New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

List and discussion of japanese doujin FD/WS games

Started by Lisk, September 23, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisk

Impossible, she deals more damage than you can heal and there's nothing coded for IF WIN branch. You're supposed to lose and master new skills.

rk78

I found a bug in Hareame.  If Tarte is on the verge of losing it and Angie gets knocked out in battle, then Tarte immediately has an accident.

I checked the source code, and it looks like just about every Troop definition has this bug.  It calls the wrong event for Angie HP <= 0%.  Should be simple enough to fix, albeit tedious.

Great work on this so far, Lisk!

Lisk

Fixed, thanks for reporting!Now it's the time to make a final push. Mission 16 introduces a new dungeon, the final one. It is also bigger than 17 and 18 combined. Good thing that I'm well rested.

Oh yes, this weekend was amazing. Not only did I get the well-deserved rest, but also realized that the desperation scenarios from the stories are real and waiting to be seen. This weekend my department was sent to the hotel/guest house thing outside of the city. Our superiors realized that we've been going through a lot of stress lately and decided to give us a break. The guest house was about three hours away if nothing would slow us down, and our bus hit a major traffic jam, so it took twice as long. A three hour ride is boring enough, a six hour ride can bore you to death. But it also gave an opportunity for a certain situation to arise. One of my co-workers, an attractive and lively blonde lady in her early to mid thirties, took her equally cute and lively daughter with her (I estimate her to be around twelve). The little girl didn't draw much of attention to herself - when we hit the traffic jam, I've asked them if they're okay, she said that she's bored, I gave her my PSP and since then she was engrossed in playing. I wish more kids were like her these days: innocent and lively, but calm and polite. She reminded me of my older little sister who is 13 now. Anyway, I didn't pay much attention to them after that. First I was talking about things with my buddy, then I was staring out of the window, but by the end of the third hour something piqued my attention.

The girl's mother announced that we had to stop because her daughter had to use the toilet and couldn't wait (and she pointed that out twice, too). Interesting, I thought. I have to make a little remark: while I am a proud lolicon, I by no means am sexually attracted to real little girls. They are the precious flowers that make this ugly world a little bit brighter and must be loved, not molested. But anyway, my interest was piqued. I knew I would have to do something about everyone needing to go during this long drive and expected the little girl to be the first one to ask for a stop. However, she was very calm. She made an apologetic face when her mother pressed this issue, but she quickly dropped it and went back to playing with my PSP, showing no signs of needing to go badly. She was sitting cross-legged, but she did that naturally. On the other hand, her mother was restless, shifting in her seat and tapping her shoe on the floor. Aha, I thought! The classic bus desperation scenario! Being the kind person I am, I went to the bus driver and asked him if we could stop.

By that time, we were already way out of the city and were driving through some rural forest area, which means no gas stops and other similar facilities. This was exactly what the driver told me: no gas stops in sight. I went back to mother and daughter and found the lady with her purse on the knees and one hand under it (I wonder why, nyohoho), looking really troubled, and the girl still playing and paying zero attention to surroundings. Pretending that I don't understand what's going on, I told the girl that she will have to wait, and she dismissed me with an "okay", while her mother just sighed. I kept watching them with the corner of my eye, the mother was getting more and more restless, she whispered something to her daughter a couple of times, to which she just nodded, and finally said that again: can we stop, my daughter can't wait much longer. Again, the little girl made an apologetic face and dropped it as soon as she thought that no one is looking. She was looking troubled, though. I wonder what her mother told her. I've asked the driver loudly if we can stop, because people needed to smoke, flex their limbs, and pay their toll to mother nature. He said "alright, alright, in ten minutes". And in ten minutes he stopped, next to some bushes. Desperate measures for desperate times, eh?

The woman took the girl's hand and pulled her outside of the bus, walking in really awkward tiny steps, saying something along the lines "now we can pee, let's go and pee together" (some things don't translate well, she was implying that it was for their mutual good). The girl came back first. I've asked her if she was okay, to which she nodded and started to ask me some things about the game she was playing (it was Corpse Party, by the way - and I approve of that). Then some other people came back, then her mother, she was the last one to get aboard. There was a reason, which none from inside of the bus could see, but I (as I was still standing outside, making sure that we won't leave anyone behind) couldn't help but notice. When she left the bus, she was wearing black stockings, but now her legs were bare. I wonder why. Pondering about that, I went back to my sit and we continued on. Another day in this mad scientist's life.

