News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Favorite supervillian (from comics/ TV adaptaion/ Movie adaptation)

Started by blackbird189, August 10, 2009, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackbird189

My all time favorite super villian would be darkseid from superman mainly.  I liked him because it is always amusing to watch superman fight someone whose powers are as strong as his.
Another super villian i like is senestro form Green Lanturn.  I like him because he was a good guy but then went bad and has a ton of power.

Faust

I like Slade, from teen titans.
Despite the fact it's a decently kiddy show, Slade is bad ass.
The guy comes back almost as much as Ridley.
(lol)
Plus, I think that the whole set of episodes that lead up to Trigun coming to earth just show how much
of a badass he can be.
For example:
Cyborg: *picks up a big metal thing, swings at slade*
Slade: *merely exerts fire from his whole body, (A trigun given power), the metal thing merely goes through him, a big section of it having been melted and not hit him*
Cyborg: Whoa...
Slade: That's it? 'Whoa'?

butterman100

Quote from: Faust on August 10, 2009, 07:32:41 PM
I like Slade, from teen titans.
Despite the fact it's a decently kiddy show, Slade is bad ass.
The guy comes back almost as much as Ridley.
(lol)
Plus, I think that the whole set of episodes that lead up to Trigun coming to earth just show how much
of a badass he can be.
For example:
Cyborg: *picks up a big metal thing, swings at slade*
Slade: *merely exerts fire from his whole body, (A trigun given power), the metal thing merely goes through him, a big section of it having been melted and not hit him*
Cyborg: Whoa...
Slade: That's it? 'Whoa'?

I'll have to agree with you on that one. Slade is a total badass. Lava wasn't even enough to take care of him for good. And later on in the series(forget when exactly) he pretty much just chills all day with Satan himself. Although at this point he's pretty much just doing bitch work for him he is still pretty badass.
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

FallenStar

In the original comic, Slade was known as Deathstroke the Terminator.  =P

My favorite supervillian is actually a cross between Hal Jordan as Parallax (in the comics) and Apocolypse from the old X-men TAS.  I always liked Hal Jordan turning batshit insane and fucking over the heroes he once worked with.  xP

And Apocolypse just kicked ass; no one could beat him.   :lol:

DubiousCharms

Does Harley Quinn count? Because goddamn, I love the heck outta her.

Faust

Yeah, I think I read about that.
Still, for a kid's show, Slade is still surprisingly dark, (and badass)
I mean, the dude came back to life and when you got a chance to see under his mask  when something knocked it off,
It was all skeletal, yet as a skeleton, he still managed to kick ass.
but yeah, he just chilled with him, and even though it was bitch work, he made it look cool. ^^
plus, the whole episode with his mask shows he'll kick your ass, even if he's not real.

anathema

Quote from: DubiousCharms on August 11, 2009, 10:02:14 AM
Does Harley Quinn count? Because goddamn, I love the heck outta her.

:stupid:  Harley Quinn is like the only American comic supervillian I adore.  I'm just not much of a comic book person.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended.
That we have but slumbered here, whilst these visions did appear.

D_guy10

Comics: Hush (Batman) or The Devil (Midnight Nation)
TV: Lex Luthor
Movie: The Joker (TDK)

wunderwutzl

Comics: All Enemies of Conan the Barbarian (because they die and stay dead, unlike those irritating Marvel-Villians who jump out of their Graves like Freddy K.)
TV: Skeletor
Movie: Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man 2 and The Joker from Dark Knight

Qasim

Hank Scorpio. He's even got a title song. And he's a decent employer, too.