. That minigame was ridiculously hard, but I eventually got the title. Do you know how to get Firie's "Book Collector" title?