News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Further update on my multiplayer desperation / wetting game - your ideas please!

Started by the_variant, September 29, 2009, 05:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_variant

Hi all,

Been away from the forum for a while - but the good news is that I took a week's holiday in southern Spain, with the laptop, and had loads of time to sit and code.  The game is really starting to take shape as a single-player entity, I want to get it a bit further along before I make a web server available for volunteers to start testing.

I've changed a few things in the basic design and simplified some stuff that was just making it too difficult to play, but now players can make their characters perform various actions to themselves and each other.  It actually feels like a game at last!  (Maybe sometime I'll record a video of me playing and upload it for y'all to see and post ideas).  I'm still fine-tuning the power of the attacks, amount the bladder fills each turn, and total bladder capacity, to make the game last a sensible amount of time and make it possible for various actions to actually make a difference.  (At the moment you can tickle a desperate girl til you've run out of MP but she's unlikely to wet herself until her next turn when she takes another drink - the glass size is too big and the attacks are too weak).

Last time I posted I was asking for ideas on "actions" that the characters could perform - some great ideas came up, like "tell scary story" to try to make nervous characters wet themselves out of fear.  Any more ideas will be taken on board, for global attacks (like Tell Scary Story), personal attacks (like Tickle), or defense moves (like Cross Legs or Hold Crotch).

However - after playing a few RPG SNES games - I've realised there's also scope for "items" that characters can buy and use before or during the game.  Examples could be "Feather" to increase the power of tickle attacks, "Diuretic" to sneak into someone's glass, or "Diaper" to increase the amount of pee that a girl can leak before it becomes noticeable and she's forced to take a forfiet.  (Note: Leak is a new move I came up with - you can make your girl deliberately leak into her panties if she's about to wet herself.  If another character notices (using a move to look for cheaters) then the leaker will have to take a forfiet.  It might cost you the game, but if you're about to lose, it might give your girl one or two more rounds in which to win).

If anyone has any ideas please post them here.  These could be anything used to help your girl hold on longer, or to increase desperation in another girl.

If I make good progress today (no promises!) then I might post up a transcript of my test game so y'all can see how the game progresses with actions taking place.

AliasnameTO

Another global attack idea-- tease with water, i.e. pour it from glass to glass so the sound of it gets to them.

the_variant

Thanks Alias - did you suggest that one last time around?  It's sort of already on my list, I'm not sure if there should be an option to "buy" glasses or containers for this purpose.  Presumably this would also affect the character doing the pouring :p

An interesting side-note: if a character wets themselves, the splashing sound has a global effect on all other characters - it's theoretically possible that one character wetting could be enough to set everyone else off  ;)

captainjack

Hmm, how about some sort of fun personal attack involving sneaking up on a particular girl. Some sort of yelling BOO type attack to coax a fear wetting.

the_variant

Quote from: captainjack on September 30, 2009, 04:49:40 AM
Hmm, how about some sort of fun personal attack involving sneaking up on a particular girl. Some sort of yelling BOO type attack to coax a fear wetting.
Cool, got something a bit like this - there's space in my Actions list for a Shout option, anyway.  Will bear that in mind.

Any more items..?

ixrulexthatxpuddle

How about the attack "push the bladder". It makes a person push on another persons bladder.

ltmt

First I've heard of this! NEAT-O!

Since you have "tell scary story," how about something along the lines of "crack funny joke," "make silly face," or "talk about your family's recent trip to Yellowstone National Park?" Diversify, brotha!

AliasnameTO

Quote from: the_variant on September 30, 2009, 12:12:28 AMThanks Alias - did you suggest that one last time around?

You're welcome, but I don't think I did. The only other suggestion of mine I remember is having shyness/openness affect the game.

kamigawa

I would suggest creating a series of hinders that the girl would receive as her bladder fills up more and more. I mean, you could give "handicaps" to a character while her "bladder fullness meter" (just to give it a temporary name) goes up, in order to reflect her distress.I know that such a mechanic would require a lot of work, speaking of the balance of bonus/malus deriving from it, but I'm sure it would give a greater realistic feeling to the game.
I actually came up with the idea while I was playing Fallout 3 again, which gives every part of the body a special health meter, and receiving hits on a precise point leads to impairing, unusable arms or legs, dizziness from receiving a headshot, and so on.
For example, you could give extra "damage" to some particular moves (not to each one, or it would became unbalanced), maybe ones that need more points to be used (I don't know the gameplay, so I'm guessing how it could be like judging from your words), if the character is very desperate. You could even create "epic" attacks that become available only at certain stages of desperation, inflicting more damage than usual moves, and give penalties to some attacks if used at the wrong time (for example, the "shout" move could do half its normal damage if the enemy isn't really desperate).
You could even create finishing moves, that become clickable on the desktop if the other player is on the verge of wetting himself (in that case, each character or class should have its own finishing move).

**sops up all the mad-scientist sweat dripping on his face**