New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Hockey

Started by shananagans, September 22, 2009, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shananagans

I'm surprised someone hasn't made this topic already.

For me I <3 the Canucks. I'm not sure if you guys saw the game or not but on Monday (sept 21)
They were playing the flames and were losing 4-3 until Daniel Sedin scored with .2 seconds left in the 3rd
and it went to a shootout and we won.

I cant get over that game and had to rant about it

For everyone else go ahead and post here about your team and what you love about them.

Maelstrom

I watch Hockey now and then, being a Penguins fan myself. I actually watched the entire Stanley Cup finals for once, and I wasn't disappointed - not only did Pittsburgh win the Stanley Cup, but Detroit put up a hell of a fight and it was entertaining to watch. (actually I'm not from Pittsburgh, but we don't have any NHL teams here in Oregon)

ltmt

I like teams based on my favorite players. I have no issue with switching teams year to year since through trading or losing players, they can change a lot over the off-season. Since I was a kid I followed Jaromir Jagr's career and loved whatever team he was on. I was very sad when he left the NHL. Now I like the 'hawks. Young talent and entertaining to watch - why not? Should be interesting to see how they do this season after their run in the playoffs last year!

shananagans

Quote from: ltmt on September 22, 2009, 03:29:41 PM
I like teams based on my favorite players. I have no issue with switching teams year to year since through trading or losing players, they can change a lot over the off-season. Since I was a kid I followed Jaromir Jagr's career and loved whatever team he was on. I was very sad when he left the NHL. Now I like the 'hawks. Young talent and entertaining to watch - why not? Should be interesting to see how they do this season after their run in the playoffs last year!

For me i love Trevor Lindin. Hes an amazing player a great guy and was on the Canucks, :P what more to ask for.

Then he retired.... which was unfortunate... but i guess you cant play hockey forever.  :crying:

Newp

Quote from: shananagans on September 22, 2009, 10:16:53 AM

For me I <3 the Canucks. I'm not sure if you guys saw the game or not but on Monday (sept 21)
They were playing the flames and were losing 4-3 until Daniel Sedin scored with .2 seconds left in the 3rd

For everyone else go ahead and post here about your team and what you love about them.

You are my new worst enemy. GO AVS GO!

I was disappointed that the Canes didn't make the SCF, though. They're the closest team to me, now, and are made for some exciting games in the playoffs.

I love hockey, though. I've had season tickets for the local minor league team for the past 3 years. Anything just to get out to a game. IMO, hockey has one of the greatest atmospheres of all sports.

shananagans

Quote from: Newp on September 29, 2009, 09:51:01 PM
Quote from: shananagans on September 22, 2009, 10:16:53 AM

You are my new worst enemy. GO AVS GO!

I was disappointed that the Canes didn't make the SCF, though. They're the closest team to me, now, and are made for some exciting games in the playoffs.

I love hockey, though. I've had season tickets for the local minor league team for the past 3 years. Anything just to get out to a game. IMO, hockey has one of the greatest atmospheres of all sports.

Other than the AVS part and dissing my homies the Canucks, i agree with everything else :P

Canucks went 6-0-2 i believe in preseason, not bad
(i think i missed a game but thats what it is for what ive watched)

ltmt

I'm expecting interesting things from Columbus and Toronto this season. Hardly contenders in the past, they'll be teams running for the cup no doubt- if not this year then very soon afterwards.

I've never seen an NHL game, but gosh darn it I'd love to. Maybe Chicago at Washington, Toews 4 goals and Ovechkin pulling all the stunts but getting shut out by - yes - Cristobal Huet. Right in front of all his fangirls and boys, their hands pasted to their faces in horror. BLOODY HORROR. MMMHMM!

DubiousCharms

I've taken up a passing interest in hockey, thanks to my dad. We're Rangers nuts.  :clap: The game seems to have a calming effect on me, strangely. I also have my own jersey that's super-cute and useful in the wintertime. Also, Henrik Lundqvist.  :drool:

ltmt

Damn, Newp, your avs have a great start so far. Anderson is an amazing goalie and Wolski is dominating. Rangers are kicking ass too, DC.. 7-2, damn wish Jagr had been there.. Anyone see the 'Hawks comeback last night? Hooooly shit, I laughed and cried. Only a couple teams I really don't like and Calgary's one of them.

Oh, and the things I was expecting from Toronto? Nevermind.

Is that Carmine

I'm just glad for my Devils. 3 game win streak all in SO's. The goal against the Lightning with .3 seconds left in the 3rd period was so exciting.

Newp

Quote from: ltmt on October 13, 2009, 03:11:32 PM
Damn, Newp, your avs have a great start so far. Anderson is an amazing goalie and Wolski is dominating. Rangers are kicking ass too, DC.. 7-2, damn wish Jagr had been there.. Anyone see the 'Hawks comeback last night? Hooooly shit, I laughed and cried. Only a couple teams I really don't like and Calgary's one of them.

Oh, and the things I was expecting from Toronto? Nevermind.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the Avs great start. I got to see Craig Anderson for a number of years when he played in the AHL, and it was only a matter of time before he found a team that would stick with him. Luckily, it happened to be the Avs.

shananagans

well i officially have given up on the canucks. if youve watched any game against then since the regular season then you propbably know why. i still have my hopes up but it looks like this will be a rough year of hockey

Newp

Quote from: shananagans on October 17, 2009, 12:40:41 AM
well i officially have given up on the canucks. if youve watched any game against then since the regular season then you propbably know why. i still have my hopes up but it looks like this will be a rough year of hockey

You act like the Canucks under-performing is a bad thing? Its always funny when even enforcers are scoring against you.

lulaby

I'm one of those big canadien fan in Montreal. You know, the kind who barely ever misses a game.

Like always, we've got a semi-crappy team who may or may not make the playoffs. Losing Markov in the opening game of the season hurt us a lot.

Nice to see there are other hockey fans around here.

Go Habs go! ;)

anastyanax

Apparently a few Oilers players came down with Swine flu. Good thing I'm a Canucks fan.