New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Bio Breaks

Started by aptom203, May 25, 2009, 08:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aptom203

One fantasy of mine that stems from my intense geekyness is that I'm in a group on my MMO of choice (Currently WoW and EVE though I have played FFXI int he past) and there's a chick in the group who's gotta GO. But! There's just no time. We're in a pvp zone or a party or something, and the leader says NO breaks at all. She's bursting to pee, beside herself with desperation, but she doesn't want to go.

I've had something close to this happen once or twice, one time the party leader told our healer she could not go pee until he leveled up. She became increasingly desperate, and we eventualyl disbanded the group, re-forming it with a new leader. Even so, I kept her chatting over PM for as long as I could, she kept mentioning her desperate need to pee, but was too polite to just go. Eventually, however, she did.

Another time was on World of Warcraft- we were being boosted through an isntance, over and over. Neither of us wanted to leave because the boost was highly impatient, and we were woried he would jsut leave if we did stop. The girl I was with confided that she had needed to pee for ages, and was getting fairly desperate, and asked if she could just /follow me. I said that the boost might notice she was actually afk and kick her, so she stayed. Eventually, the boost left, and I asked her if she still needed to pee. She told me she was bursting, but her brother was in the bathroom. Eventually, I convinced her to just keep holding as long as she could, but soon after that I had to go offline.

My questions- Anythign like this ever happened to any of you? Particularly interested to know if there are any female gamers out there who eschew their bio-breaks now and then?
"...but her bladder would broker no delay..."

aptom203

That sounds cute, what's the longest you've made yourself hold before using those little rules?

Tru

I totally do this kind of thing all the time while gaming. It lends a sense of excitement and urgency to the game...and plus I just like any excuse to force myself to hold it as long as I can. :biggrin: I played City of Heroes for a long time, and I'd be holding it so often...it works best with something like an MMO where you feel you'd be letting someone else down if you stop everything to go to the bathroom. I also keep a towel by my computer to sit on just in case I think I might lose it. It's way more fun when you allow yourself to wet your clothes when you fail instead of making a last minute dash to the bathroom when you find yourself REALLY about to burst.
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

aptom203

Ella: Aw, it's almost a shame that you did beat the boss on the first try ;)

Tru: Did you ever mention to the people you were playing with that you needed to pee? You're making me wish I played CoH!

The_Enigma

I've actually done that to myself before.  I remember I was playing my Pokemon Gold, and I needed to get one of my party members to level 55 (from level 35).  About when I got to level 42, I had to go pretty badly.  But, I told myself that I couldn't go until I got to level 55, which turned out to be waaaay longer than I expected.  It took me another 2 hours to get there, and by that time, I was almost on the verge of a bladder bust.  (Don't worry, though, I made it)

Another time I was playing Kingdom Hearts II.  I told myself that I couldn't take any break of any kind until I beat 2 worlds.  (You can guess how that ended up; me rushing to the bathroom with barely any time to spare)

I actually find myself setting little goals like that in everyday life, now.  Perhaps I have a subconscious desire to increase my bladder capacity...

Tru

I know I mentioned it from time to time, but I wasn't one to give up-to-the-minute updates on my bladder status! :lol: Of course, sometimes my team would take a break to let everyone use the bathroom, but I always liked to skip those. There's something kind of thrilling about having an opportunity to use the bathroom when you really need to, but choosing to wait instead. When I played, I tried to hold it all the way through until I was done playing for the day. If I made it, great! If I didn't...well, that can be fun too. :biggrin:
This is an experiment of sorts. I don't really expect most people to care about my music listening habits.

aptom203

Great stories everyone, I'd lvoe to know more! nearly every time a girl in any group of mine says bio break, I secretly hope no-one will listen and jsut keep fighting or whatever, and that she's beenw aiting for ages.

aptom203

I had another incident today. I was chatting with a girl I know from a kind of online role-play game and she said BRB! and then about 30 seconds later, said, "Damn, back." I asked what was up, and she went on to explain she hadn't been to the bathroom in hours, and now it was occupied. I teased her about rain and the such for a little bit, and then she said BRB! again, as the bathroom was free.

kelseycas

I hate it when i have to got to the barthroom when i play my mmorpg. becuase you might get booted for inactivite. *rant

Kyrieelleison

but thats what makes it fun, testing your own bladder control and hoping it proves longer than the length of time you'll be playing
Are you sure that we are awake? It seems to me that yet we sleep, we dream.

EnragedFilia

There's a player in my FFXI linkshell (in other words guild), and I remember her mentioning during a few raids (in text and on vent) why she had to take a break soon, and asking how much longer the fight would take. Endgame events and fights in FFXI can take a few hours, although she's not exactly the type to put the game before her own comfort. Oh, and I should probably mention that we all know she's a stripper, and she's posted a few pictures of herself on the guild forums. And her character looks like these:

aptom203

Sometimes I miss FFXI, but that game was far too slow for me. You needed a group to get anywhere, but there was never any groups going, at least it seemed that way on my server. Anyway, you should subtly encourage your linkmate to put off going pee, reminding her there's just a litte longer left etc etc, see what she does ;)

EnragedFilia

I actually haven't played it in a few months. :blushing:
You know what I think someone should do? Write a story about this stuff. Like that one involving Konata from Lucky Star a while back, but longer and more detailed.

AliasnameTO

So-called bio breaks are only for comfort as far as I'm concerned. I've never accidentally wet myself since about age 3, not once. Once I realized I was into desperation I've tried a few times, but I can hold any amount easily for hours, the only variable being how much pain I'm in. I've played games all day long and not even had more than a minor urge to go. Which is good from a practical standpoint, but really sucks for being desperate.

KawaiiChew2

I'm a girl, and I actually play WoW, and I've had raids like these on my old account.
I find it really annoying, though. I'm a quick peer, and it takes me a little more than a minute away from the screen, so why do the other members have to be so impatient?
I rmember once I ran to the bathroom and came back like two minutes later.
HAving informed the other members where I was going, and them having agreed to wait, I thought they'de be there.
But noooo, they left because apparently, I was too slow >.<

Hey dude, what servers are you on? :P