New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

dandelions?

Started by Bob Right, July 31, 2009, 11:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Right

I have been looking for an easy-to-obtain, harmless diuretic for a while now.  After much research, I have found quite a few sites speaking of dandelion leaves as a good diuretic.  I wish to try using it, but I would like to hear other people's experiences first.
How well do they work?  How long does it take to get the effect?  How much should be consumed to have a useful effect?  What recipies are available?  Should they be raw or cooked?  Please answer some of these questions or give some insight on this topic.
Thank you very much.  I hope to find some interesting ideas.

butterman100

well iv'e never tried it before myself. but the best thing you can do when using dandelions as a diuretic is to let them steep in hot water to make some dandelion tea. however many you use doesn't matter it's just whatever tastes best for you. experiment with it a bit and see what you like best. i hope this was helpful.
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

wdggrl

Wow, I've never heard of that before. Make sure to tell us how it was. Dandelions don't sound very delicious, but I'm always interested in tea.

butterman100

from what i hear it tastes just the same as green tea or at least a lot similar. i have a good friend who tells me that it is delicious.
Follow no road, but the one paved by your own hands.

js93612

Just find yourself a tea that contains catnip.  So far it's the best thing I have ever found.

If you're in the states, I drink a tea called 'Tension Tamer' by, IIRC, Celestial Seasonings.  Available anywhere (At least in California/Nevada where I have obtained it).

purplelotus

I think there are dandelion pills available, though I've never sought after them.