News:

New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

It's April Fool's Day. Any pranks you fell victim to today?

Started by Mydnyght Edgeworth, April 01, 2010, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mydnyght Edgeworth

Yeah, what the subject line is asking you.

I'll tell you this, I got roped into an early April Fool's gag earlier in the week. You might know Zero Punctuation, right? Well, on the website that houses that video series, escapistmagazine.com, there are quite a few other video series. The one I want to bring up is Unskippable, which involves these two guys making humorous comments as they watch dumb cutscenes from video games. (Think Mystery Science Theater 3000 for VG cutscenes without any shadow figures in the foreground.) Well, this week they advertised that they'd be doing Final Fantasy XIII, and...

Well, just watch ------> http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/1567-Final-Fantasy-XIII

So...on that note, which pranks managed to nail you on this year's April Fool's Day?

This loli is not wearing any pants.
That renders your argument invalid.

Serika

Quote from: Mydnyght Edgeworth on April 01, 2010, 03:08:20 PM
Well, just watch ------> http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unskippable/1567-Final-Fantasy-XIII
Haha, i rather enjoyed that. :)

Tokyotosho.info had me going for just a second. They changed their front page to look like crunchyroll. Ick. I also wasted 100MB of bandwidth on a torrent i thought was the 4th Juuden-chan special, but it was just some dumb AMV for Hinagiku.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

JackO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

Quite an interesting April fools in this video, I won't tell you too much, but its actually pretty awesome.

Faust

Luckily, I didn't fall victim to any fools jokes.

Of course, being a deadpan snarker in Real life couldn't possibly have attributed to it.
Nope, no siree.
^^

saintbad

Mighty Oracle

QuoteSo...on that note, which pranks managed to nail you on this year's April Fool's Day?

None, surprisingly.

Starman

horrendously late, I know, but I decided to check back in on the site and just about had a heart attack when I saw Fallenstar/Squall's post saying he was shutting down the site.

;_; It seems I was the only one that fell for that.

mooseman

sparrow that link that you posted isn't working any more. could you possibly give a description of what happened?

FallenStar

Quote from: Starman on April 05, 2010, 03:58:48 PM
horrendously late, I know, but I decided to check back in on the site and just about had a heart attack when I saw Fallenstar/Squall's post saying he was shutting down the site.

;_; It seems I was the only one that fell for that.

Well, you know what they always say...  So long as you fool at least one person, your joke's a smashing success.   :lol:

Sure it was no Phatman Dover, but I thought it really did sound like me to just up and close the sight over a fit of emoness (wouldn't be the first time I threatened to do that xD), so I figured I might actually fool someone for a change.  xD

Next year, I think I'll ask Phatman for some good ideas. One of the best people I know for good jokes and reactions.  xD
Welp... I'm fucked...

Duce

I missed april fools day, had stuf going on. actually the only fools joke I came across is Topkea lol though I didn't even it was a joke at the time just though it was a logo for that day.