New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Moderator Position Open

Started by FallenStar, September 29, 2009, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Due to the fact that TaintedLove broke a promise to me in terms of how she acts here on the forum, she has officially been demodded.  We had made a compromise that in exchange for me overlooking her trolling habits, she would not troll me.  However, she has failed to live up to her end and thus, has been punished accordingly.

This means that we have a moderator position open. If any of you is interested in this position, please place your application here in this topic for official perusal.

Welp... I'm fucked...

JackO

Well, I haven't been here too long, and I know I have a lot more to contribute, but I thought I'd just put in an application anyway, I meant what's the worst that can happen?

So...why would I want to become a mod? Well, ever since I found this site, I've loved it, and I want to see it flourish and to have an active role in this would be awesome. We often see the rules broken, or misunderstandings, and I just want to be a voice of calm and fair moderation to make sure everyone is treated right.

I believe I can contribute also to the fanfic section, as I will be writing more soon, and I believe that I am dedicated to making this site better. AGD didn't just become the best anime and female desperation site around overnight, it took hard work, and I want to help repay some of that by putting some work in.

Thanks for reading

JackO

Also, may I add if B.u.S or Scoozums were to run, I'd support their causes over mine, as they're the first people that would come to my mind as people worthy of filling this position.

Maelstrom

Well, I'd be willing to contribute, though I haven't been around here for very long. I do have over 7 years of modding and over 6 years of administrating experience - PM me if you want the specific details on that. Anyway, this place looks like it could use some more maintenance, I could think of a few ways to make this place more appealing, personally... the most important thing is that the mods get along with each other, and with the members, as well.

On a side note, what happened to your admin account?

FallenStar

I happen to be emotional and if people complain too much about what I'm doing, I don't often want to stay as leader.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Maelstrom

Aww come on, that's not being a true leader - you gotta take charge! People won't like some of your decisions, and there's nothing you can do about that... but you don't have to let it get the best of you :P

In all seriousness though. I don't know if you're just trying to mess with my head because I'm new, but I'm offering you a word of advice in case you're serious :P

JackO

Quote from: FallenStar on September 29, 2009, 04:05:40 PM
I happen to be emotional and if people complain too much about what I'm doing, I don't often want to stay as leader.   :death:

Well, if you're going to listen to the criticism Star, please listen to the praise. In the time I have been here and experienced you as leader, all I have seen is a competent, dedicated individual, who runs the site efficiently, and to the best of his ability. I've seen your human side, your human sense of humour, decency, everything.

I know I can't be the only one that thinks you have done an excellent job here, and whatever happens I'd like to say thanks for that Star.

FallenStar

Of course I'm not a good leader; I'm far too emotional for that. That's why I stepped down as admin. I can't stand it when people dislike me for things I simply messed up on. I never intend to cause offense, but I always seem to wind up doing it, nonetheless.   :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Maelstrom

Well, you brought together an entire community, that's pretty impressive right there. Anyway, it's all up to you to decide whether or not you think you can continue on. If you can't, then surely someone else can release you from those chains and take over for you. It's good to see that you're not just letting this place fall apart though.

JackO

Quote from: FallenStar on September 29, 2009, 04:26:24 PM
Of course I'm not a good leader; I'm far too emotional for that. That's why I stepped down as admin. I can't stand it when people dislike me for things I simply messed up on. I never intend to cause offense, but I always seem to wind up doing it, nonetheless.   :death:

Whatever happens Star, I like you, not because you were the leader of the site, or because I'm trying t cheer you up, but because you did your best to keep this place an active, fun community.

And so what if 2 members are too ignorant to see that you're a good guy, the other 99% of members here are on your side, I know I am.

Serika

Quote from: JackO on September 29, 2009, 04:34:33 PM
Whatever happens Star, I like you, not because you were the leader of the site, or because I'm trying to cheer you up, but because you did your best to keep this place an active, fun community.

And so what if 2 members are too ignorant to see that you're a good guy, the other 99% of members here are on your side, I know I am.

No no no, Phatman is not ignorant. That fight was over a personal issue, and even though the insult was unintentional it still hurts to be reminded of something that can't be helped. I went over this with FallenStar earlier so now he has a better idea of why it happened.

Now can we please move on without anyone leaving the forum over this?
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Scoozums

New account star?  :S  I don't see why you had to give up the other you and step down from admin-ship :/

Anyway, App time  :drool:

Reason for wanting to be a moderator:

I like it, plain and simple.  For me moderating isn't really a chore it's something I enjoy doing.

Experience:

I took up a moderator position in Darkthrone's Beta version but before that I'd been moderator or administrator on several Invisionfree forums that dealt with gaming or anime or what have you.

I made this Kind of plain and straight forward so if you have questions for me feel free to ask. :)

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on September 30, 2009, 09:25:54 AM
Boss, you're awesome no matter what happens :) Don't worry about a thing, you know you've got me 100% :D

As for the Mod job... I hope I can still be considered for the job :)

No offense intended, B.u.S, but you and I are a lot alike and I don't really need a "Yes Man" moderator.  Not that I don't believe whole-heartedly in many things you say and do, but I need someone who has a bit of a different point of view, yet is not so vastly different like TaintedLove or Chan that they will argue incessantly once I make a decision.  I'm looking for someone to fit the middle ground, so to speak. 
Welp... I'm fucked...

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on September 30, 2009, 09:45:45 AM
Woah woah woah, a "Yes Man"? Since when have I been one of those? I still hate FFXII, don't forget :P

FFXII aside, you and I see eye-to-eye on the important issues, such as the leecher purges, grammatically correct posts, and whatnot.  =P
Welp... I'm fucked...

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on September 30, 2009, 10:28:37 AM
Wouldn't that make me good at a Mod job if me and the boss see eye-to-eye? :P

No, it would actually be like Montgomery Burns surrounding himself with Yes-Men who agree with him and cause him to go broke.  =P   

As it stands now, I have one moderator Yes-man (or at least, he's agreeable enough to help out when I have a problem), one moderator that follows the middle ground, and one that does nothing but constantly argue for more power.  What I need is one more for the middle ground and right now, B.u.S., you'd be a second Yes-man, since we agree on so many things.  =P

Welp... I'm fucked...

Phatman_Dover

This may sound absolutely out of control and kind or weird, but I'd like to apply. Even though you and I are not on the best of terms, I would like to help improve this community, and while we may not be buddy buddy I can definitely work with you and not against you for the greater good.

I've had over 8 years of experience on fora, moderating chatrooms for almost as long, and I also am a net admin in my friend's chatroom as well. I have not been banned from any forum yet due to ignorance or not following the rules, and I have a very good understanding of what should and should not be said. This being said, since I am not a yes man, I will be able to provide an opposing point of view without being overbearing.

I'm not insanely furious with you, but don't expect us to become pals again if you do agree.
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."