Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

"Car Trip" the desperation game 0.51 Last update 6/13/2010

Started by none, May 10, 2010, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basil1

none

First I would like to thank everyone for waiting, the time it took to rewrite just part of my nightmare of jumbled text I called code took longer than I figured. But!!! Now instead of being limited to two girls you can now have six!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiGIQrt1IaE Technically speaking you could use thousands of girls using this method but I'll be damned if I'm going the create the interface for that!   

I still need to work on the cleaning and pull over code and I still need to add an option to use less girls thus I left the 0.42 version up if you prefer that one.

So long for now!!! This game has been surprisingly fun to make in my spare time thank you all for your input!

Faust

Well, glad to see you added an option for more girls.
Though personally, my preference is for the original code, of course. ^^
I'm glad I could play a part in creating such a wonderful game. ^^

Dynamic

Hey, quick Q (and bump).  Does this program require a redistributable runtime to be downloaded?  Like .NET or whatever?  I only ask cause it doesn't run natively on my XP machine (but is fine on 7).

Also, @ none:  Do you still want some scenarios written?  I have been super busy lately, but I can try to write something.  I had a fairly decent (I think) idea for the scenario the player finds himself (or herself) in at the start of the game.  I figure games like this require a lot of imagination on the part of the user to be fun, so maybe something like that would make it more fun.  Chime in, guys.
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

Ameboes

Quote from: the_variant on May 29, 2010, 02:47:05 AM
I also think customisable bladder sizes would be good, as well as a status area showing how full each girl's bladder is.  I normally develop my games so that the girl wets as soon as her bladder hits full capacity, but perhaps a "will wet randomly within 5 moves of her bladder reaching capacity" is a bit more inventive and surprising and I may steal that idea for my games :p

I'd go with a different probabilistic technique, myself. Like, once bladder goes beyond a certain capacity ("overfilled" maybe?), there's a certain probability of her wetting (according to the overfill amount). I think it'd model variations of spasms, willpower and concentration/distraction a bit more realistically than wetting at a random point within 5 turns.

Then again, I'm wont for more complex ideas even when not absolutely necessary. :P

I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I shall. Looks interesting. I might be interested in contributing some writing or editing work, too.

none

Quote from: Dynamic on June 03, 2010, 04:37:46 PM
Hey, quick Q (and bump).  Does this program require a redistributable runtime to be downloaded?  Like .NET or whatever?  I only ask cause it doesn't run natively on my XP machine (but is fine on 7).

Yes.

Quote from: Dynamic on June 03, 2010, 04:37:46 PM
Also, @ none:  Do you still want some scenarios written?  I have been super busy lately, but I can try to write something.  I had a fairly decent (I think) idea for the scenario the player finds himself (or herself) in at the start of the game.  I figure games like this require a lot of imagination on the part of the user to be fun, so maybe something like that would make it more fun.  Chime in, guys.

I'm still trying to find out how to take this game to the "next level" without using RPG maker as I'm much better with computer code than a "interface that writes code for you". So I'm working less and less on this game, plus my college classes are going to start up again soon. So please hold any new input until I can think of something.

Quote from: Faust on May 31, 2010, 05:13:43 AM
Though personally, my preference is for the original code, of course. ^^

Eh? The original code was a mess!

Just downloaded and played - looks like a neat idea, although as you say, needs a bit of finishing off.

There's not much I can add over what others have said.  I'd just change the interface a bit - have the main journey text in one section, and all the status bits in another section, so you can see everything without having to open the status window.

I put the girl status screen in a different window in order to cut down on screen clutter, plus I had a plan to allow the player to buy  travel johns for the girls to use. http://www.traveljohn.com/

...as well as a status area showing how full each girl's bladder is. 

I don't want the player to see exactly how full a girls bladder is it adds to the suspense!  :clap:
...or am I misunderstanding you? I apologize if I am.
I know that the most recent version does not show it as I did not program it in yet.

Quote from: gophergun on May 28, 2010, 03:43:27 AM
I really like it. Only wish it worked under Linux, either natively, through Mono, or through Wine with .NET installed. Or maybe it does, and I just can't see it because of the netbook's screen resolution.

Sadly I have no experience with  Linux,Mono, or Wine.  :crying:

Ameboes

RPG Maker, Game Maker, etc. should let you script a lot yourself, although you'd still need to be comfortable with event-driven programming and use the GUI for graphical elements. Maybe you should consider a visual novel engine like RenPy? All of that is plaintext, a mixture of python proper and RenPy's script syntax. (I think. I only ever did scriptwriting for a project, no programming.)

Dynamic

Yo, none, I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I'm a fairly decent programmer myself.  I primarily use c++ and have been dabbling in OpenGL for a while now (waiting for the red book to come in the mail so I can make some real progress).  If you need help from a programming standpoint I think I might be of some use.

In the meantime, I'll keep workin' on my game :P
"A routine soul smear confirmed the presence of pure evil."

none

Quote from: Ameboes on June 04, 2010, 01:18:14 PM
RPG Maker, Game Maker, etc. should let you script a lot yourself, although you'd still need to be comfortable with event-driven programming and use the GUI for graphical elements.

