New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

What is going on here!?!

Started by Mydnyght Edgeworth, November 11, 2008, 04:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mydnyght Edgeworth

I didn't know where to post this, but anyways...

What's with these spam ads popping up here? They're showing up in the home page board news, the Rules & Regs sub-board... I mean, what's going on, what's with these guys doing this??

Okay, sorry for my outburst, people, but this is kinda pissing me off...>_<

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

FallenStar

You are not alone.

I have no   :censored:  clue how these goddamn spam bots found their way here and I swear, if I find out that this is a 4chan type prank, I will MOIDERLIZE whoever is doing this.   :death:

Serika

Hey Star, would it be possible for you to "lock" the Rules board so only mods would be able to start new topics? There's a chance the bot might not be programmed to post in any other board.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Doesn't look like it. I can only close that one topic - not the whole board itself.

laxxe23

im new here, but perhaps you can program in something that will close the connection to an ip if it tries to acces the page more than 5 times in 20 seconds?
also i havent seen anypopups at all, so did you guys fix it?

FallenStar

By making it so that members have to be approved before they can post seems to keep them out.

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Quote from: eijiwon on November 18, 2008, 01:40:45 AM
Last Shout - Posted by: Star - Tuesday, 18 November 2008 02:40

I'm sorry to be a jerkoff about this, but I wanna call SPAM here. This guy posted this "note" in eight different threads. -_-

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

FallenStar

Again?  That fool didn't learn his lesson the last time, I guess.   :S