New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

So long, Burger King mascot

Started by Mydnyght Edgeworth, August 19, 2011, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Yup. Burger King's gonna ditch its King mascot.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/113356/burger-king-drops-king-mascot-forbes

Anyone care? Anyone gonna miss him? Anyone happy?

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

Serika

I actually liked the creep factor in the King's commercials. It's a shame their commercials are going to be boring again, but either way i don't normally eat there.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

This is stupid and asinine in the extreme. The Burger "King" is as much an American icon as Ronald McDonald and getting rid of him for no apparent reason is just ridiculous.

It's not even as though the ads were the fault of Burger King losing business. You'll notice that McDonalds still ran plenty of commercials with their icons and still made money by producing their product with quality. Getting rid of the  Burger King is about as stupid a decision as telling McDonald's they shouldn't sell Happy Meals anymore. (which is also occurring and is just as asinine).

It's not the company's fault parents don't feed their kids properly; hell, when I was growing up, my mom pretty much handcooked all our meals and only rarely took us to McDonald's and I was never fat - not until well into college and only because I hated (and still do) exercise.

When will people realize it's not big companies' fault if you're fat, but your own stupid choices?!  :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

FallenStar

They're apparently better than Burger King at least, according to the article. ;)

Welp... I'm fucked...

Hamdiggity

Quote from: FallenStar on August 19, 2011, 11:04:56 PM
They're apparently better than Burger King at least, according to the article. ;)

If I had to choose which burger to kill myself with, I'd go with the king. McD's chicken is superior however, though it's like comparing the fragrance of shit, and finding out which smells more.. pleasing?

FallenStar

Probably because Burger King's... burgers... are flame broiled. I, for one, do enjoy the taste better than McD's...  and the Whopper doesn't have that god awful secret sauce [spoiler] Thousand Island dressing [/spoiler] all over it.

I honestly couldn't tell you whose fries are better, though I am partial to the fact that Burger King makes onion rings (or at least, used to). I am a BIG lover of Onion Rings. Never turned one down my whole life.  :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Hamdiggity

Onion rings are neat. They aren't any good at BK however. I am a lover of the onion myself, cooked of course. Raw onions are avoided.

FallenStar

I'll admit that they're not *as* good as other places, but come on... they're not *that* bad. =P

I remember this one time, I went to a restaurant and ordered a "side order" of onion rings.. and got a big, HUGE plate full of rather LARGE Onion Rings. I was like, DAYUM... if that's a side order, then WTF's an entree?!  :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Quote from: FallenStar on August 20, 2011, 06:51:01 PM
I'll admit that they're not *as* good as other places, but come on... they're not *that* bad. =P

I remember this one time, I went to a restaurant and ordered a "side order" of onion rings.. and got a big, HUGE plate full of rather LARGE Onion Rings. I was like, DAYUM... if that's a side order, then WTF's an entree?!  :lol:

Yeah, BK onion rings are okay. The zesty sauce they come with... It's not bad, but it does burn my throat a bit...

Anyway, Star, you ever try Hardee's onion rings? If not, I think you owe it to yourself to have some.

And about that PILE of onion rings they served you.... so, did you eat 'em all? ^_^

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

FallenStar

I can't ever get to Hardee's anymore. I wanted to try their Turkey Burgers, since I can't eat beef anymore, but...  =/

And yes... I ate that whole big plate of onion rings at the cost of not finishing my huge-ass burger (back then I could eat as much beef as I wanted).  :lol:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Taiki

Jeez. Am I the only guy in this thread who likes Big Macs?

Cool Face

Quote from: Taiki on August 20, 2011, 11:29:02 PM
Jeez. Am I the only guy in this thread who likes Big Macs?

I enjoy the occasional Big Mac.

How could the company even fathom retiring their mascot, they practically share the same. Might as well make a new mascot and name him Barry the Beaver. They can't argue; anything other than the King lacks continuity.
I have no witty, pop culture comment to place here, so this signature shall remain blank... problem?

Ultima02

I prefer McDonald's.  It's just better.  And though McDonald's mascot is crazy, at least he's not a stalker!
Autism is a difference

Autism is NOT a disability.

Drying

Quote from: Ultima02 on March 03, 2012, 01:01:30 PM
I prefer McDonald's.  It's just better.  And though McDonald's mascot is crazy, at least he's not a stalker!
At least in Japan, he's freaky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjD1mzoo7PY

Ultima02

Quote from: Drying on March 03, 2012, 03:34:39 PM
Quote from: Ultima02 on March 03, 2012, 01:01:30 PM
At least in Japan, he's freaky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjD1mzoo7PY

Not in America.  Thank the gods
Autism is a difference

Autism is NOT a disability.