New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

I can't believe this is true... <_<

Started by FallenStar, January 11, 2012, 07:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/epic-fail-fail-nation-probably-bad-news-these-frivolous-lawsuits-are-tearing-me-apart.png

^ if this article is true, then this is yet another example of the pure lunacy that is the United States' legal and governmental aspects. 

I mean, seriously, was that judge sniffing crack from his own ass or what?  :death:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

Suing his estate? Does that mean the woman is suing his parents or something?

I imagine getting hit by a flying bloody torso freaked her out pretty bad, but wow... way to kick his parents while they're down...
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Drying

Well the judge may not be at fault. I don't know about the law when it comes to this, but I assume that a valid point was made law-wise.

What's insane about this is that the woman even got the idea of suing a dead person O_o

Serika

Quote from: Drying on January 11, 2012, 03:21:55 PMWhat's insane about this is that the woman even got the idea of suing a dead person O_o

This might have been her lawyer's idea. A lawyer would know how to claim this guy's college scholarship fund, or have his stuff auctioned off, or anything that would allow the boy's money to be taken after his death.

Giving this a second thought, the lawyer probably approached the woman in the first place and offered her a way to pay her medical bills, and she must have gone along with it.

It still sucks ass. The woman and the boy's family could have just came to an agreement on their own. Now the boy's family is going to pay even more money for that lawyer's services.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

dudeguy

That is just...Wow.  It seems to me like a woman who wanted a little more attention/money.  It seems like one of those people who thinks they're entitled to everything.  The sad thing is, there are more and more of these people popping up all around the world

Cool Face

Suing seems like an extreme measure; I am positive there were other options available to her for covering her medical costs.
I have no witty, pop culture comment to place here, so this signature shall remain blank... problem?

Ultima02

Wait, WHAT!?

Sued post mortum for hitting someone with his own flying body parts?  Really?  REALLY!?
Autism is a difference

Autism is NOT a disability.