New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Anyone speak Klingon?

Started by JackO, October 29, 2009, 10:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackO

Random discussion topics are always the best, which brings me onto my next point,

Does anyone on this site speak Klingon?

Just wondering...I mean I don't, but I do speak Spanish, and I hear they're pretty similar  :lol:

akemi

I don't speak Klingon, but in a cousin's wedding video I appear doing klingon's salute  :lol:

Now seriously,
I investigate a bit, here you can find how klingon sounds, and most sounds are similar to spanish (except a few)
http://www.kli.org/tlh/sounds.html

JackO

Quote from: akemi on October 29, 2009, 01:48:56 PM
I don't speak Klingon, but in a cousin's wedding video I appear doing klingon's salute  :lol:

Now seriously,
I investigate a bit, here you can find how klingon sounds, and most sounds are similar to spanish (except a few)
http://www.kli.org/tlh/sounds.html

How odd, especially as the spanish thing was a joke, I did however like that link you posted, here's an extract -

A little like a Klingon q immediately followed by a Klingon H. Close off your mouth as far back as you can, like with q, and force air up,like you're trying to dislodge food stuck in your throat. It sounds a lot like you're choking.

Does this mean my avatar can speak Klingon?

akemi

Seems like the joke was true  :lol:

wunderwutzl

According to what i´ve heard, there were some people worried in the 90´s because Klingon was spoken by many more people than several real-life languages.We better don´t let them see your Avatar who is obviously trying to get all Kahless on us...

FallenStar

Quote from: wunderwutzl on November 05, 2009, 03:40:52 PM
According to what i´ve heard, there were some people worried in the 90´s because Klingon was spoken by many more people than several real-life languages.We better don´t let them see your Avatar who is obviously trying to get all Kahless on us...

Man, people get worried about the stupidest things, I tell you.  Right now, on TV, I'm seeing a news program warning about the DANGERS of mushrooms. They've got people so scared, they can't even enjoy a burger without thinking (OMFG, I'M GOING TO GET FAT AND PEOPLE ARE GONNA HATE ME!)

Which is utter nonsense, since I'm fat and apparently, you people here like me. YOU REALLY LIKE ME! [/Jim Carrey as The Mask] =D
Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

Quote from: FallenStar on November 15, 2009, 11:00:21 AM
a news program warning about the DANGERS of mushrooms.

Aw geez. *facepalm* The only rule about mushrooms is... "If you can't identify it, you can't eat it." Not to mention that mushrooms are probably the least fattening thing most restaurants have on the menu.

*enjoys a burger with FallenStar*
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Quote from: Serika on November 15, 2009, 11:20:02 AM
Aw geez. *facepalm* The only rule about mushrooms is... "If you can't identify it, you can't eat it." Not to mention that mushrooms are probably the least fattening thing most restaurants have on the menu.

*enjoys a burger with FallenStar*

Hey, stop eating my pickle, damn it! That's my half a burger!  *rant  =P
Welp... I'm fucked...

Dynamic

Quote from: wunderwutzl on November 05, 2009, 03:40:52 PMWe better don´t let them see your Avatar who is obviously trying to get all Kahless on us...

I got that.  And I LOL'ed... I guess if we're nerds together we won't be outcasts!
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Well, since you guys are on the topic of the Klingon language...

well.... just read this.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/11/dinkytown_dad_s.php

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

JackO

Quote from: Mydnyght on November 20, 2009, 08:34:20 PM
Well, since you guys are on the topic of the Klingon language...

well.... just read this.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/11/dinkytown_dad_s.php

An interesting experiment in language if I ever saw one, and its just one of those things that you would do if you could and it wouldn't fuck up the child for the first years of their life, just to learn important things about the early human cognitive language skills.