New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

I KNEW I didn't like 3D movies and games for SOME reason xD

Started by FallenStar, December 30, 2010, 06:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/12/30/nintendo.3ds.kids/index.html?hpt=C2

Apparently 3D movies and games can seriously damage eyes and Nintendo is warning parents of kids under six year old not to let their child play their new 3DS.   

I KNEW there was a reason I hated 3D games and that it wasn't just because I sucked ass at them.   :lol:

Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

3D pig disgusting!

But yeah, this is a bad idea. 3D goggles haven't been popular for decades now, i don't see why some companies want to bring it back even if their screens don't require the goggles.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Magic Kitty

D'aww, really? 3D can damage your eyes...?
That makes me kind of sad ;_;
Tra-la-la~

redeker

Quote from: FallenStar on December 30, 2010, 06:49:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/12/30/nintendo.3ds.kids/index.html?hpt=C2

Apparently 3D movies and games can seriously damage eyes and Nintendo is warning parents of kids under six year old not to let their child play their new 3DS.   

I KNEW there was a reason I hated 3D games and that it wasn't just because I sucked ass at them.   :lol:

Lol, remember the Virtual Boy?
All the crazy monkeys
are playing a game that will never end,
caught up in a never-ending "Banana Roulette."

FallenStar

Thanks to the AVGN, yes, I do... and yes, that one was just as bad (or even worse, considering the lack of good games) as what they're doing now. xD

Too bad I never actually owned/borrowed/played one, though... I had a VR-type set once, though... damn thing nearly set my hair on fire and gave me a bad headache and I didn't even get to play any games on it.   :S

Welp... I'm fucked...

anime lover

I had a virtual boy and I liked mine, I had like 3-4 games for it, a spaceship shooting game, a Wario game, mario tennis and a boxing game

Total Projects: 434
Latest Project: The Geelien's 5-4
Current Project: NONE

oramisho

3D effects of any kind can lead to eyestrain for some people So this is nothing unexpected or new. Honestly its just another gimmick stuck on a machine with about 10 other gimmcks already on it (dual screens, one touch, the other 3d and widescreen. Cameras, microphone, etc). Is it any wonder why this thing costs so much?

Honestly, i see this mechanic being underused past its initial wow factor, as a majority of players will turn it off to avoid eyestrain/save battery life.