New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

Music

Started by reirei, May 01, 2008, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serika

Wow, hehe, i probably have the smallest playlist here.

Marilyn Manson (Dope Hat)

Nightwish (Dark Chest of Wonders)

Tom Lehrer (Vatican Rag)

Current favorite mp3 is "Integral body and imperfect soul" from Star Ocean 2. :)
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Phatman_Dover

I enjoy mostly 60's, 70's music. The Doors, The Who, Deep Purple, things like that. Punk rock is a favourite, and Bad Religion is a great band for all those punkheads out there.

Metal is not horrific, but not the best shit ever. Buckethead gets me going every time though. The Beatles, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, MF Doom (Only rap I listen to besides MC Chris), Aphex Twin, Locust Toybox, and a lot more.

I do not listen to country music. It's not the music for me.

Oh, and Nirvana. How could I forget them?
"We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"

"O great creator of being, give us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

Lantis

Classical; mainly Baroque and Romanticism

megafobia

All genres! depends what mood im in really.
Mostly RnB/Hip Hop (besause its up beat and easy to sing along to)
I also like my dance music when im in the mood :)
I like some rock music (foofighters, nickelback, kings of leon) but no heavy metal.
Sorry to all you classical fans out there but i cant stand the stuff!

Who here watches X Factor? (a singing talent contest in the UK)

Nekrofreak

I like all genres

the only condition is that the sound is really good that means: a good bass and a nice melody xD

but my favorite genre is Hardcore  :drool:

Loki275

I'm a big fan of the Beatles. I like most kinds of music. I also enjoy Weezer, Jonathan Coulton, and Everclear.
Would you like to play a game? Heads I win, tails you lose.

impasse32

Rock of all types, occasional metal bands, pop/electronica, and a little rap on top of it.
The only thing I don't do, and refuse to listen to, is country.

as far as bands go i've got:
Coheed & Cambria, Darren Hayes/Savage Garden, Shinedown, Dave Matthews Band, Static X, Disturbed, Switchfoot, My Chemical Romance, and Steve Vai (my fav guitar player)

AliasnameTO

Quote from: impasse32 on December 30, 2008, 10:09:45 AM
Rock of all types, occasional metal bands, pop/electronica, and a little rap on top of it.
The only thing I don't do, and refuse to listen to, is country.

as far as bands go i've got:
Coheed & Cambria, Darren Hayes/Savage Garden, Shinedown, Dave Matthews Band, Static X, Disturbed, Switchfoot, My Chemical Romance, and Steve Vai (my fav guitar player)

My tastes are similar, but without the metal or rap and I will listen to a minuscule amount of country, providing it's not too country-ish :p.

And regarding rock, I like Shinedown, Avril and the like, but I mostly like the older classic rock, like Lynyrd Skynyrd, AC/DC, Tom Petty, etc. And I guess it would go under "other" but recently I've listened to a great deal of Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel.

On a side note, I went to a concert a few months ago by Joe Satriani. That guy's insane, I'm telling you.  :drool: It was a little too hard for my taste (somewhat like Metallica, but completely instrumental) but they don't call him a virtuoso for no reason. Hehe I was a bigger fan of his bassist, Stu Hamm. Not only because I play bass myself, but because his solo wasn't so hard on the ears lol.

anastyanax

My musical tastes are all over the place...I don't think I could live without Led Zeppelin, Tool, Matthew Good and Alexisonfire. I mostly like rock with good guitar, alternative, and metal that isn't corny (like Megadeth...except Holy Wars kicks ass.). But I also like Linkin Park and some classical music lol