Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Anime Desperation Interactive Animation: artists wanted

Started by the_variant, December 09, 2008, 01:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_variant

Hi all,

In short - I'm looking for an anime artist (or artists) who would be willing to contribute artwork to an interactive .Net application.  Currently I'm not planning a commercial release of the app, it's more a kind of pet project that could be distributed amongst anime desperation fans, much like other (rather rubbish) desperation games are now - therefore, this is not likely to be a money-spinner.  You would get involved with this project purely for fun and to help create something to fulfil a gaping hole in the omarashi world.  If you do anime artwork and you're interested, please read on for details!

BACKGROUND:

I found myself with a spare day last week and began toying with an idea I had for an interactive desperation animation.  The basic idea is for a Windows application that animates a girl gradually getting more desperate, and allows the user to interact with her as her desperation grows.

The original idea came from these amazingly cute Flash apps:

http://watercall.sakura.ne.jp/cg/omofla1.html
http://watercall.sakura.ne.jp/cg/omofla2.html
http://watercall.sakura.ne.jp/cg/omofla3.html

In the first game, the girl can be made gradually more desperate by clicking on the Toilets icon.  Eventually, when the blue bar reaches full, she wets herself.
In the second game, a girl appears to be desperate.  After 1 minute, she becomes more desperate; after 2 minutes, she wets herself.  The only user-interaction that I can find is clicking on her arms causes her to put her hands between her legs - this has no effect than looking quite cute.
The third game is more an interactive animation than a game: clicking the various buttons changes various aspects of the girl's animation, from static to desperate to wetting.

Good though these are, I wanted to go a stage further and allow the user to actively participate in a girl's desperation.  After some playing around with VB.Net (I'm an applications developer by trade) I put together a class which I've called "Desperator" - which simulates a basic stomach and bladder.  There are buttons to add small, medium and large quantities to the stomach (in the finished app these buttons will have icons depicting a shot glass, a pint glass, and a wine bottle).  Over time, the quantity in the stomach is transferred to the bladder.  As the bladder fills, the class outputs a status to indicate increasing desperation; when the bladder reaches capacity, an Overflow condition is reached.  I also have functionality for two different levels of "leak" (a constant, slow output from the bladder) which occur when bladder level passes preset points, and also "surge" (random short rapid gushes from the bladder) which occur in a similar way.

I then taught myself a little C# and started playing with simple graphics.  By cutting up a bitmap image of a poor sweet desperate anime girl (that I blatantly stole from watercall.sakura.ne.jp), I was able to put together a very simple animation; as the Desperator class outputs increasing levels of desperation, so the girl's appearance changes and she begins to move, much like the girl in omofla1 in the link above.  This animation is far from finished but it proves the basic theory behind what I'm trying to do (currently she has no arm and there's no wetting animation).

My next plan is to recreate what I've done already using Microsoft's XNA object model, which is basically a quick and convenient games wrapper for DirectX 9, and is used for developing Windows and Xbox 360 games.  This will allow greater control over the rather restrictive animations that I put together in my C# animation.  Currently XNA looks like the right way forward and I'm learning how it works as we speak.

Plans for the final version include:

A range of girls, each with their own characteristics.  Some have bigger bladders than others; some will begin to leak after their bladder passes a specific threshold, while others will surge gushes of pee in random spurts.  All girls will ultimately wet their little panties if the user doesn't click the "relieve bladder" button before the level exceeds the capacity.  Each girl will have unique appearance and pose, and a unique range of animations for increasing desperation and wetting

An optional form to display current stomach and bladder level information graphically so the user can see how close his girl is to losing control

"Assist" buttons such as Cross Legs and Hold Crotch, which will cause the animation to change accordingly and will allow the girl to hold on a little bit longer when she's right on the edge (possibly even some girls will do this automatically when they get too desperate if the user doesn't explicitly command them to)

Possible sound effects, depending on code complexity and availability of sounds to use (finding someone to record voices from won't be easy!!)

A possible option for alternate modes, such as Full Interaction (user plies girl with liquid, crosses and uncrosses her legs and generally torments the poor girl until she widdles all over herself) and Simple Animation, where everything is automatic and the user can sit back and watch his girl get gradually more desperate, cross her legs, hold her crotch and eventually wet her sweet little panties.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU!!

OK, this is the technical bit: I can't draw to save my life.  Currently I'm limited to using PSP7 to chop still JPGs of cute desperate girls into seperate sections for my animation textures.  Since I'm not particularly good with PSP7 either, this is a slow-going process with fairly poor rewards.  I'm doing this for my test girl (who I call "Beccy") who has the somewhat dubious honour of being the first poor tormented digital soul to have her binary bladder distended to bursting point at my whim.

So what I want, is someone who can do good desperation animes (or other cartoon styles) and send them to me in a digital format, for a fully-credited donation to the project.  You won't have to worry about the animation, I'll be doing all that with XNA once I've got my head around it.  The image should be designed with animation in mind; if you create digitally, then you should, for example, be able to modify several versions of your character's face to give maybe 7 different levels of desperation (from normal, smiling face, to slightly pensive, red-cheeked, holding on for dear life and crying with shame).  Legs would be great if they were split into upper-leg and lower-leg parts so they can be animated.  Trousers (if worn) could be supplied with varying levels of stain that I can use to animate leaks / surges / final wetting.  Pee-spurts, leaks and wetting output would be great too, along with puddles and splashes.

If you like, you can even include a character bio that I can put on the Character Select screen, and some info on whether she has a tendency to leak or surge when her bladder is nearing capacity, or whether she holds on right to the bitter end before it all comes gushing out.

WHAT I ALSO WANT:

If you aren't an artist, but you have some ideas for this project and would like to suggest them, please feel free.  I can't promise to build a custom app to meet everyone's secret omarashi fantasies, but if I like an idea and I think it's feasible to program, I might try to incorporate it in a future version.  Maybe someone will have a killer idea and totally turn this project on its head - or maybe an idea will spark a future project once "InterDesperator" is finished and released with handful of sweet girls for you to torment at your leisure...  For example, I'd like to make an animated game where the user's task is to guide his poor desperate girl through a series of challenges before her bursting bladder evacuates itself through her cotton panties...  But that's for another day ;)

TIMESCALE:

Without artwork, it's likely that this project will never be released.  Also, I'm currently heavily involved in finishing a sci-fi novel, several erotic short stories and producing two techno albums - so my time is tight, and I can't make any deadlines for this project.  However, I do find software development a relaxing break from all my other stuff, so if others get interested and want to help with artwork, this will no doubt give me some incentive to keep it up.

Thanks all for reading, here's hoping that in many months time we can have a good, user-friendly InterDesperator animation for all to enjoy :)

master800

Sorry for the interruption but can you please post how to download these one? mostly the first  :clap:

the_variant

Quote from: master800 on December 09, 2008, 02:14:37 PM
Sorry for the interruption but can you please post how to download these one? mostly the first  :clap:

Just click the link and it should open in Explorer.  They're flash games, so you don't have to download them, they should play online.  You will need to have Flash installed.

BTW you might get a warning about downloading some character sets, but if you click "cancel" it should load anyway; if you can't understand Japanese the character sets are useless to you :p