New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Odd dreams

Started by dragonfox2004, May 10, 2010, 10:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfox2004

OK,I havent seen any topic top up about weirdest dream or just plain odd ones.I want to hear your oddest dreams. As for myself,half the dreams I have eather just dumb or come true.

Faust

Well, In one dream, I was at a fair with my older sister, and twin sister.
We were just walking around, and going on the rides.
Then someone told me that I needed a stamp on my hand, (which my sisters had) and I didn't.
Thus, I had to sing the national anthem.
Not bad, right? Well, apparently that was code for something, as the next thing I knew, I was being lead away, where I was dressed in a sort of short skirted kimono, and then dolled up enough to pass off for some mafia guy's daughter as I went to sing.

I made a good trap, apparently, cause it was a rousing sucess.

that's my most recent weird dream.

JackO

I don't tend to remember my dreams very well, but I will be trying to soon, as I'm going to attempt to lucidly dream, cos it sounds pretty cool, and for that you gotta keep a dream journal (idiotic as that sounds).

I sometimes wonder however, if my dreams come true, when I get random short spells of Deja Vu where everything seems to be in a position that I've seen before for a split second.

Iku Nagae

I hardly ever remember my dreams, but when I do, they tend to be very strange. :D
I love strange dreams. I can't remember any currently, but if I do I'll be sure to write it in here.

Serika

If you could see my strange dreams you would think i'm on acid, but i'm not...

In one dream i gave birth to a squid. It would float through the air and follow me around because i was it's mother. Everybody thought it was perfectly normal too, they would say "Oh that's a handsome son you have!"

No i never found out who the father was. :death:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Lisk

Quote from: Union JackO on May 11, 2010, 12:17:28 PM
I'm going to attempt to lucidly dream, cos it sounds pretty cool, and for that you gotta keep a dream journal
Brotip: as long as you
a) can focus on keeping your dreams in your memory for a few hours after you wake up;
b) can fall into sleep from just laying in your bed and thinking about things you wish to see in your dreams softly enough to avoid sudden wakeup (sometimes your brain thinks that you're going to take your last nap and wakes your body up with a jolt);
you don't need any dream journals, focus points and so on.

JackO

Quote from: Lisk on May 12, 2010, 12:18:30 PM
Quote from: Union JackO on May 11, 2010, 12:17:28 PM
I'm going to attempt to lucidly dream, cos it sounds pretty cool, and for that you gotta keep a dream journal
Brotip: as long as you
a) can focus on keeping your dreams in your memory for a few hours after you wake up;
b) can fall into sleep from just laying in your bed and thinking about things you wish to see in your dreams softly enough to avoid sudden wakeup (sometimes your brain thinks that you're going to take your last nap and wakes your body up with a jolt);
you don't need any dream journals, focus points and so on.

Thanks, I'm not starting to try quite yet, but I will keep your advice in mind, and start to try and do these things now/soon-ish.

jwisrael

Ive had dreams where my girlfriend catches me on this site and she likes it but ive also had it the other way around I guess thats a nightmare

Neil

I always have weird dreams that involve thrill and adventures. And monsters.
And ever since 2002, I keep on 'getting' new skills to survive in my dream... It's like my dream is a place for me to be in an rpg game.. I always have this feeling that one day, I might die in my sleep..
The world of Musubi is the ideal world for me. I get to do what I want, and that includes making girls desperate whenever I want.

Faust

Quote from: Neil on May 23, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
I always have weird dreams that involve thrill and adventures. And monsters.
And ever since 2002, I keep on 'getting' new skills to survive in my dream... It's like my dream is a place for me to be in an rpg game.. I always have this feeling that one day, I might die in my sleep..

Well, make sure to cast Auto-life on yourself then. (or Re-Raise)
That way, you'll come back to life.

Quagmire

I have quite a few odd dreams....the trick is REMEMBERING them!

Seems like I had one a while back where I was Wolverine and on the run from Weapon X.  I don't think that worked out too well for me as Stryker or someone re-enacted that "steamroller" scene from one of the Punisher comics some years ago....!

dragonfox2004

mmmmm You guys have some good odd dreams. Now quick question for you guys dealing with dreams. Do you guys think dreams have some conneting with the real world?

Lisk

Of course. Dreams are by-products of your brain's attempt to sort the info you've got so far, calculate possible routes for certain situations, your desires, aspirations and fears. Sometimes you have to emulate the situation in your imagination to pay attention to smallest details and find a solution. If you had a lot of vivid experience during the day, you're almost guaranteed to see vivid dreams during the night. Add your own imagination, shake, stir, and you'll get a dream. Of coursed, sometimes (and quite often) dreams are just dreams; they don't have to mean anything, but their roots are always connected with real world. There's also these mystic theories, like astral projection stuff and so on. Personally, I think it's a load of crap and dreaming is nothing more than a basic function of your organism that can be trained and controlled to some extent, but... who knows? I don't believe it, but I can't disprove it with 100% accuracy either.

TimeBomb0

I've been having odd dreams about being back in college again. I'm currently out for the summer. I could be having them because I've been home alone all week and have basically been stuck in my house since summer break started.

Dynamic

I lucidly dream pretty often, actually.  It's not all it's cracked up to be.  Even though I have a measure of control, my brain still doesn't process logic the same as it does when I'm awake.  Needless to say the dreams are always weird, no matter how cool I try to make them.
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."