New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Practice English here for me is good to be kind to me

Started by Yukari53, June 29, 2011, 10:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukari53

Let me apologize to everyone here.  My English is much better than I've been typing.  There are a few reasons to have wanted to hide my real self here.  One is that I feel safer on the internet if no one really knows who you are... but the main reason I still wish to be ambiguous about because of other personal reasons.  No, it wasn't because it sounds cute.  I teach
English in Japan, and most Japanese hate it when they cannot find the right words to communicate in. 
Reintroductions:  I am a native English speaker, but call me Yukari anyway.  I am not going to give any real information here because I haven't met many people yet that I can trust here.  I do like to know people better before I give out too much information.  As you can (maybe) tell, I do like to role play though, and I am a story writer in my free time.  I am still working on my style though and trying to keep contradictions out of the stories is still hard for me at times. 
I would really need to apologize to videl, though I don't really know who you are, but at the same time, I would like you to think about what you say to someone as some of what you said can be really hard for someone with a different culture and background to understand.  In my case, I deserved it, but there maybe someone who will not deserve to be given the second degree, and they would feel threatened being addressed as you have--depending on their character of course.  Regardless, it is I who owe the apologies this time.  It is important though, for us to accept others no matter where they are from and how they choose to hide their personal information on the internet as the internet is not a secure place to give out personal information.  EVeryone here should know that already.  Anyway, I AM SORRY to all those that felt offended by the deception.  as you can see, my English is not that bad at all.  I do live in Japan, and I do think that people all over the world deserves respect unless they do something to hurt someone else.  However, I will not put personal safety or the safety of my family below respecting other people because it is my job to protect my family first. 

僕は日本語を話せますでもその物は外人も出来るのですね。  However you feel about me just being here in fantasy for a bit, I would ask that you judge not too harshly, for sometimes we all need a release of who we really are in this crazy world.  My actions were not meant to hurt anyone here, but only to do a few things.  One is personal, and I won't talk about it unless I get to know someone well here.  One was research, to actually understand the frustration of someone trying to post in English who does not have that primary language, this was good research not only for posting by non-native English speakers, but research for those that study English with me because it was not just the idea of speaking broken English or being lazy about it, but to actually try to sound like a second learner is much more difficult because you must think about how they would want to sound good and have what they say understood.  As I was forced to think of simpler and simpler ways of saying what I wanted, and what words would be important enough that they would need to be included, and what words could be replaced or left out and still be understood.  Turning this around, this is what second learners go through when they try to write in English.  They are looking for that perfect word to tell us what they want to say, and they are always nervous that they are leaving out an important word so that it would make it hard for native English speakers to understand them. 

I do want to tell you that I've met many Japanese who can communicate 100 times better than I've tried to make myself sound.  So do NOT get the idea that I am making fun of the way they talk or that I think they can never be fluent.  But after being here for about 10 years total, I do understand why there are many words or parts of words that they tend to leave off, and because some of my students ask me about why certain things are said in certain ways, I understand confusing points even among the best of the speakers--Not 100 percent, which is one reason for this experiment, but quite well enough that I thought I could semi-convincingly pull this off.  Just so you all know, this was not meant to offend anyone or to hurt anyone's feelings here.  It was an experiment about how a Japanese would be received here trying their best if their English was "understandable" but not in the "higher" group of speakers.

Again, I am sorry for anyone that I might have offended.  I am especially sorry, Videl, because he tested me at every corner with Japanese as well as telling me why, and I acted like an offended Japanese.  But if I really were Japanese, how could I not be offended by some of his statements especially if I didn't understand someone doing the things he suggested?  It was all an act though, and now you all know some of the reasons why.  Judge me, as you see fit, but I do ask for a little understanding.  It was partly for research though it doesn't mean it gave me the right nor a really good excuse.

Thanks again,

Yukari53

Videl1201

No problem. Like I said, I can't claim to be Videl Satan either :)

If I came over a bit harshly (it wasn't that forceful was it?) it was because I assumed you were pretended to be Japanese just to be cute. Had I really thought you were Japanese I wouldn't have made these posts (in fact I would have been happy to have another opportunity to practice my own Japanese language skills). Japan holds a bit of special place in the fetish community and I don't blame anyone for role-playing, or having fantasies about a cute Japanese girl. However there are people who think they can pass off as Japanese person without any knowledge of the country or of the language apart from some stuff they picked up watching anime. I thought that was the case here, but it seems I wrong there, so I owe you an apology as well.

Yukari53

Videl, I honestly appreciate your open mindedness. 
As long as you are willing, then I say let live, live. :) 
You are a very big person to be able to admit that you might have been wrong though I'm the one that started this pretext.
Thank you for your forgiveness.

Lisk

Clem Trilling

Quote from: Serika on June 29, 2011, 11:10:50 PM
Omorashi would be "incontinence" in English, but the more common way to say it is "pee your pants".

English does not have a proper word for nyoui/尿意 so we use the slang word "desperation".
Come on! "Incontinence" is for grannies here. That isn't what "omorashi" means in Japanesese is it? The urge to urinate, which I take as the meaning of "nyoui"? is certainly an anchor point of empathy and source of beauty. But the ultimate loss of control, be it leaking or soaking, pretty directly represents sexual climax in my mind. And the more I get into it myself, the more I identify the interval between first leaking and ultimate soaking as the specific altered state of mind which is the source of joy.

Would it be fair to say that the practical distinction you're trying to address is between ourselves and the seeming majority of pee perverts who just like pissing all over themselves or each other, without necessarily having any urgency? I'd happily cede the existing Western term "urophilia" to them, since focusing on the urine itself is hopelessly missing the point of our interests. That failure is another reason why I advocate just naturalizing the word "omorashi": giving credit where credit is due.

Serika

Very impressive, Videl. You saw through that rather quickly. :clap:

Yukari, let's just start over from your reintroduction. It doesn't sound like you were trying to cause any trouble so i would still welcome you to this forum. :)

Quote from: Clem Trilling on July 12, 2011, 09:28:49 PMThat failure is another reason why I advocate just naturalizing the word "omorashi": giving credit where credit is due.
Yeah, we ought to. No one ever says incontinence and desperation is too ambiguous. It totally gives me the wrong idea every time i hear "Desperate Housewives". :lol:
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.