Author Topic: Sailor Moon  (Read 10251 times)

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
  • Universal Moderator ULTIMATE
Re: Sailor Moon
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
Sailor Moon Crystal - 02

Second episode. I'm a little confused what year this is supposed to take place in. The arcade still has retro games like Sailor V, but that cute little pink laptop that Usagi has looks like it was built anywhere from 2006-2012. I know there were laptops back in the 90's but those were some large, clunky, ugly as hell machines. The taskbar looks like she is using Windows 7 and it also appears to have a built in webcam and a touch pad. I suppose it doesn't matter though. The cannon where the Earth is frozen solid from 2000AD to 3000AD only applies to the anime. In the manga, they have eternal youth and live through this period, and are 1000 years old when Crystal Tokyo is shown.

Things I like

1. Ami wears glasses like she did in the manga. The original anime series left this out.

2. No filler = no stupid MOTD designs. Every youma looks really threatening.

Things I don't like

1. Saying Ami's I.Q. is 300 is silly. I.Q. tests don't even go that high. If she really had an I.Q. of 300 she could just build a laser cannon out of toasters and spare parts from a garage sale and blow the enemy to pieces instead of squirting bubbles and mist all over the place.

2. Not having this story take place in the early 90's smells like heresy to me.
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 06:44:29 PM »
Sailor Moon Crystal - 03

Oh god Rei is hot! Judging by the way Usagi fawns after her with hearts in her eyes i'd say she feels the same way. They don't seem to have that rivalry going on like they did in the 90's anime, at least not yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Usagi gets on her nerves.

I thought it was cool how Rei took one look at Sailor Moon and figured out who she was. Finally someone who isn't blind as a bat and dumb as a rock. :lol:

Sailor Venus's chain looks like a string of anal beads. :p

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »
Sailor Moon Crystal - 04

Peeing. You shouldn't wait until the last second if it takes fifteen minutes to get in and out of your dress.

/motivator :lol:

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »
What part of the story does that take place in? I mean, I know Crystal is based on the original Sailor Moon manga but I've never actually read that far back - just bits and pieces of the S-series, specifically where it deals with Hotaru. xD

Well... damn...

Offline wunderwutzl

• Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »
Itīs just the Beginning of the Original Manga,like "Issue One, Chapter Four". So far it has followed the Manga very accurately.

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »
Right, it starts with Luna finding Usagi and now they're looking for the others much like in the original anime. The second half of the first season plays out very differently in the manga though, so you might drop a few bricks if you've only read the parts with Hotaru, Star. :p

I've noticed a few minor differences so far. Usagi is supposed to get drunk at that dinner party but Japan has this law that forbids underage drinking and smoking in anime so in the last episode she just falls asleep for no reason. I think they were able to put this in the original anime because that law wasn't there yet.

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:16 AM »
Sailor Moon Crystal - 27

After about a 10 month hiatus this show continues with season 3, or what we know as Sailor Moon S. It's nice that we're going to see all 10 sailor senshi in action, but after watching this episode i can't shake the feeling that the animation budget was slashed a little bit. Oh well, i liked Lost Universe and some of those episodes looked like they were drawn by an 8 year old. xD

Things I like

1. This first screenshot. Canon lesbians 1, homophobic censorship 0. Go eat a dick, DiC. :gunsmilie:

2. Hotaru is introduced right away. In the original we didn't get to see her until 23 episodes into the season.

3. Pharaoh 90 has a speaking role, which is pretty cool. He's not just some dumb tentacle monster from the Cthulhu mythos anymore.

Things I don't like

1. Makoto and Minako acting like groupies for the new "pretty boy." Honestly this ruined Sailor Stars for me too.

2. It is SO weird seeing townspeople hanging around while they fight the monster. They don't even seem to care that the senshi are out in broad daylight fighting a huge creature. NPCs had the good sense to disappear in the original whenever the MotD appeared.

3. Again, they talk about humans turning into monsters ON THE NEWS and this somehow doesn't cause a panic. The authorities put out this pseudo scientific theory that people are reverting or de-evolving into apes (the monster was a big tentacled blob...) and everyone just accepts it at face value and doesn't question it.

Offline FallenStar

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • FallenStar fail many times, yesh?
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 08:46:21 PM »
Somehow, I wish you could share me some of the new Hotaru episodes when they come out, lol.

Well... damn...

Offline Serika

• Vile Miscreant
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 11:12:55 PM »
Well, all we see of Hotaru in this episode is that she is resting in bed. The other screenshot is the preview for the next episode. I'll share my download links with you whenever there's something you MUST see. :p