Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Thongs, anybody?

Started by Taiki, April 22, 2008, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinaMurray

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 30, 2008, 01:10:05 PM
I wouldn't say trauma in my past - I just really hate those ugly things. They're degrading to the women who wear them, as thongs were traditionally worn only by strippers and hookers. Now they're sold in KIDS' STORES, for 10 YEAR OLDS. THAT IS NOT RIGHT!

It adds to the increased sexed-up generation that we live in, and we do not need that! Even teenagers should steer clear for the simple fact that this is an adult piece of clothing.  *rant

You do realize that's the argument people made against corsets so many years ago?  Really, it's more of a sign of the times than any indication of promiscuity or moral decay.

We live in the age of progress, and in this case, progress seems to mean normalizing thongs.

MinaMurray

Believe it or not, corsets were considered the sign of a harlot.  Prostitutes traditionally wore them, and as a result, it got a bad rep.

Women who chose to wear them were considered promiscuous, even if they weren't.

In their eyes, yes, corsets did contribute to that era's "sexed-up ness" as you put it.

FallenStar

Methinks the object of being "sexy" is to show enough to give the appearance of nudity without actually showing nudity. Thongs do not do this - they show as much nudity as is legally possible.  That might be why so many people have problems with it.

MinaMurray

That's cool, I guess.  I just don't see why anybody would take issue with a piece of clothing.

Really, aren't there more important things to let yourself get bothered by than underwear?

MinaMurray

Fair enough.  I've actually enjoyed this discussion quite a bit, and hope for a chance to discuss those other issues with you sometime as well.

MinaMurray

It's just an analogy, guy.

Videl1201

Wow, that's one fierce reaction :)

Not that I can blame you, thongs are very uncute...

regemet

My absolute favorite is no panties in micro mini skirts or dresses.

MinaMurray

Quote from: regemet on May 15, 2008, 10:01:57 PM

This man has the right idea.

FallenStar

Quote from: MinaMurray on May 16, 2008, 05:33:43 AM

Now now... if the girl didn't have any panties on, what, oh what, would she wet when she has to pee?   :lol:

MinaMurray

The ground, or any of various spots on her lover of course  :lol:

Also, how is no panties unhygenic?  Please defend this arbitrary statement.

MinaMurray

Quote from: B.u.S. on May 17, 2008, 09:38:22 AM
Because it's effing disgusting to not wear undies? Especially in a stupidly short skirt.

Regardless, how is it unhygenic?  You seem to be arguing that it's disgusting instead.

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Quote from: Star on May 16, 2008, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: MinaMurray on May 16, 2008, 05:33:43 AM

Now now... if the girl didn't have any panties on, what, oh what, would she wet when she has to pee?   :lol:
...The skirt itself, I guess...

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

FallenStar

Quote from: Mydnyght on May 18, 2008, 05:48:16 PM
...The skirt itself, I guess...

Unless the girl is sitting down or her stream is powerful enough, she's not even gonna hit the skirt.   :lol:

Besides, it's better to wet panties, IMO. 

LOLC2k

Damn, there was no option for both and without.

Of course, the no underwear thing is only sexy if I'm with a girl in private and she's wearing a skirt. I agree it's disgusting in public to not wear panties and have a short skirt. Sluts don't turn me on, but my girl being sexy alone with me in that scenario does.