New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Good God, people are stupid as hell... <_<;

Started by FallenStar, February 09, 2013, 05:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-13-dumbest-lawsuits-in-recent-history/williammtx?page=1

Suing yourself (page 3)? Seriously? No wonder the U.S. government is low on money and has to take it out of the poor... With idiots like the JUDGE who sued because he lost his pants, that doofus who sued himself for defamation of character, the nutjob who sued Michael Jordan because he looked like him, the McDonald's Coffee Lady, and Mr. Jack Ass himself, it's absolutely ludicrous that the U.S. Justice system has degenerated to this degree.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Lurkerson

To be fair, the one about the coffee at McDonalds actually did have some basis to it as that thing was way too hot if it could cause 3rd degree burns with a spill.  Even with a warning label about it being hot and a lack of common sense on that person's part there really should be limits to that sort of thing, and drinks of that temperature are a disaster waiting to happen.

But yeah, a lot of those are mindbogglingly stupid.  Like the guy suing for injury when he tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a train.  Dude should have gotten counter-sued for the psychological damage he likely gave the conductor with that little stunt.

Serika

QuoteLittle did he know that the bathrooms at the stadium were unisex (which is 100% inappropriate at a Billy Joel concert.) Thus, when he got there, he found a shocking sight: a woman using a urinal to pee.
Wait, does that mean if he were to use the urinal next to hers (breaking the urinal code, but whatever) and expose himself to urinate in the urinal... that wouldn't be sexual harassment? Oh hell, i would be so tempted to do that if i were him. Just start peeing next to her, smile at her and say, "Hi! Nice concert, isn't it?" XD

Of course i'd go use the stall instead, because i always use the stall, but that would be awesome if a boyfriend and girlfriend met like that.

According to that related list, "20 Pictures That Prove You Have a Dirty Mind", my mind is dirty like a toxic waste dump. :lol:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Quote from: Lurkerson on February 09, 2013, 07:10:26 PM
To be fair, the one about the coffee at McDonalds actually did have some basis to it as that thing was way too hot if it could cause 3rd degree burns with a spill.  Even with a warning label about it being hot and a lack of common sense on that person's part there really should be limits to that sort of thing, and drinks of that temperature are a disaster waiting to happen.

Uh, no... not a chance in hell is that McDonald's fault in the least. If you can't read an idiot warning label then you damn well don't need to be buying coffee in the first place. McDonald's took the proper precaution and this idiot lady was, in essence, doing the same sort of shit as people driving whilst texting - you do NOT put something HOT between your legs - especially if you're warned - and think it's not your fault.

I'm sorry but the way you worded that makes you sound just as stupid as that lady. "Oh, I didn't know something was hot despite the warnings."  Give me a frickin' break.  =_=;

Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

How does something that hot not burn the inside of one's mouth? If it burns your lap then wouldn't it also burn your mouth? I don't drink coffee, so i wouldn't know, but i'm pretty sure my tongue would burn easier than my hands or legs. My p0n0s might burn easier than my mouth does, but again i wouldn't know because i don't shove cups of steaming hot coffee into my crotch.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

I imagine it's that hot to get the coffee out of the beans and that most people actually let it cool off to some degree before they drink it; they don't shove it betwixt their legs and think, "Oh, gee golly gosh... this is HOT"... and they sure as hell don't spill it on themselves - granted, accidents do happen but most people don't think immediately to sue someone for their own clumsiness.  <_<;

Welp... I'm fucked...