New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Body Changing

Started by warrior21, December 22, 2009, 11:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warrior21

Has anyone else noticed a rising trend in anime which has a main character who is either forced to act as the opposite gender, or switches bodies into the opposite sex's body? I've noticed this trend and was wonder what your thoughts are on the subject.
Personally, i think it's an amazing concept to use. The sexual nature of it is very exciting while the societal issues dealt with in regular anime portraying the gender reversal also raises some profound revelations in society.

redeker

I think East Asia is generally less homophobic than the rest of the world, but I'm not really sure why...
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

AliasnameTO

Quote from: redeker on January 06, 2010, 04:41:37 PM
I think East Asia is generally less homophobic than the rest of the world, but I'm not really sure why...

Difference in religion, I'm certain.

On topic, I've never seen anything like body-swapping in anime.

redeker

Quote from: AliasnameTO on January 06, 2010, 11:38:45 PM
Quote from: redeker on January 06, 2010, 04:41:37 PM

Difference in religion, I'm certain.

On topic, I've never seen anything like body-swapping in anime.

Huh, I don't recall any Biblical, Old or New Testament, passages, nor Koran passages, that specifically condemn homosexuality or transgender... I wonder why the West turned out so homophobic?

Anyway, the only body-changing anime/manga I know is Ranma. Though my brother says that he has seen a rise in body-changing...
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."