New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Out of curiosity

Started by roy7, April 14, 2008, 05:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy7

Is it just me or does anyone else have to log in twice before it works?

roy7

Yeah, the first thing I ever did with my laptop was download firefox. Although the stay logged in thing doesn't seem to work for me either.

FallenStar

I'll pass on the news to Duce, have him take a look at it.  =)

MinaMurray

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 30, 2008, 01:12:42 PM
I have and always will use Internet Explorer, and it works fine for me. I just log in on the main page, and use the stay logged in box, and log out of every session I have, then clear my Temp Internet Files and Cookies :P

Works for me!

I recommend that you switch to Firefox.  I was hesitant at first, but there's just so much more you can do with it.

Incidentally, on the main topic, I've found that I have to log in twice.  This is an issue for me, as I access this site from public internet sometimes.

Ameboes

QuoteI recommend that you switch to Firefox.  I was hesitant at first, but there's just so much more you can do with it.
To me it's not only the power you have over it (about:config; yes I do like customizing settings extensively) and the add-ons, but also the added security that comes with using a responsive community of developers and an open-source model.

Although I don't think it's appropriate to recommend a browser switch as the first step to someone having technical problems relating to either a website or their local configuration (probably the latter in this case). =\

If anyone else has this problem (or yours is still persisting, Roy), I'd suggest clearing cookies and cache and trying again. If not, check your cookies settings. There's also a chance e.g. you visit this site by going to http://animegirldesp.com, but the cookie is for www.animegirldesp.com (instead of setting it for .animegirldesp.com); that way, the cookie won't be sent so you won't be "logged in". Maybe somehow with a play on redirections from one to the other, you end up getting a cookie that works for the domain or the site redirects you to the domain you logged onto or something.

If you usually access the site WITH the www. prefix, try it without, and vice-versa.