New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Car thread

Started by Linkx, January 07, 2010, 12:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supadm

I've got a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring, tuned, with a six speed manual. It's a compact and FWD, but it'll still do a sub-six 0-60.

Unfortunatley, with my family moving North and my College located in a colder climate as well, I'm probably going to be selling it in the summer for an AWD car. Probably a Mazdaspeed6, the big brother of the one I have now. :)

I'm a big car person as well, and love finding the most exotic cars on the road. Me and a bunch of friends take pictures of any cars we see that are above and beyond the norm.

Quote from: anathema on January 07, 2010, 08:29:40 PM
I drive a Mazda RX-8.  Stick shift.

I figure a car is the second most expensive thing I'd ever buy, I may as well buy one that's fun.

I also have a fetish for rotary engines.

My uncle has a pristine RX-7 that he bought decades ago and still drives. But he isn't the greatest driver in the world, and his shifting makes me cringe everytime I see it. Manuals themselves are a forgotten art now adays...I think I'm one of the few in my generation that actually knows how to drive one well.

Oh well, those people don't know what they're missing.

anathema

Quote from: Linkx on January 09, 2010, 07:40:10 PM
I"m still not entirely sure about the rotary engine, I've heard they output a ton of heat compared to a similar inline, boxster or flat engine.

Lulz. Most people complain about the fuel economy, The fact its a hybrid (It burns both gasoline and oil at the same time! by design!), and it's propensity to have the seals fail after 50,000 miles if you don't always warm it up properly.

They do run hot, but they're not like piston engines. With a piston engine, you have a combustion with every other rotation of the crank shaft, allowing the cylinder to cool. Rotary engines on the other hand have a combustion phase with every single rotation of the crank shaft, and the rotor itself only completes a full revolution for every 3 rotations of the crank shaft. This means more heat, but also a much better power to weight ratio, which is why you can get over 200 horsepower out of 1.3 liters of displacement.   Theres no valve train to go wrong, no rods to throw, no timing belts, and they redline at 9000 RPM.  Whats not to love?

Oh yeah, Not being able to drive stick is like being a virgin. It's a perfectly valid way to go through life but people are gonna laugh at you for it.  :clap:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended.
That we have but slumbered here, whilst these visions did appear.

anathema

JackO

Lemon Racing xD I can picture it now...its Le Mans...although you're probably just making a play on words...hmmmm

I like Top Gear I must say, but I;d prefer to watch NASCAR to F1 if I could, except in England, we have the F1 champions for the previous 2 seasons, so everyone is either loving it, or disinterested in car racing.

If I had a car, which I don't, although, when I get around to passing my test I might, I'd probably get

Realistic Option: Mini Cooper S

Outlandish Option: Lotus Elise

Linkx

Quote from: anathema on January 09, 2010, 08:50:03 PM

Lulz. Most people complain about the fuel economy, The fact its a hybrid (It burns both gasoline and oil at the same time! by design!), and it's propensity to have the seals fail after 50,000 miles if you don't always warm it up properly.

Oh yeah, Not being able to drive stick is like being a virgin. It's a perfectly valid way to go through life but people are gonna laugh at you for it.  :clap:

Haha both these statements made me laugh. A Hybrid, lol.

Jack, a mini cooper or lotus? you must be one short man. and lollllll that van around the nurburgring that made my night.

Here's a pic of the yellowbird.
"It's the land of the 24 hour party, my fist wrapped firmly around a fifth of bacardi. On the sunset strip's where the orphans play tonight."

JackO

Quote from: Linkx on January 11, 2010, 10:27:53 PM

Jack, a mini cooper or lotus? you must be one short man. and lollllll that van around the nurburgring that made my night.

I'm 6 foot  :crying:

I just happen to like compact sports cars, I'm not a fan of the big ol' long wide cars :/

anathema

I've gotten a chance to look over some Elise's and even a Lotus Exige.  Fantastic looking street legal go karts is what they are.

I hope to get to drive one someday.

anastyanax

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to cars, but if I had the money I'd buy a black corvette. that, to me, is a damn sexy machine.

http://www.exoticsandluxury.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/black-corvette-c6-z06supercar-weekend.jpg

Linkx

The newer lotus's are alright not a huge fan of the Elise but i used to play WoW(years ago) with a guy who drove one.

My coworker has an 08 Corvette z06 just like that one you pictured anax black just like that, she either drives that or a Dinan M3 which is really sweet.

Mini Cooper =/= sports car, not even the S I'm sorry they just look like clown cars. lol 6feet have you tried sitting In a mini cooper? I would imagine it would be rather cramped I'm about 6'3" myself.
"It's the land of the 24 hour party, my fist wrapped firmly around a fifth of bacardi. On the sunset strip's where the orphans play tonight."

FallenStar

I do so enjoy looking at Corvette Convertibles, myself. I don't have money (or a license anyway) for one, but I do have a nice little toy version and I so wish I could have a real life version.

Also, I wouldn't mind having a nice '46 Ford convertible either. Biff Tannen didn't do so bad with that.  xD
Welp... I'm fucked...