New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Metalheads Unite!

Started by Bob Right, March 17, 2009, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Right

This thread is intended for the discussion of anything that is metal.
First, I shall be linient about borderline metal genres (such as metalcore), but please do not claim that bands like Linkin Park are metal.
My favorite bands:
Suspyre
Symphony X
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Blind Guardian
Serenity
Megadeth
Iced Earth
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Epica
Falconer
Rhapsody (Of Fire)

Also, for those looking for lyrics and ratings, go to metal-archives.com
That's all I can think of for now.  Enjoy the discussion!

Tru

Well, I'm not sure I've earned the right to call myself a Metalhead (I've known a lot of people who deserve that title long before I would), but I have a healthy appreciation for a few metal bands. Here they are, in no particular order.

Epica, which is on your list already, is pretty cool. I came to know them from their Divine Conspiracy album, where they reminded me of Evanescence--if Evanescence decided to cut the pop crap out and rock out.
Root is a black metal band I enjoy. They've got their share of Cookie Monster vocals in there (which I genuinely don't care for), but they write kick-ass songs in spite of it.
Black Sabbath I have to give credit to. Call me weird, but my two favorite albums of theirs are Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath and Heaven and Hell. They're both bloody awesome.
Beautiful Sin is a recent discovery of mine, but I immediately fell in love with Magali Luyten's insanely awesome vocals. She is my Metal Goddess. :wub: I wholeheartedly recommend checking them out.
Jucifer's kind of a weird one. They're metal, but also not. Their songs go kind of all over the place. I'm fond of their album If Thine Enemy Hunger.
Judas Priest, to get old school again. I love Screaming for Vengeance. :punk: (I don't care if this emote is called "punk," the horns will always be metal).

Mind sharing your thoughts on the bands you listed, Bob?
And here's a question for anyone else who might respond to this thread: Does anyone here like Cookie Monster vocals?
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

nagato

My favorite bands.

Metallica
Anthrax
Slayer
Megadeth
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Lordi
Kiss
Alice Cooper

No I don't really listen to cookie monster vocals except for shits and giggles, m cousin used ot be in a band like that. The funniest one has to be Gallhammer, it is an all-girl Japanese death metal band.
"The fastest way to flush a rat out of its nest is with a little bit of carpet bombing." - Char "The Red Comet" Aznable

Zeicron

A few of my favorites:

Disturbed
Soilwork
Rammstein
Sevendust
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
(Is Seether considered metal? o_O)

yiffer121

deathklok
metallica
judas priest
halford
thats the best line up EVER1
YIFF YOU A**hole

Repentant_Soldier

Disturbed
Rammstein
System Of a Down
As I Lay Dying
and Nightwish (Symphonic metal, but nonetheless)

:clap: good list  :clap:

alltremains987

I'm not really into metal metal.  I'm more into metal core.  So my favorite bands are:
1) All That Remains
2) Killswitch Engage
3) Sonic Symphony
4) Soilwork

Creeper

I'm mainly into power/sympho/progressive metal. I just love Gamma Ray, Helloween, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Dream Theater, Adagio, Angra, Shaaman, Therion, Tiamat, Royal Hunt and so on...

lol2k

I like every song I have heard from these bands. You decide if i am a metalhead or not

AC/DC
Alice Cooper
Avantasia
Black Sabbath
Europe
Guns 'N' Roses
HammerFall
Manowar
Metallica
Motorhead
Nirvana
Thin Lizzy

I like lots of other bands to but can't even remember all of the names so much great rock and metal out there

jonathanfuzzles

When it comes to metal, I prefer:

Iron Maiden
Mudvayne
Buckethead
Metallica
Uncle Slam
Municipal Waste
Slayer
Pantera
Brown Brigade

and so on...

andreww9933

My favorite groups are Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Rob Zombie, Flaw, Ramstein, and HIM. Those groups are all awesome. And anyone who truly loves rock and anything metal will agree.
"I'll be the God of Death any day"-- Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing

Tru

Quote from: andreww9933 on June 23, 2009, 11:14:48 PM
And anyone who truly loves rock and anything metal will agree.

Well, as soon as you throw a challenge like that out there, someone's going to have to challenge you right back. :devil2: And in my not-so-humble opinion, all the bands you mentioned (with the exception of Flaw, which I'm not familiar with) are your basic run-of-the-mill mainstream crap...the first three in particular. They're the bubblegum pop of metal. The "diet coke" of metal, even. They have the trappings of metal without its soul. I'm sorry, but if the mainstream radio is willing and eager to play your new album, you're not really metal enough (This goes mostly for you, Metallica.)

Oh, I encourage people to argue back with me. Maybe we can turn this thread into a genuine discussion more than merely a list thread for people looking to pad their post count.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

Bob Right

I'm surprised at the amount of metalheads on this site.  I thought that this thread would only appeal to 3 or 4 people.  I planon updating my master list once I get my computer working (I'm typing everything on iPod touch, which is very annnoying).  Anyways, I don't know much about Rammstein, so I won't blindly argue about it.  However, I'd have to agree with Tru for the rest of those bands.  They're  the bubblegum pop version of metal, and I don't even consider H.I.M. to be metal at all.  On the other hand, I am very selective about what is truly considered metal.  Please do consider debating further.

chillyvanilly

i myself am huge into the thrash metal and stoner metal genres and my favorite bands are:

overkill
kyuss
clutch
iron maiden
megadeth(not a huge metallica fan)
fu manchu
and my favorite band of all time is

THE WHO, yeah i know, you weren't expecting that
I'm just a regular guy who likes to see anime babes desperate to pee. Whats so wrong with that