New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

in space?

Started by Merchant_Of_Death, January 03, 2009, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merchant_Of_Death

What effect would being in space(without artificial gravity) have on a person's bladder? Since there would be no gravity pulling down on it and (I think) stuff happens to the human body in like no gravity.

bordendazed

Gravity only influences the dripping - the flowing stream is caused by a differential in pressure - as long as there is enough pressure and O2 to keep the person alive, the bladder will flow outward with increased pressure.  Now after the velocity has impinged upon something, the remaining liquid will take the form of the environment, but in zero gravity, pee follows either a differential in pressure or a capillary action.

Lord_Nerick

or you end up peeing out your nose.... So what happens to wetting?
what am I going to do when the world comes to an end? I'm going to put sugar on my cantaloupe!

Serika

This subject needs more research. I say NASA should bring a woman along to float around and drink tea while they work on the space station. I'm guessing she would still get desperate, still wet her pants if there's no bathroom, and there would be a bunch of small yellow spheres floating around the area.

Quote from: Lord_Nerickor you end up peeing out your nose....
That would be one for the record books. Poor girl had to pee so bad it came out her nose. :lol:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Lord_Nerick

Verily, but dont ASStronauts wear diapers?.... and peeing in space leads to masterbating in space...... SNOW GLOBE!!!!
what am I going to do when the world comes to an end? I'm going to put sugar on my cantaloupe!

kimiko

If I'm not mistaken, the Space Shuttle has a toilet that operates by suction.  You sit in front of the opening, undress what needs to be undressed, let go, and it's all sucked into the storage vessel.

I also believe the space suits do have diapers, since EVA (extra-vehicular activity) can occasionally take quite a long time with no opportunity to step inside to use the can.  Especially since suiting up/de-suiting is a pretty time consuming process in its own right.

This almost makes me want to write an accident-in-space fic.  I suspect the victim would develop a yellow globe generally centered around their crotch.  And if they moved, it'd go scattering in a constellation of yellow droplets. :)  Of course, that would constitute a safety hazard, so the poor girl (or guy, if that's your thing) would probably have to remain motionless, sitting in the globular 'puddle', until someone could go get the wet-dry vac.

While we're on the subject, low-gee accidents could be interesting too.  I can envision a tourist to the Moon, unfamiliar with how to walk, having difficulty getting to the bathroom in time.  If she's wearing a skirt, you could get a slow-mo urine-fall. :)

AliasnameTO

Anyone here know about the game called Mass Effect? It would make for some absolutely spectacular FD fanfic.  :clap:

FallenStar

I have to admit, I was tempted once to write a Rinoa wets fanfic where she peed herself in that space suit while she was floating out in space in FFVIII.  xD

I mean, she didn't have anything but her regular clothes between her and the suit and if the suit weren't exactly designed to "hold" anything but air....   :lol:

Lord_Nerick

Ugh, why is it always Rinoa?! :death: Personally it would be awesome if it were Selphie, I mean, come on, that one piece mini-BAM!!! Two seconds!!!

Side note, do you think asstronauts litter space with their diapers? What a waste-of-space!

Loki275

I think the main problem would be that it would get EVERYWHERE if they didn't have a spacesuit on. It wouldn't mess up the bladder that much though. If anything, without gravity it would relive some pressure on the bladder.
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

FallenStar

Quote from: Lord_Nerick on January 15, 2009, 11:08:42 PM
Ugh, why is it always Rinoa?! :death: Personally it would be awesome if it were Selphie, I mean, come on, that one piece mini-BAM!!! Two seconds!!!

Side note, do you think asstronauts litter space with their diapers? What a waste-of-space!

Maybe because *LE SHOCK* she's actually the one in the Space suit floating around out there and Selphie's.. well... being raeped at best by Piet in the Escape Pod?   :lol:

jumanji42

i know someone who had a deviated septum and was giving her friend a blow job and when he came, it came out her nose. so i guess it's not too far off. how about a girl squirting in space

anathema

It could be an interesting demonstration of newtons 3rd law. I bet you could propel yourself across a large cargo bay with a bit of practice and a full bladder.

I'm sure in the future, consoles can be waterproof and you could use air currents to help clean up the mess.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended.
That we have but slumbered here, whilst these visions did appear.

DesperateV

This would be an interesting drawing or flash animation.