New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Desperate Liasons - a game still in progress

Started by the_variant, May 03, 2010, 11:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranpalan

I'm on Linux, not on Mac, and I'm quite sure it won't run -- except maybe with wine.

Rewriting it to make it work is possible, but I don't currently have the time for it. I might take a look at it eventually, if you don't mind, but I think the protocol for communicating with the server would be of more importance. It would be a good chance to learn curses, so it's certainly something I'll consider.
Always happy to get PMs/IMs

Kenichi123

Hey, Do you guys think you can estimate the time it'll take until its downloadable?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't take whatever I said seriously, Unless it has to do with anything I do-er-we-as-sh-... yeah. Just read what I wrote :(

Dynamic

Isn't there an open source version of .NET?  Mono, I think.

I'm not sure how that helps.  I don't use .NET myself.
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

Mizukine

Hate to bump a several month old thread, but it's better than making a new one that's already been established.
Just wanted to say, I'm as interested as everyone else in this project, and don't want to see it die. Have there been any new developments in production?
You are being shagged by a rare parrot.

Mdrc1010011010

PLEASE tell me you'll be releasing this at some point??

the_variant

Hi all,

Sorry to be so late in replying to this thread.  The short story is that my life has been absolutely chaotic since mid-year.  My GF moved in with me around July, which has seriously hampered studio-time, and I've also changed my priorities with other things in my life.  Basically, I haven't touched this project since May.

I'm never going to write it off - too much work has gone into it - but also I'm not sure it'll ever get a proper release, due to the way it works.  I'd need to install a secure webserver with MS SQL, and at the moment the cost will be prohibitive, as well as the security aspect.

It would be nice to re-write the project in ASP.Net to make it easier for more people to play online without having to download the bulky game package, but right now I don't have the time to do that.

HOWEVER - I do have something else up my sleeve which is much closer to being finished.  Maybe in some quiet time over the next month or two I'll get a Beta up that you all can play with...  Will say more about it later ;)