New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Best and Worst - TV Shows

Started by JackO, October 23, 2009, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackO

Ok, so this topic is simple, post a tv show you love and a tv show you hate and say why. Obviously, with me being British, you may not have heard of my shows and I may not have heard of yours, but we'll see.

Best: Futurama - I love the writing, and I can watch an episode even if I've seen it 4 times before, so its obviously doing something right.

Worst: Deal Or No Deal: Whoever though doing the same thing everyday for a show, would be entertaining, was wrong. There's only so much repetition I can endure, I mean this show has been going on for like 2 years now.  *rant

Anyway, I want to know which shows you guys love or hate, and maybe try not to post animes, unless they're all you watch.

ppfan

Best, for me, has to be NCIS. I've been watching it since right after Ziva first showed up. I can't believe how popular it's gotten the past couple of years.

Worst is Grey's Anatomy. Way too soap-y for my tastes.

FallenStar

Best: House  - before I moved, I watched House religiously and I'll never forget how season (4, was it?) ended wherein Wilson's girlfriend was the subject and House had tried to save her, but she still ended up dead.

Worst:  Survivor or any "Reality TV" show.  Seriously, WTF. If I wanted reality, I'd go outside and play or something. I watch TV to get *away* from reality. :wacko:

Also:

Quote from: JackOWhoever though doing the same thing everyday for a show, would be entertaining, was wrong. There's only so much repetition I can endure, I mean this show has been going on for like 2 years now.

Wheel of Fortune (as well as many other game shoes) have followed this format successfully for many years, so clearly, it wasn't the Deal or No Deal folks who came up with this, nor does it appear to have been a bad idea. =P
Welp... I'm fucked...

Is that Carmine

Futurama is amazing. So is South Park. I hate any reality TV show. They just piss me off.

JackO

Quote from: FallenStar on October 23, 2009, 07:39:34 PM
Quote from: JackOWhoever though doing the same thing everyday for a show, would be entertaining, was wrong. There's only so much repetition I can endure, I mean this show has been going on for like 2 years now.

Wheel of Fortune (as well as many other game shoes) have followed this format successfully for many years, so clearly, it wasn't the Deal or No Deal folks who came up with this, nor does it appear to have been a bad idea. =P

I guess I could have phrased that better, at least in Wheel of Fortune they're answering different questions, or doing something more interesting than opening boxes. Its like a boring Christmas with Deal Or No Deal.

akemi

best: Fringe, simply amazing I love supernatural phenomena

worst:... that's hard Xd there are  alot of shitty pregramms but reality are the worst of all along with gossip ones must be banned  :gunsmilie:

Pustuilo

Best: House. It's amazing

Worst: List any of those new live-action crap shows on Disney, yeah...

FallenStar

Quote from: JackO on October 24, 2009, 01:25:23 AM
I guess I could have phrased that better, at least in Wheel of Fortune they're answering different questions, or doing something more interesting than opening boxes. Its like a boring Christmas with Deal Or No Deal.

I think you mean Jeopardy  :P.  In Wheel of Fortune, all they do for 90% of the game is spin a big wheel and hope it lands on money instead of Bankrupt or Lose a Turn. 

Quote from: Pustuilo on October 24, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
Worst: List any of those new live-action crap shows on Disney, yeah...

Ooh, yeah... Lemme also add that Live Action shows on Cartoon Network DOES NOT COMPUTE. I mean, wtf?!  Live action on Disney... meh, it's been done for years... but on Cartoon Network?!  >_<
Welp... I'm fucked...

wunderwutzl

Best: CSI and CSI New York
Worst: Hannah Montana- I call that Child Prostitution!

Iku Nagae

Best: Mythbusters

Worst: reality TV shows

ltmt

Best TV show: The Wire (Seriously, watch the fuckin' thing)

Worst: I don't watch shows that suck.

The_Enigma

Best: Heroes.  Amazing special effects, an extremely compelling and overarching plot, and it's downright cool to boot.

Worst: Superjail.  Honestly, that show is retarded in all of its possible facets. (Either that or anything that's not a cartoon on Cartoon Network.  What happened to the good old days of watching cartoons on Saturday morning?)

FallenStar

Quote from: The EngimaWhat happened to the good old days of watching cartoons on Saturday morning?

Sadly, it went out with bellbottoms and pink polka-dotted underwear.   :S
Welp... I'm fucked...

anastyanax

Hmm...my best would definetly be the Vegas CSI. Overal a well-put together show. I've only seen a couple of the episodes with Fishburne, though...

As for my worst...wow, there are tons. I really hate anything to do with celebrities, so I'll go with TMZ

DubiousCharms

Another House fan up in here! Fuck yeah. My other favorites are The Soup, Law and Order: SVU and the classic Rocko's Modern Life.

Worst: Probably America's Next Top Model. Here's a protip, Tyra: NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO RETURN TO STUFF ABOUT YOU.