New Board created - Goofy Pic Posting. Go populate it and stuff.  :P

Main Menu

* TalkBox

TalkBox v1.0

"Uncle Phil" actor dies at 68

Started by FallenStar, January 01, 2014, 10:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenStar

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/01/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/james-avery-obit/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This is a sad day for many of us who grew up in the late 80s and early 90s. James Avery, voice of Shredder in TMNT and well known as Uncle Phil in the Fresh Prince has died.   :crying:

Welp... I'm fucked...

FallenStar

Seriously.. two days and no one's noticed this topic? You people annoy and sadden me.  :crying:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Serika

Just giving him a moment of silence.

He made a damn good Shredder. Him and the guy who voiced Krang. The old TMNT cartoon started out with some good talent.

You know, i just finished watching the complete TMNT cartoon series (with the turtle van box) last summer and i saw him in the cast interviews. He looked like he was in good health and i wouldn't have expected to pass away just yet. Also, Lou passed away something like 6 months after i finished watching He-Man and She-Ra and i saw him in the cast interviews. It's like all the old talent of the 80's is starting to go away. :(
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

A 'moment of silence'? Dude, I posted this two days before you finally said anything. That's one long ass moment of silence...  :lol:

Then again, James Avery was rather big and rotund, so maybe an inflated moment of silence is well deserved. It is sad, though, that a lot of 80's talent is falling by the wayside. I, personally, am not looking forward to hearing of Frank Welker or Jim Cummings' death when it eventually arrives. I wonder if the guy that voiced Starscream/Cobra Commander is still alive; I'll remember that voice for as long as I live from my youth.

Also, the guy that voiced Peter Venkman and Garfield the cat is already dead - died a long time ago and that was a great voice too.   :crying:
Welp... I'm fucked...

Drying

Quote from: Serika on January 03, 2014, 07:22:57 PM
You know, i just finished watching the complete TMNT cartoon series (with the turtle van box) last summer and i saw him in the cast interviews. He looked like he was in good health and i wouldn't have expected to pass away just yet. Also, Lou passed away something like 6 months after i finished watching He-Man and She-Ra and i saw him in the cast interviews. It's like all the old talent of the 80's is starting to go away. :(

First order of business, stop Serika from watching cast interviews.
It might be a coincidence, but we should not take the chance.

RIP Uncle Phil.

I've actually not watched a lot of that show when I was young (not in US), but I still enjoy it during reruns from time to time.

Serika

On this subject, just out of curiousity, i checked the wikipedia article for the Super Mario Bros Super Show. The guy who played Mario died in 2009 and the guy who played Luigi died just over a month ago. I wanted to cry like a bitch.

Quote from: Drying on January 04, 2014, 04:07:43 PM
First order of business, stop Serika from watching cast interviews.
It might be a coincidence, but we should not take the chance.

Oh man, what happens if i'm being interviewed on the news and i watch the interview of myself at home later?
On the internet you're only as smrt as your spell checker.

FallenStar

Quote from: Serika on January 04, 2014, 05:38:09 PM
Oh man, what happens if i'm being interviewed on the news and i watch the interview of myself at home later?

You get a Death Note and then two hours later, a Death certificate. xD
Welp... I'm fucked...