Yeah RPG maker has a scripting section but in order to set off the chain of events necessary to make a girl wet you would need one event to set up her bladder levels, another to track the passage of time another to record weather she's wet or dry, and in order to pass data from on event to another you have to create separate events  (I looked into how the wetting in wetters story is kept track of and it's all event driven.)

And in my option it's just a lot better to code it all in a program than to have an event tell another event what another event is doing. It's just way too slow and complicated. Plus I can't be sure if every one can run RPGXP on their computers. 

Quote from: Ameboes on June 04, 2010, 01:18:14 PM
Maybe you should consider a visual novel engine like RenPy? All of that is plaintext, a mixture of python proper and RenPy's script syntax. (I think. I only ever did scriptwriting for a project, no programming.)

Never hear of RenPy I'll look at it.

Quote from: Dynamic on June 04, 2010, 02:06:55 PM
Yo, none, I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I'm a fairly decent programmer myself.  I primarily use c++ and have been dabbling in OpenGL for a while now (waiting for the red book to come in the mail so I can make some real progress).  If you need help from a programming standpoint I think I might be of some use.

In the meantime, I'll keep workin' on my game :P

Thanks but for now I'm need more help in the concept/execution* area like Ameboes' suggestion for now.

My main weakness is that while I'm good at the programming field the animation and writing areas are fairly weak so I'm limited mostly to writing code.

*basically what am I going to do and how am I going to do it  :gunsmilie:

Ameboes

QuoteAnd in my option it's just a lot better to code it all in a program than to have an event tell another event what another event is doing. It's just way too slow and complicated. Plus I can't be sure if every one can run RPGXP on their computers.
As far as RPG Maker goes, you can pack it in a self-contained installer/executable, so you'd be restrained only by the OSes RPGM supports and its system requirements.

And that's pretty much what event-driven OOP programming is... Classes and objects are self-contained, and the only changes made to them and only transfer of state data is via a call to an object's own method from another object. Unless that's not what you mean.

RenPy is easy to use out-of-the-box for linear visual novels, and I think you can do a lot more using Python to script the rest of the programming. It'd probably work very well for this kind of game. It'd also be very easy to add audio-visual media. =P

none

Quote from: Ameboes on June 04, 2010, 03:59:22 PM
QuoteAnd in my option it's just a lot better to code it all in a program than to have an event tell another event what another event is doing. It's just way too slow and complicated. Plus I can't be sure if every one can run RPGXP on their computers.
As far as RPG Maker goes, you can pack it in a self-contained installer/executable, so you'd be restrained only by the OSes RPGM supports and its system requirements.

I forgot all about the new self-contained feature! :blush:

And that's pretty much what event-driven OOP programming is... Classes and objects are self-contained, and the only changes made to them and only transfer of state data is via a call to an object's own method from another object. Unless that's not what you mean.

Yeah... But it's the way I have to transfer the data that pains me normally  all I have to do is declare a few variables and pass data amongst them and so forth. But with RPG maker I have to create a class to monitor the girls bladder, one to tell the bladder to fill, one to tell the bladder to fill class to start, one to tell the bladder to fill to start event to only start one time.... It's just one million times easier for a guy with past programming experience to write his own code than to have an engine write it for him...clumsily. Plus I only want to use events with things like opening doors or getting in and out of vehicles, the scripting I write should handle the bladder levels, if the girl is diapered or not .... ect .

I did note that you can mod the existing status aliments (doom,shell)   To do female desperation stuff (desperate,protected by diaper) 

Shell -> Diaper
Doom -> Desperate    You see what I did there!!!

RenPy is easy to use out-of-the-box for linear visual novels, and I think you can do a lot more using Python to script the rest of the programming. It'd probably work very well for this kind of game. It'd also be very easy to add audio-visual media. =P

I just dl'ed it gonna see where I can take it!

edit:
Now that I think about it is there a chat room were people can meet up if they want to chat about the game?
I've got IRC installed on my computer but our the web based IRC chat seems to be down...

Ameboes

none: Well, there's the official channel #AGD on Rizon. The Java client points there.

I see your point about RPGM, it does seem more roundabout than needed. I still think it'd be faster to do than writing classes from scratch though... XD

none

Quote from: Ameboes on June 04, 2010, 06:25:28 PM
none: Well, there's the official channel #AGD on Rizon. The Java client points there.
A about one year ago I took a java programming class from a guy who was completely incompetent at his teaching job, I pretty much learned java from reading a the required book. In the process I installed conflicting java files sdks and such and could not use the web bowers java app or any java app at that!

Quote from: Ameboes on June 04, 2010, 06:25:28 PM
I see your point about RPGM, it does seem more roundabout than needed. I still think it'd be faster to do than writing classes from scratch though... XD

Hulk! Want! Blank Slate!

Ameboes

Quote from: none on June 04, 2010, 07:41:18 PM
Hulk! Want! Blank Slate!
I know what you mean. =P I've reinvented the wheel so many times in my web-programming work just because I didn't like the idea of using someone else's code and interface. XD

revenge

I'm having the same problem as yog-sothoth. The text goes off the screen. I can't fix it. I can't even set up the game yet. Am I just downloading it wrong?