New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Car thread

Started by Linkx, January 07, 2010, 12:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linkx

Anything about cars, what you drive now, what you wish to drive stories pictures anything and everything about cars.

Here's my car it's a 1987 944s I bought it recently as my passat had engine seals that started to go at 170k which made me : (

I've had to do a little bit of work on it so far but it's really been worth it, my father and I shared a love of porsches that I will carry with me forever, awesome cars

Now this is the porsche i would really like to own but I don't have a spare 40 or 50 grand sitting around >_>;;... a 1998 C2s or C4s or hell even a turbo or twin turbo, just that 993 body style is just fucking amazing, far superior to the ghastly 996

/drool
"It's the land of the 24 hour party, my fist wrapped firmly around a fifth of bacardi. On the sunset strip's where the orphans play tonight."

anathema

I drive a Mazda RX-8.  Stick shift.

I figure a car is the second most expensive thing I'd ever buy, I may as well buy one that's fun.

I also have a fetish for rotary engines.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended.
That we have but slumbered here, whilst these visions did appear.

DubiousCharms

The picture isn't MY car specifically, but that's the exact model I own. I named her Lucille, or Lulu, and I love her. She's a real tough broad - I got rear-ended about two months ago and she came away with a dent in the back and a cracked taillight. The other guy's front end was completely smashed in and leaking fluid everywhere.

I love my car. My parents recently got me a new radio so I can listen to my iPod! :3

FallenStar

I don't have a car of my own, but I remember in my youth how much I used to love this old Toyota Corolla station wagon of my dad's. It was a 1978 model, bright yellow...  I used to curl up in the back seat and take a nap after my late night karate class (well, late night back then meant about 7-9 PM xD) and dream all about my... er... female swimmates.   :lol:

Eventually, though, the clutch started going bad on it and this one time, it broke down about a mile or two from our house, so I volunteered to walk through the pouring rain to go get my mom to come pick up my dad. I made it all the way there only to find out a cop had stopped to help my dad and my mom already knew the whole story.

I wound up straining my ankle and being on crutches for a few days afterward.  xD

Welp... I'm fucked...

D_guy10

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that story Star, that's messed up. I would've been severely upset.

I don't have a car either, for that matter I don't have my license, I don't even know if I can drive semi-properly it's been so long I was in the driver's seat.
I love motorsports and can pinpoint the model name and in some cases the specific year of most every car I see on the street, but I hate driving. Loathe it actually, why? Grand Theft Auto, I got road rage up the ass, driving is the last thing I want to do.

That said, if I could have a car it'd have to be a Lancia Delta Integrale

Problem is there are numerous reports of them being sort of unreliable. Everyone says they are a blast to drive though, I know I had some great times driving it in Gran Turismo 4 anyway.  :lol:

My other much more realistic, even possible choice is a 1986-87 Toyota Corolla GT-S, otherwise known as the hachi-roku. And yes I have seen all the Initial D seasons, and no that's not the only reason I'm interested in the car. My dad used to have a 19-eighty-something Celica that beared a strong resemblance to the AE86, I prefer the Corolla because it's not as wide as the Celica and has a nicer body design, and it reminds me of my dad's car at the same time.

FallenStar

I wouldn't say I have road rage... most times that only comes out on the road...

No, me... I have all-time rage... that is, I rage all the time about things that piss me off.  xD

And it actually wasn't all that bad to be on crutches for a while. It was definitely a talking point.   :lol:

I like motorsports too... primarily Nascar's top division - Sprint Cup. Too bad most people I know either don't care for it or outright hate it.   :S
Welp... I'm fucked...

Iku Nagae

I have a tan/gold 2000 Buick Century Custom. I don't have any pics of it though.
I got it in early 2006 from an elderly lady in my community, whose husband died the day after hurricane Willima hit. He was tending to their plants that the storm messed up and had a heart attack.
She put an ad for it in our communities news letter. I looked at the add, had $7,000. we bargained out a deal for about $6,000.
I love this car. Its running perfectly, except for the ABS, which has a warning light on so I'd imagine it's shot by now. I have no intentions of getting it fixed anytime soon.

Quote from: FallenStar on January 08, 2010, 08:36:23 PM
I like motorsports too... primarily Nascar's top division - Sprint Cup.
I love Nascar, but I don't have cable in my apartment so I can't watch it ;_;
I do when I visit my family though.

FallenStar

I don't have cable either;  best I can do is catch the Chase on ABC at the end of the year or go to Nascar.com   :crying:
Welp... I'm fucked...

anathema

This is probably a good thread to ask who here likes Top Gear?   I've got all 14 seasons :)

Mighty Oracle

My uncle absolutely loves Nascar. I think it sucks ass, though. >_>

anathema

NASCAR sucks, except for the crashes, which are pretty spectacular.

I prefer F1, Lemons style racing, or rally racing.  Things with right turns really.

FallenStar

F1 sucks... It looks like Go-karts going WAY too fast on tracks where they ought not be going so fast  <.<  >.>
Welp... I'm fucked...

anathema

Quote from: FallenStar on January 09, 2010, 03:48:56 PM
F1 sucks... It looks like Go-karts going WAY too fast on tracks where they ought not be going so fast  <.<  >.>

Thats what makes them so amazing!  It's a wonder of aerodynamics that they even work at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo

FallenStar

it's a wonder they don't all just fall apart and kill half the drivers that race them.... Oh right...

Plus, from what I hear, there are few drivers/teams that dominate the whole series. That's not much fun when someone goes out on a big lead and holds it for half if not the whole race.

Welp... I'm fucked...

Linkx

Quote from: anathema on January 09, 2010, 12:52:21 PM
NASCAR sucks, except for the crashes, which are pretty spectacular.

I prefer F1, Lemons style racing, or rally racing.  Things with right turns really.

Yes! lemon races are awesome same with rallying I would offroad driving. Rx-8s are pretty sweet but I"m still not entirely sure about the rotary engine, I've heard they output a ton of heat compared to a similar inline, boxster or flat engine. and +1 to the Lancia pretty sweet car.

another car I'd love to own late 70's Bmw M1 similar body style to a Pantera.
"It's the land of the 24 hour party, my fist wrapped firmly around a fifth of bacardi. On the sunset strip's where the orphans play tonight."