New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Hey all

Started by reseph, February 04, 2009, 07:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reseph

I'm a 22 year old male. My interests are anime, video games and obviously omorashi. I have hundreds of pictures in my collection and I hope to share it here. :)

dragonfox2004

hello and welcome the names drgonfox i hope you will enjoy your stay

feel free to upload i know illl look at them

packrat

Welcome to the forums.  I'm packrat.  Pleased tomeet you.  ^_^

Hope to see some of your images in ou galleries soon.  Just be sure to check and make sure we don't already have an image before you upload it, okay?

reseph

The image upload doesn't have a built in duplicate image check? The Danbooru source does...

It's rather discouraging to have to check hundreds of images to see if the one I'm uploading is there.

packrat

I know, I know.  It's a pain.   But you have to do it.

Besides this is a forum, not an imageboard.  The main point of this place was to discuss the fetish.  So most of the rules and technology that was put into it's creation were designed for judging posts, not images. 

Besides, you may find an image that you didn't have in your collection.

reseph

QuoteThe main point of this place was to discuss the fetish.  So most of the rules and technology that was put into it's creation were designed for judging posts, not images.
I see. I suppose I feel mislead then, as that isn't mentioned before I signed up (or did I miss it). Also, a mod recommended this site on a thread in /d/. /d/ is an imageboard; people go there expecting images. If you recommend a site in a thread on an imgboard, one would expect the recommended site to focus on images.

reseph

What? I'm hardly ever on /d/.

Although I think you missed my point.

My point is using "Besides this is a forum, not an imageboard." as an excuse to not upgrade the technology to detect duplicate images uploaded. The team complains about duplicate images, but then instead of considering the technology it's just blown off saying this is a forum first.

FallenStar

Alright, you two, knock it off.

I'll inform the tech admin of your idea and see what he thinks of it. It could be that the source code isn't compatible with SMF forum types or the MK Portal, so all your arguing would be for naught.  =P

reseph

I doubt it'd be compatible as in there's a plugin for SMF to bridge it to SMF.

But unless one of the code (SMF or Danbooru) is encrypted, then it wouldn't be impossible to bridge them together or get them working together.