Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Re: I suppose I've been gone long enough to permit one

Started by Drying, October 31, 2011, 05:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drying

Hi there.
I'm new, but I hate introductory topics.

Well technically I'm not new, but I can't really remember ever making this account. It was just ready for me to log into when I wanted.

So, since I need some posts anyway, I'll start by saying I'm a programmer as well.
I generally program Java, C++ (I'm past the valley), Python and JavaScript but I'm also fairly proficient in PHP and some other scripting languages. I used to use C#, but since I stopped using Windows some years ago I haven't really touched it. Not that a list of languages is particularly interesting.

Anyway, I haven't been planning any games, but I guess I can help. Graphics have never been my thing so I generally stay away from making games.

Do NOT use other people's introduction topics for your own! - FallenStar

Ranpalan

Good day, good day!

Heh, it's the first time I see someone mention the valley that way, and I certainly like the usage.

Personally, I'm too busy these days to write anything serious, although as I may have mentioned, it is not out of the question that I'll write a Melissa clone in Python at some point.

Well, nice to see you wanting to post.
Always happy to get PMs/IMs

Drying

Heh, I'm actually not sure the "valley" is very widely known.

I was, of course, referering to this: http://lbrandy.com/blog/2010/03/never-trust-a-programmer-who-says-he-knows-c/ which perfectly describes the learning process for C++.

I'm too busy as well, and I don't really like writing any more code than I already do, so I'll probably leave the programming talk for somewhere else.

Also, this captcha is simply unreadable O_o

FallenStar

Quote from: Drying on November 01, 2011, 04:27:20 PM
Also, this captcha is simply unreadable O_o

Blame the spambots that made me turn up the captcha level.  <_<;  I wish those effing things had never been created.

Welp... I'm fucked...