New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Leecher Purge of 4-04-2008

Started by FallenStar, April 04, 2008, 01:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

Once again, I've done a leecher purge and deleted all those who, according to the standards listed in the sticky, are worthy of deletion.

People, let me stress one more time that even after you get the required 10 posts to see what we have here, don't stop posting or visiting!  Again, this is a forum community and I can't know what you want to see if you won't tell me! Okay?

And further, you people who join, get one post and question about "How do I see the gallery?" again, I ask you to READ THE STINKING RULES!  *read

Thank you.

FallenStar - Site Admin

Taiki

Hoorah. (sorry, I HAD to add one of  *read to your post)

Jiburiru

FallenStar

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 06, 2008, 07:08:39 AM
Just another thing - should these purges occur more often? I say this as there doesn't seem to be many pictures added to the folders, among other contributing factors (both literally and figuratively).

If I make the purges more frequently, then people complain "But I can't get back to the forum that quickly! 111!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!" and it would necessitate a redefining and retyping of the "How I define a leecher" topic.

I can do it, but only if the majority of the people want it.

packrat

Quote from: B.u.S. on April 05, 2008, 06:49:38 PM
I agree with the contributing more than anything. It's a shame that there is so little in the pictures folder and I've seen thousands of anime pictures around.

Get adding everyone!!

That might not be an issue of laziness for everyone.  Some might not be able to upload.  I remember it took me almost a month to get this stupid internet conection of mine to allow me to add pics to the gallery.  Then again, some might not have any images to contribute.  Atfer all, this is an anime girl desperation forum.  Some members might not ahve any anime pics to contribute.   It's true that we don't have many people contributing, but I think it's a bit hasty to put everyone under that category.

FallenStar

QuoteAs for the purges, I understand people are unable to get onto the site often, but wouldn't be a case of just seeing when they visited last - if it was a while ago (i.e. a few weeks or over a month) then certainly don't remove them as they may be coming back or having issues. If they visit frequently but never message then either the topics don't appeal to them or they're leechers.   

According to the SMF admin panel that I use, it lists when people's last login occur and if it has been more than 30 days since they've logged in, then it's usually a forgone conclusion that they:

A.) haven't the time for this site
B.) found something they didn't like
C.) thought this was just another anonymous image board

Which, of course, doesn't help, but yes. That's pretty much the way I do it.