"Car Trip" the desperation game 0.51 Last update 6/13/2010

Started by none, May 10, 2010, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiketru

Faust

@Spiketru: First page. Download links.
Have fun.
=D
And remember, it was me and None who helped make it possible.
But mostly none.
XP

oramisho

looks like a nice little game thats could be pretty neat once its finished.(and its quite neat right now)
Any ideas what you wanna plan in future versions?

corumanime

OMG! I totally wrote a game myself in secret years ago! I didn't know anyone would be interested in it.. where did I put it? O-o

Faust

@Coru: Perhaps just around here.
Though if you'd be kind enough to send it to Faust, Faust would be more than happy to play it as well.
^^
@Ora: I dunno. None is the one who can program it, so there's not a lot Faust can do.
If anything, Faust could help finish setting it up, but that's about it. ^^;;

Dynamic

Faust, speaking in the third person can be a sign of mental instability.  Dynamic heard that somewhere...

None seems to have abandoned the project, at least for the time being.  It's programmed in Basic, and he has been kind enough to allow us to examine the source code.  I have been tempted to modify his program, but while I have experience in programming, I'm not too familiar with Basic.  I did manage to find that little cheat he put in, though (presumably for testing purposes) ^^;

Also, I'm pretty sure my 'style' is totally different than None's.  That is, how I write scenes, what exactly I like, etc etc.  So if I were to modify the game, it might not be to the liking of the current fanbase, y'know?

Still though, if any of you wanna give it a shot and need some basic advice, hit me up.  I'm pretty sure other (more experienced) programmers frequent the board, as well.
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

oramisho

Playing the game and reading the topic makes me want to program and make a game similar to this. I always get giddy at the thought of making huge projects like these and this one sounds fun. Sadly, I don't know a thing about programming in the least bit, though this looks like pretty beginners stuff (no offense none and faust, im sure you both put effort into it.)

turtlbrdr

I downloaded all the versions here, and I loved the idea. I've begun work on my own version so I hope you don't mind. However, I plan a completely overhaul  your versions of the game, allowing the player to do many more things like buying items, suggesting things to the girl(only one girl at this point, but once I complete this version, I would like to make a version allowing for multiple girls), and saving. I also plan to add in many more mechanics, like food items so that increase the girls urine output, as well as adding bladder sizes so that the game isn't linear in when the girl pees. The game will also include scat themes as well, however, like none's original version, I plan for this to be an optional aspect that one can opt out of. I plan to have the working version out by the end of October. There will be no beta, it will be closed if I need it, but I have a habit of testing everything out before moving on to the next part. It's a little early to give out anything more, I only have the basic structure mapped out, I still have yet to work on the actual game engine.

Another one of my questions, a little off topic as it is, does anyone think this deserves its own thread? I'm kinda worried about the game not being within the theme of anime girl desperation, specifically since it has nothing to do with anime (unless you customize your girl to look like one of them anime beauties), and I'm not sure that the scat aspect is supported here(though, there is scat desperation too...)

Lastly, and I'm certain this isn't the only time I'll mention this; Thank You none for sharing your version of this game with us.

EnragedFilia

That idea sounds a great deal like what I've been doing in this other thread
http://www.animegirldesp.org/forum/index.php?topic=3803.0
This is based on an engine that already has all the basic features you've described, and is easy to extend and modify if you know C syntax and don't mind studying the existing code a little.

All in all, if you have an idea but no engine, I think that using Melissa's would be far easier than writing a new one.

And of course, best of luck.

turtlbrdr

Quote from: EnragedFilia on October 04, 2010, 09:46:52 PM
That idea sounds a great deal like what I've been doing in this other thread
http://www.animegirldesp.org/forum/index.php?topic=3803.0
This is based on an engine that already has all the basic features you've described, and is easy to extend and modify if you know C syntax and don't mind studying the existing code a little.

All in all, if you have an idea but no engine, I think that using Melissa's would be far easier than writing a new one.

And of course, best of luck.

I plan to use the games original visual basic language, that way I don't have to learn a new language. I know enough about the VB language to get by (experience gained from programming calculators believe it or not, however the ille-whatever they added does make things easier.), not that the game will be a miss-match of different levels of programming expertise, as I learn better ways to do things I have a habit of going back and making changes to enhance other areas.

In other news I've decided to start a new forum for this, I don't want to clog up none's page for my attempt. You'll eventually (I have to get it ready) find it at: Female Desperation> "Car Trip SA" My version of None and Faust's original

In a final note for now; thanks once again none; and thank you Faust, sorry for forgetting you last time.

Faust

^^
Yay!! Faust is glad to be remembered and Mentioned.

Faust wishes Turtlbrdr sucess, as he awaits to see if None will ever return to this project as well.

Mdrc1010011010

I have a VERY strong background in visual basic, and would be elated to help you with your project... as of now I see a random number generator generating responses from the girls, and adding to their bladders
unless I'm missing somethinig I unfortunately see nothing visual to the programs =[