Lisk

This is it. By the power of the four elements, by the rule of sword and magic combined, mission 16 is now ready for you to play. Most of the time the missions were focused on party members and major side characters, and they will get a lot of attention in this mission too, but now the real hero will emerge and burn bright as the sun. I don't even know what to say this time, if I get started on this, I'll spoil everything, so I'll just post the technical details and a picture of Arche from Fortune Summoners that descries my impression after playing this mission for the first time.

As of now, 306 out of 324 maps are translated. But of course you can notice that even before you download the new revision. I just like that phrase, it brings me back to Wetters Taiken translation times, which were... fun. I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for me and you will enjoy playing through this, because this mission is awesome. The character-based Wetters Story had that awesome moment when Chiffon outgrew her fears - this time it's the time for some heroism in plot-based HareAme.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. If there's any other lolicons out here, they might get something nice soon.

Vermora

Thanks for the update.

Is there a walkthrough detailing how to get the optional spells and classes? I really hate missing stuff like that in a game.

Typo: "Okay, I'll dp that..."
"It is the same as in Sumu. No one... most likely not even Kurone who takes Grand Master's orders, have never met that person."
"Barasm still hasthe Spirit Sword"
"WhenI tried to charge in"
"Flease avoid any direct contact"

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Wow, the dungeon for that mission was quite a challenge!

By the way, at the end of the mission, there was one line of Milly's you forgot to translate. It was a tiny line, so my guess for the translation would be "This is?"

So, only 2 missions left, huh? I guess all this fun has to end some time... T-T

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

Vermora

I'm stuck. Where do you go after you get the bottled water?

Lisk

Quote from: Vermora on October 04, 2012, 05:35:07 AM
I'm stuck. Where do you go after you get the bottled water?
Fourth floor. By the way, can you tell me where the last typo was? That line is pretty generic and hard to pinpoint.

Quote from: Mydnyght Edgeworth on October 04, 2012, 02:59:13 AM
So, only 2 missions left, huh? I guess all this fun has to end some time... T-T
There are other games out there, and some more in the making. Pic strongly related.

Vermora

Sorry, I was updating the post as I went through but didn't record where the typos where. It came after the others though.

"Complainss" when you talk to the woman at the counter at the start of the next mission.

Lisk

All of those will eventually be fixed. But first, another thought crossed my mind. How can I call myself a Hypnotic Loli (actually, LivingInfinite came up with this after seeing Madoka at my avatar and I liked the idea) when I'm not delivering any loli content? I'm a disgrace! I'm not worthy of frilly dresses, thigh highs, ribbons and striped panties! There is only one way to correct my past mistakes - to actually do what I was supposed to do! And so I did. I have translated one of YAMATO's games that was uploaded on omorashi.org, and my comrade in magical wands Hayate figured out how to make the engine that was new to us both work as it should. So enjoy this little game, and fight off the despair alongside with us.

darththorin

What is this game by YAMATO that you speak of? Am I just blind and not seeing a link?

Lisk

Lisk

It's friday night, which means that it's time for another update. Mission 17 is now completed and available for playing! It's much shorter than the huge 16 gameplay-wise, but contains a lot of PLOT. All that is left is one final push. One mission. 12 maps. Let's see this story to the end together.

As of now, 312 out of 324 maps are translated. Mission 17 is different from the rest of missions, you don't get the "mission accomplished" message at the end of it. Instead, you will get "mission update" message - that's when it's time to stop and wait warmly for the climax of this story.

Franklin

Alas, the curtains will soon draw to a close and we must bid our actors adieu. And as luck would have it, I finally found the trigger to Tarte's EM Skill event.

Keep strong, Lisk.

Lisk

This is it. This. Is. It. After long five months, the translation of Hareame, the spiritual successor of Wetters Story, is completed. I am filled with joy and the sense of fulfillment – we have walked this path from the beginning to the end and now another major project is finished and another great story is there for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for all of you who reported bugs and typos – unlike XP and 2000, this is the only way I can find them and fix them. And thanks for all your support - it's the only thing that makes these projects possible! These five months took a lot of effort, but brought a lot of fun. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of our labor. So here it is, the fully translated game! As usual, feedback, comments and discussions are very welcome.