New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

SMF Arcade?

Started by Maelstrom, September 29, 2009, 05:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

SMF Arcade is a plugin for SMF-style forums which implements an arcade system, where users can play and compete for high scores in various flash arcade games. I think these features are neat, I personally use them in my own forums, and can keep me occupied for hours when there are a lot of scores to compete for. There is a wide variety of games that are compatible - in fact, virtually any flash game is compatible, but not all of them record high scores, obviously. The plugin can be found here, and a large collection of flash games can be found here.

JackO

Yeah, could be an idea for those 'quieter moments' on the forums, but I don't know

a) how many people would use it
b) which games people'd want on there
c) how interested people would be in trying to get highscores.

But if it works on other forums it sounds like a good idea.

Maelstrom

I'm just offering up the suggestion.. the admins may not want it because it is of little relevance to the actual content of the forum (unless there are any compatible female desperation-related games for it, which I doubt there are), but I like the idea, personally.

JackO

Yeah, I like the idea too, I was just trying to offer some constructive criticism as to whether it'd be helpful here.

The_Enigma

I've played on forums where they have an arcade.  It actually is quite fun, and a little bit of playful competition can spark activity and loyalty to the boards.

As for the games that have been on the forums I've played, there's been Pac-Man, Tetris, Snake, Super Mario Bros. Flash, Helicopter, Hexagon, Simon, Space Invaders, etc.

I think this is a good idea, even though it may not be directly related.  (Speaking of which, we have a Video Game forum, which isn't directly related to Anime or Desperation in general...so I don't think it necessarily has to relate to be popular)