Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Started by FallenStar, January 10, 2009, 05:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Ravens beat the Titans! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn you, Yankees! Can't you EVER give us Southerners a break and let ONE of our teams make it to the damned Super Bowl!  *rant

Oh well... They were *so* close...  maybe next year, the Saints can make it to the playoffs... so they can be defeated horribly again.  >.>

ckhs15

couldn't of said it better myself

Damn the freaking Ravens!!!!!!  *rant *gun

FallenStar

First of all, don't modify my posts. I intentionally left out the part about it being the NFL Playoffs.

Secondly, Arizona may be considered "The South" to a Brit like you, but where I come from, it's known as "The West".  xP

(that's a little American Civil War humor, boy!) *slaps B.u.S. 's back*

Lord_Nerick

And Us Phoenix fans have avenged you too!! :clap:
what am I going to do when the world comes to an end? I'm going to put sugar on my cantaloupe!

FallenStar

Your Geography is full of Bilge, B.u.S.    :death:

Arizona will *always* be considered the West as much as California, Texas, New Mexico and Nevada is.  It starts from the panhandle of Texas when you hit the vast desert there that stretches all the way to the Rocky Mountains and then further to the Pacific Coast. =P

TaintedLove

I'm gonna have to go with Star on this one.  When I think "South", I think "Confederate States".

I know this because I live in one of those.  A terrible embarassment to the fine state of Florida.  Disgusting, really, seeing people with the Stars and Bars.

I digress.  I too wish we had a team with enough skills to get into the Super Bowl.  Of course, I'm bad.  I like the Eagles. (Sorry!)

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on January 13, 2009, 10:23:52 AM
You like the EAGLES?! You do realise that Ace Ventura beat up their mascot once :P There's a reason why I like the Dolphins and NOT the Eagles xD 

*wonders if he should really respond to this*  <.<  >.>

QuoteThen again, Tampa Bay did okay this season - better than Jacksonville. And Detroit for that matter, but who did worse than them?!

Neither Tampa Bay nor Jacksonville was in the playoffs. and Detroit broke a record for Suckyness - going the whole season without a win. There clearly wasn't anyone worse than them.  Not even the Saints, although it was a close thing...  *cough*  >.>

QuoteAt least the Super Bowl is at Raymond James Stadium. It has a Pirate village and a Pirate SHIP - fucking AWESOME :D

It could be on top of the Space Needle in Seattle and it wouldn't make a different, B.u.S. It's all about THE FOOTBALL. LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL! [/Simpson-esque John Madden]   xD

FallenStar

While it is true that Yankees is a New York baseball team, I was referring to the old American Civil War term for *all* northerners. Yankee started out referring to everyone from New England, then gradually came to mean everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

And right now, it's up to the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl.  GO CARDS!

TaintedLove

I don't use the word yankee in that context myself.  It evokes an embarassing, and very horrible aspect of my state's past.

FallenStar

Yeah, well... I'm not too proud of my homestate's Confederate pasts either...  but sometimes, old habits die hard...  Particularly if you're a history buff like me   :lol:

TaintedLove

Hahaha, I'm a history dork myself, too.  I like the Revolutionary War era better, though, because it didn't involve my home state fighting for, among other things, the concept of slavery.  Also World War II.

Oh, right, sports.  Um...  Anybody actually play them?

FallenStar

I'm a fan of all types of wars...   From the Roman Empire's wars, through the crises with Napoleon, to WWI and WWII and ending with... well... WWII, actually.   :lol:

TaintedLove

I like those too.  I also like Alexander the Great's story, which was pretty amazing, and bloodstained.  Now that cat was genetically different.

Like Hank Aaron.  He was a true sports hero, and it's a damn sin what they did to him.  How is it acceptable to give some piece of shit juicer his record?  He did it with pure athletics, and skill.